HELP LINDEN HOME ?

babygurlalways

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just got a Linden home and im wanting to allow someone im with to be able to control the panel and anything i can do in the house, I created a group and added them as an owner but nothing is working. i went to region panel and the acess tab is dimmen meanign i cant change anything. In the parcel panel inworld the acess tab allows me to add them but they still cant move anything i rez like a bed etc, they still cant control the panel etc. please help 

2 answers to this question

When you create a group and then set your parcel to the group and invite your friend to a role in the group, she should be able to rez things. You'll have to use About Land >> Options to allow only group members to rez objects on your parcel too.

The Access options in your home's control panel (just inside the front door) will allow you to create an access list -- a list of people who are allowed to operate the doors and windows, and to use the control panel.  You use Access >> Add Name to add your friend's name to the access list. Then you may use Access >> List to activate the list, so that only you and people on the list have access. (If you ever want to lock your friend out, you don't need to use Access >> Remove Name.  All you need to do is select Access >> Me Only.  Your list will remain in the system, but inactive until you select Access >> List again).

Read the instructional notecard that is in your home's House Controller (the mailbox) for more details.

Edited by Rolig Loon

Letting someone else move something that you rez requires other steps.

There are two ways that I can think of.

1. When you rez something, DEED it to a group that both you and the other person belong to.  Be sure that person's group role allows them to edit group-owned objects.  I don't like this method very much, as it can interfere with being able to adjust an object's permissions or modify its scripts.
  2. In your Friends List, find your friend's name and add the permission to edit your objects.  I prefer this method.  However, be aware that this will allow your friend to delete or return your objects.  If the two of you have a falling out, be sure to remove this ability from your friend's name in your list.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.