Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

Been premium since last Friday. After trying hard to get a decent plot, which ended up in my being homeless a few times because I wasn't happy with any parcels offered (yes, I'm picky), I found this one a couple of days ago. Not the best one but pretty nice anyway and clearly in the top 3 of what I've been offered so far. Of course there are neighbours but they are at a "safe" distance (i.e. it doesn't feel like we would all share the same plot). I've not really begun furnishing it yet as I may try to get a Newbrooke if they're released soon (but I guess it'll be during European nighttime when it happens 😒).

So far I've tried:

• victorians (nice houses but small rooms),
  • stilt (a Tortuga on water would be my dream but the very few stilt I could find were on land with neighbours right in my face),
  • fantasy (was ok but somehow not for me),
  • log homes (well, Grand View actually - even if it's not one-storied but I like the large window front and the rooms are quite spacey compared to others).

One-storied houses with open plans are more appealing to me (hence my incline towards Newbrooke or the stilt Tortuga) but the choice is quite limited. I haven't tried traditionals, houseboats, campers and chalets as I don't really like them (even the more opened chalets). Somehow I'd feel claustrophobic in them. If only we could remove some walls in some of the LH, I'd grab my hammer straight away 😁 Beware HDTV, there's a new interior desginer in town 🤣

lh_24_10.png

lh_24_11.png

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
  • Like 11

23 hours ago, EmmaAsht0n said:

Been premium since last Friday. After trying hard to get a decent plot, which ended up in my being homeless a few times because I wasn't happy with any parcels offered (yes, I'm picky), I found this one a couple of days ago. Not the best one but pretty nice anyway and clearly in the top 3 of what I've been offered so far. Of course there are neighbours but they are at a "safe" distance (i.e. it doesn't feel like we would all share the same plot). I've not really begun furnishing it yet as I may try to get a Newbrooke if they're released soon (but I guess it'll be during European nighttime when it happens 😒).

So far I've tried:

• victorians (nice houses but small rooms),
  • stilt (a Tortuga on water would be my dream but the very few stilt I could find were on land with neighbours right in my face),
  • fantasy (was ok but somehow not for me),
  • log homes (well, Grand View actually - even if it's not one-storied but I like the large window front and the rooms are quite spacey compared to others).

One-storied houses with open plans are more appealing to me (hence my incline towards Newbrooke or the stilt Tortuga) but the choice is quite limited. I haven't tried traditionals, houseboats, campers and chalets as I don't really like them (even the more opened chalets). Somehow I'd feel claustrophobic in them. If only we could remove some walls in some of the LH, I'd grab my hammer straight away 😁 Beware HDTV, there's a new interior desginer in town 🤣

lh_24_10.png

lh_24_11.png

Nice plot! Congrats 🎈 

• Thanks 1

I landed a beauty in Tern Key. Funny thing.. I gave up a houseboat to try for a trad.. and the trad I got had a houseboat parked right in front of the back yard :) 

Normally I take pictures of other people's Homes for the Parade of Homes Review. But this time I thought I would show off pictures of my new place....

1- Front.jpg

2- Back yard.jpg

3- Patio view.jpg

4- entry.jpg

5- Livingroom 1.jpg

6- Livingroom 2.jpg

7- Livingroom 3.jpg

• Like 19

to answer a few questions people been asking me about my Linden Home photos:

1. How do you make the light come through the windows for those indoor pictures?

2. How do you get such pretty clouds and skys?

Answer to 1 and 2: I learned both at Visionaire School of Photography, along with a bunch of other photography skills like camera angle, composition, cropping,etc.  (http://www.VisionaireSL.com  if you are interested.)

3. How come I see things at the site that dont show in the picture (like the addon to the houseboat?).

Answer: I derendered it using firestorm's derender feature.

4. How did you get so much stuff on a 351 LI allowance parcel?

Answer: I am very conscious of LI when I buy things. I try not to buy beautiful things that have what I consider "too high" of a LI.. such as chairs that are 7 or 8 LI each. I know that if I buy them, I will be tempted to use them, and then I will run out of LI before I finish decorating.

5. Did you really "get lucky" and land that spot on a blind roll?

Answer: Yes, I did.. first roll. (Well last roll too becauseI like the spot and wont be trading it in for another.. at least not for a very long time.) This kinda makes up for those  times in the past where I used all 5 rolls day after day and did not land something I like ... hehe.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Stoked about this abandon I got yesterday--more than the new theme release! 

Been wanting one of two spots on this region for a long time. I missed this region (and many many more on the release because I was not in Bellis at the time)

Green falls water should tell you where it is!

27f6aa5fed5869f2623156be811a0fbc.jpg

Edited by Fay Starlight
  • Like 13

Ah, Permaglow!  I stalked the region at release and had a parcel on the lake, right across from the falls, for a long time.  Big plans, but never had the time to do the scripting for what I wanted to do, and eventually let it go.  Still regret it.

• Like 3

These days of new theme realese are full of opporunities for past themes for sure. After landing several beautiful stilts, I just want to send a big hug to the person who let go this on water one with full open waters and incredible sunrise at the front porch..and I was planning to go basic again 😆

Snapshot_043.png

• Like 12

I don't know for SURE that this was an abandon, but all the homes around it were claimed yesterday, so.... if someone gave this little gem up, thank you! I love it, and I wasn't even sold on the new theme and was just rolling for laughs! I love the water, and the overpass, and the rez zone!  ❤️ 

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.b0fcb43a35253701ddaaa713a0d0b3e1.png

• Like 16

39 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't know for SURE that this was an abandon, but all the homes around it were claimed yesterday, so.... if someone gave this little gem up, thank you! I love it, and I wasn't even sold on the new theme and was just rolling for laughs! I love the water, and the overpass, and the rez zone!  ❤️ 

Snapshot_002.thumb.png.b0fcb43a35253701ddaaa713a0d0b3e1.png

Wow, that is a keeper for sure! I am excited to roll again for a Newbrooke in a couple of hours. Congrats!!

• Like 5

We all look for different things!  Sylvia, your river and REALLY cool overpass is wonderful!  OTOH,  I'm really amused by my catch today, the beige house with a whole urban park in front of it, and a pond at the side.  Rez zone around the corner.  I just love all the Newbrookian detail out front.

1650988598_NiteNewb_001.thumb.jpg.134cb8948165be3048137f2a19e7496e.jpg

• Like 10

14 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

We all look for different things!  Sylvia, your river and REALLY cool overpass is wonderful!  OTOH,  I'm really amused by my catch today, the beige house with a whole urban park in front of it, and a pond at the side.  Rez zone around the corner.  I just love all the Newbrookian detail out front.

We do all look for different things! I own two traditionals: one on the beach at Kahuna and one on the riverside at San Jocoso. So for my Newbrooke, I'm not looking for a waterfront parcel as well. I know this one might not be an abandon, so my apologies for drifting off topic..

955800077_MyNewbrooke_001.thumb.png.216366c67ace98eaf84a6dff4ce781f8.png

After 15 tries, this is the Newbrooke home I will be calling mine. I like the pool against the backyard and the rez zone at walking distance! I also really enjoy view of the street from the front window. I'm really happy LL has given us the option to put 512 homes on the 1024 lots. Hopefully I can have my animesh baby out in this LH. 

Edited by Mari Bumblefoot
  • Like 8

21 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

1650988598_NiteNewb_001.thumb.jpg.134cb8948165be3048137f2a19e7496e.jpg

Wait!! We're actually neighbors!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mari Bumblefoot said:

Wait!! We're actually neighbors!

OMGOSH next door!  Hooray!  And we've got this terrific public space ... maybe a party is in order?  All the forums (and everyone else in the known world) invited? PM me!

• Like 3