Jump to content

Beautiful Abandons


Elyeah

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I'm not sure how long I will keep it, but it's not every day that you get an island just for yourself.  I'll at least decorate it before deciding.

camper_001.thumb.png.e64578f626627e8177575d47b794a6b4.png

Wow, that is a truly amazing location.

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Dilemmas, dilemmas, what to do. I gave up my houseboat and I am awaiting release of the fantasy themed homes when I decided just for fun to roll the dice and see what I would get,  like you do. 🙄 Rolled a perfect little chalet, private and facing the sea with a railroad track out the front 😵 I love it but I also want a fantasy house.   How many homes does one girl need? 🤔

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.1d0b7a5ad76bd5b4e06652a8851ff2e4.png

  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Elyeah said:

Dilemmas, dilemmas, what to do. I gave up my houseboat and I am awaiting release of the fantasy themed homes when I decided just for fun to roll the dice and see what I would get,  like you do. 🙄 Rolled a perfect little chalet, private and facing the sea with a railroad track out the front 😵 I love it but I also want a fantasy house.   How many homes does one girl need? 🤔

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.1d0b7a5ad76bd5b4e06652a8851ff2e4.png

Linden homes are like peanuts 🥜 you can’t have only one (or two or…) 🥜

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm having mixed thoughts about this chalet I picked up yesterday.  I was hoping for nearby water but I wasn't quite expecting this:

210812_001.thumb.jpg.fb4140f87c094ae362a9804a4ebf0394.jpg

That's right up against the void where the continent ends. 

Given Linden Lab's track record for completing the edges of unfinished continents, this parcel will probably have uninterrupted sea views for ever. Which is nice, but I can't help thinking that it looks a bit too artificial. And its such a shame to have all that open water and be unable to sail in it.

I'm also not wild about the region name (Porter's Knob).

But if anyone's interested, I'm releasing it at noon SLT today.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Re-rolled for another Chalet and struck lucky with this one;

210813_001.thumb.jpg.4d153b3896e1bd305080d5162367d022.jpg

Doesn't look like much at first glance but across the street in front, is a hill...

210813_002.thumb.jpg.2c2f0c0d3bb5b9f0495d27147f8447fc.jpg

And behind the hill is the feature that gives Marbled Falls its name...

210813_003.thumb.jpg.6a648a901361a6c3d7fe36aeae377300.jpg

I've come to the settled opinion that the Chalets are "my" theme. I love this area so much.

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read this topic the last day while I was searching initially for a mainland land but .. Somehow I forgot that Linden Homes have a really good landscape overall. After 2 tries, I got a house near a lake and this is how it looks like now. Thank you everyone and this topic to remember me about them! :D 

 

Snapshot.thumb.png.b72f5b3d10518e2ae71f081b9fbd37a2.png

 

  • Like 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Luke Rowley said:

I read this topic the last day while I was searching initially for a mainland land but .. Somehow I forgot that Linden Homes have a really good landscape overall. After 2 tries, I got a house near a lake and this is how it looks like now. Thank you everyone and this topic to remember me about them! :D 

 

Snapshot.thumb.png.b72f5b3d10518e2ae71f081b9fbd37a2.png

 

Gorgeous!! Would cost a fortune on mainland 🤑

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I (or my alt) got this Stilt. Iv never had a stilt before and not tried for one either. Its on land so I guess its not a very popular location. But its sunset view and I even got water enough to rezz a small boat or jetski so im good. I think it might be a beautyful abandon after all 🥰

jasperbeach2_001.png

Edited by Always Incognito
  • Like 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This location in Fantasyland's Augment region is amazing.

I derezzed the house to show the land better. It's wonderful, kind of sitting on a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water, 2 bridges flanking and to top it off a straight on view of small island out there in the near distance. 

This, was an abandon. Got it last week. The first house I got in Fantasyland was this region, also quite lovely but not like this. Muchos besos to whomever let this beauty go. 

Perfect spot in Fantasyland

 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This location in Fantasyland's Augment region is amazing.

I derezzed the house to show the land better. It's wonderful, kind of sitting on a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water, 2 bridges flanking and to top it off a straight on view of small island out there in the near distance. 

This, was an abandon. Got it last week. The first house I got in Fantasyland was this region, also quite lovely but not like this. Muchos besos to whomever let this beauty go. 

Perfect spot in Fantasyland

 

Gorgeous, Augment is a stunning region!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This location in Fantasyland's Augment region is amazing.

I derezzed the house to show the land better. It's wonderful, kind of sitting on a peninsula, surrounded on 3 sides by water, 2 bridges flanking and to top it off a straight on view of small island out there in the near distance. 

This, was an abandon. Got it last week. The first house I got in Fantasyland was this region, also quite lovely but not like this. Muchos besos to whomever let this beauty go. 

Perfect spot in Fantasyland

 

🎉 congrats! Lovely place 🎉 I have only managed to get parcels without any water around whatsoever so far 😝 Thats quite rare in this theme though 🤔😆

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Always Incognito said:

  I have only managed to get parcels without any water around whatsoever so far 😝 Thats quite rare in this theme though 🤔😆

Yeah, that's one thing that stands out me about this theme, so many of the homes have what I consider to be 'desireable locations'  moreso than I think any other theme so far.  If I wanted a house there I think I could be satisfied really easily:)

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me, the criteria for "beautiful" in Fantasseria is different than for other themes (much to my surprise).  I'm not craving views over water expanses - (I do value those views on my Vic and houseboat, tho).   I find that I'm looking for charm, which I mostly experience in Fantasseria's landscaping.  I'm attracted to parcels in a bumpy area so there are hillocks with lots of my favorite mole plants, I like bridges, curvy roads, small waterways, maybe an island ... in Fantasseria, I want to be in a place where I expect to see Gandalf trotting by.  Maybe he's stopping for a nosh under a tall stand of mushrooms at one corner of my parcel, looking at his map by a lovely fae lamp that's gently poofing magenta sparkles by the other side of my parcel, then going over the bridge and disappearing swiftly into the gloaming beyond a bend in the road.

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

For me, the criteria for "beautiful" in Fantasseria is different than for other themes (much to my surprise).  I'm not craving views over water expanses - (I do value those views on my Vic and houseboat, tho).   I find that I'm looking for charm, which I mostly experience in Fantasseria's landscaping.  I'm attracted to parcels in a bumpy area so there are hillocks with lots of my favorite mole plants, I like bridges, curvy roads, small waterways, maybe an island ... in Fantasseria, I want to be in a place where I expect to see Gandalf trotting by.  Maybe he's stopping for a nosh under a tall stand of mushrooms at one corner of my parcel, looking at his map by a lovely fae lamp that's gently poofing magenta sparkles by the other side of my parcel, then going over the bridge and disappearing swiftly into the gloaming beyond a bend in the road.

Shadowfax!

I got my references mixed up at first I was all expecting to be pulling horses out of the mud here and then I remembered that Shadowfax wasn’t Atreyu’s horse

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

For me, the criteria for "beautiful" in Fantasseria is different than for other themes (much to my surprise).  I'm not craving views over water expanses - (I do value those views on my Vic and houseboat, tho).   I find that I'm looking for charm, which I mostly experience in Fantasseria's landscaping.  I'm attracted to parcels in a bumpy area so there are hillocks with lots of my favorite mole plants, I like bridges, curvy roads, small waterways, maybe an island ... in Fantasseria, I want to be in a place where I expect to see Gandalf trotting by.  Maybe he's stopping for a nosh under a tall stand of mushrooms at one corner of my parcel, looking at his map by a lovely fae lamp that's gently poofing magenta sparkles by the other side of my parcel, then going over the bridge and disappearing swiftly into the gloaming beyond a bend in the road.

I have to agree with this Nika. I got a few waterside parcels but they didn’t speak to me. Then I landed one with a landlocked lake outside my back door. The waterfall, the decorations all screamed ‘this is what I’ve been looking for’. I can just imagine fairies playing in the falls & hiding behind the mushrooms. It’s truly magical.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know whether it's Nika or SL, but she keeps getting very neat abandons in her 2 or 3 hops a day!  Just let another lovely Fantasy home on the edge of a big lake go.  And now this adorbs trad in Olde Bellisseria, Sweetmarsh.sweetmarsh_001.thumb.jpg.a60004097c2e3c4340566a1956607960.jpg

The potted plants along the ramp to the front door belong to the moles, not me!  To the right of the home you can see a pathway (I derendered the tree foliage so it shows).  It winds along the top of a long, rocky ridge like that behind this house, going North/South through a few regions.  These elevated foot/riding paths are, I think, unique to traditional regions.  There is a river in the region that runs shortly out to the sea in the next-door region, Cape Lively, right opposite the Fairgrounds.  I'll be letting this go later today.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I landed a Fantasy Home that only ticked off only one of my boxes for "that perfect parcel"  - directly on the water not across the street.

I wanted a great view out the back yard since I usually ignore the front. 

I wanted a view of an island in the waterway. 

I wanted the lushest landscape for that deep forest feel.

I wanted a view of a bridge.

I didn't want a house that was sideways to the water.

Not deal breaker, but a backyard view of one of the community areas would be nice if they put trees on them.

So much for what I thought I wanted.  My 1 hopper got this instead.  It is right on the water.  I had to change all my decorating ideas to adjust for a front view instead of one out the back. The house is mostly sideways to the water, but I have a view of a waterfall.  There is a rez zone near by.  I hadn't really thought about the need for one of those.  The landscaping is not lush, but the sunrise view is worth it.  I liked it enough to abandon my parcel in Ancient Magic. ( I refuse to keep more than one of a theme for myself.)  It's lovely and I think I will keep it for a while.  Here it is at moonset:

1412169825_PollyLog_002.thumb.png.5e263613d0c3319f555c8b50f217fba2.png

  • Like 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I have been on an ongoing search for a houseboat location that's on the corner of a beach with a sunset view. Also where I can use my two favorite houseboat styles -- the Evening Star and the Wallower. Thank you to whomever gave up this gem in Hunky Dory!

Hunky Dory Houseboat.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...