Scripts not showing menu.

LeeDargon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Alrighty, I would like to start out by saying that I am not the best with second life terminology to I will try my best.

So I am having trouble with those blue pop-up script boxes in the top right. I noticed earlier when I was playing that a piece of furniture was not bringing up the blue menu. I later realized that any script that was not attached to my body would not work. I can sit on the furniture but I cannot access the menu, any of these menu's as a matter of fact. It doesn't even need to be furniture. I logged into another account to see if it was some config files I had saved on my pc and no, it was a problem with my account. It's not a script on land permission error, and I've already cleared my user setting from roaming. If anyone knows what this might be and could help, I would be very thankful because I'm about ready to rip my hair out. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I bet somebody will recognize this right away, but until they answer, a couple things I'd try if I had this problem. First, I'd see if this also happens when using the standard issue Linden viewer (because you say the dialog boxes are blue, I'm guessing you're on Firestorm). Then, if it works fine on the Linden viewer, I'd probably try disabling RLV on whichever viewer is having trouble (although I do not know RLV can even be related to this behavior) or a complete fresh install of that viewer to remove all settings and start from scratch -- but you'd be able to avoid that if somebody recognizes the specific setting that's broken.

Now if the problem persists across different viewers... uh, actually, I have no idea. Let's cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

• Like 1

This may not be the answer, but there is a standard workaround that scripters use when they want scripts in vehicles and AOs to continue working when their owners stray into places where scripts are set to Not Running. It involves including a control event in the script and activating it in a place where scripts are allowed to run.  Once you do that, a script will continue to run even in a Not Running area.  To work, though, the script has to be in something that is attached to the person. So ... with that preamble, I might guess that you are in an area where scripts are turned off for non-group members (or in objects that were not set to the group by their owners).  Scripted things on your own body will continue to display blue dialog boxes but your other scripted objects in the area will not.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.