Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

7 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Caught this trad earlier today. There are a couple of tiny islands in the lake, and one of them is connected to the trad's lawn by a strip of land so you can walk over to it (where a campfire sits). I really do think that trads have the most interesting landscaping; the other themes are lovely, but trads just have so much variety!

That's a lovely description of why the trads are my favourite! 

• Like 4

On 7/1/2020 at 11:46 AM, victoriabeso said:

Thank you for this person who did abandon this one! 

It is beautiful, private backyard and on the little hill corner, 
felt immediately this is my spot :) 
I did abandon my log cabin to get again traditional, just felt It suits me the best ATM... (...till the new ones comes)

Snapshot_004444_001.png

What add-on is this?   Its lovely!  I looked on the MP but did not see it.  ty

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Talia Heartsong said:

I second that request!  Plus, if you are willing, what windlight settings did you use?  The whole photo and property are just stunning!

52 minutes ago, Talia Heartsong said:

15 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I second that request!  Plus, if you are willing, what windlight settings did you use?  The whole photo and property are just stunning!

I'm pretty sure it is this one:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BHG-Winchester-Stucco-Traditional-Linden-Home-Add-On/19576859

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I landed a cliff house in Ketran!

Steps, steps, many steps!
Woo hoo!!

Ooh also sea view :)

Previous owner still there for some time after I arrived, I hope it wasn't a finger slip abandon. She didn't respond to my IM so I don't know.

ontheroad_001.jpg

sea view_002.jpg

Congratulations! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

Woo hoo!!

Previous owner still there for some time after I arrived, I hope it wasn't a finger slip abandon. She didn't respond to my IM so I don't know.

ontheroad_001.jpg

My dear Rasp, those steps were made for you!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I picked up this abandon in Prunella. I had been hoping for a waterfront Vic or Trad, but I'm not too sure now that I have it. Maybe its because the waterfront section looks incomplete? It  lacks rocks or decor to make it look more natural? Seems like less attention to detail was paid here than in some other areas I have seen.

So now I'm musing over holding onto it as it is my first waterfront vic, or do I go back to the GoH....

h1.png

houseboat_009.png

Edited by Ophelia Dayafter
  • Like 8

24 minutes ago, Ophelia Dayafter said:

I picked up this abandon in Prunella. I had been hoping for a waterfront Vic or Trad, but I'm not too sure now that I have it. Maybe its because the waterfront section looks incomplete? It  lacks rocks or decor to make it look more natural? Seems like less attention to detail was paid here than in some other areas I have seen.

So now I'm musing over holding onto it as it is my first waterfront vic, or do I go back to the GoH....

h1.png

houseboat_009.png

I saw these and thought the same! I'm excited about the region right next to them that hasn't got any houses down yet... it looks like they paid a lot of attention to that one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ophelia Dayafter said:

it's a nice parcel but the fact you are not sure probably means you would be better off finding something you will like.  But that is just my opinion of what I would do if it is me.  Of course there is a chance it could take you time to find another one by the water, but that is what GOH is all about.

Edited by karynmaria
  • Like 3

Dropped my houseboat I had since March because I have another and the water is too shallow (at both places) to have mermaid stuff. And I wanted to play 'let's see what else is out there'.  First pickup was a Victorian. Interesting Region name, but otherwise nothing special. Then spent day watching 'old Lindenland' pop up over and over again. So when a Camper came up, I grabbed it just to stop watching stuff.  Even though I didn't really want a Camper. Ended up on an island with water surrounding three sides of my specific parcel.

web_5f0934a1d9859c3c34f23c6a.jpg

web_5f093547d9859c42f7f23c6a.jpg

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Lexxi Gynoid said:

Dropped my houseboat I had since March because I have another and the water is too shallow (at both places) to have mermaid stuff. And I wanted to play 'let's see what else is out there'.  First pickup was a Victorian. Interesting Region name, but otherwise nothing special. Then spent day watching 'old Lindenland' pop up over and over again. So when a Camper came up, I grabbed it just to stop watching stuff.  Even though I didn't really want a Camper. Ended up on an island with water surrounding three sides of my specific parcel.

web_5f0934a1d9859c3c34f23c6a.jpg

web_5f093547d9859c42f7f23c6a.jpg

That is a great location Lexxy, congratulations, amazing place

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

My alt picked up this Victorian on Cape Edward a week ago.  It's one of the best inland lots I've had.  What cinched it for me was being surrounded by water on two sides and the street on the other two sides.  It's my own private oasis. While I am not a fan of garages, (I turn them into something else), the Roost carport I put out works well.  In no hurry to decorate as I am not releasing this beauty anytime soon. 

willow cottage2_001 (1).png

• Like 15

On 7/10/2020 at 11:36 AM, Raspberry Crystal said:

Woo hoo!!

ontheroad_001.jpg

sea view_002.jpg

I owned this one not too long ago.

FRONT.thumb.png.a6fd372f47d9f6b450e768e1

• Like 4

I've never really been interested in the log homes, but I was just playing the GoH on my alt and clicked one for fun. Normally the Log abandons I find don't wow me at all, I love this spot though! really big, the next neighbor isn't right next to it, just a little down the path. I can't decide if I'll keep it, but for once I'm tempted!

439719473_Snapshot_002copy.thumb.jpg.cc8ab0789c19fb5e7dd4d05fdda04d5b.jpg

• Like 12

54 minutes ago, Fendi Miles said:

I've never really been interested in the log homes, but I was just playing the GoH on my alt and clicked one for fun. Normally the Log abandons I find don't wow me at all, I love this spot though! really big, the next neighbor isn't right next to it, just a little down the path. I can't decide if I'll keep it, but for once I'm tempted!

439719473_Snapshot_002copy.thumb.jpg.cc8ab0789c19fb5e7dd4d05fdda04d5b.jpg

I can understand your dilemma, its a beautiful spot!

• Like 2

For me it all comes down to luck. Today I wasn't sure if my alt was still in time out when I logged into my computer and pulled up the land page. A Trad appeared. I clicked and then wondered "where in the world is Residentia?" It turns out that it is in the northern part of Bellisseria. I was hoping that it wouldn't be too sandy, since it looked like it was pretty close to the water. As things began to rez, I was happy to see that the lawn was green. But what I didn't realize from looking at the map, that I have an incredible view of the lighthouse that's a block away. It's the first time I've ever landed a lighthouse view! Thank you to whoever gave up this lovely location!

Cedarburg Lighthouse.png

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

For me it all comes down to luck. Today I wasn't sure if my alt was still in time out when I logged into my computer and pulled up the land page. A Trad appeared. I clicked and then wondered "where in the world is Residentia?" It turns out that it is in the northern part of Bellisseria. I was hoping that it wouldn't be too sandy, since it looked like it was pretty close to the water. As things began to rez, I was happy to see that the lawn was green. But what I didn't realize from looking at the map, that I have an incredible view of the lighthouse that's a block away. It's the first time I've ever landed a lighthouse view! Thank you to whoever gave up this lovely location!

Cedarburg Lighthouse.png

Ooh, Residentia! I have fond memories from another region next to it. The cutest thing is the mole ferry that goes between the lighthouse and Bellisseria Fairgrounds.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1