Okay so I’m coming back after deleting an account and am spending some linden. I just bought the Maitreya Lara with a head and all. The only thing missing is the best out there that looks good and functions well? Also has good animations.

Edited by Abigail3519
Phrasing

27 minutes ago, lavalois said:

There are two I can recommend with experience.

Pro Bento VaJayJay

VAW vag_ina - Rigged puss_y

You should keep some distance to the Pro Bento VaJayJay, or wait for an update.
The creator obviously is a guy who never saw a naked women. If you get that *****, you will look like a cheap inflatable sex doll. Why? Because your ***** will NOT be between your legs, where it should be. Its wayyyy too much dragged up towards the belly.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

You should keep some distance to the Pro Bento VaJayJay, or wait for an update.

More importantly, how can a vajayjay be "bento" in any way, shape, form, or function? LOL Unless Avastar in Blender is nor showing us the vajayjay bento bones that LL provided for rigging? Subject for pet peeves thread, i suppose: "Anything called Bento that couldn't possibly be "Bento".

48 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

More importantly, how can a vajayjay be "bento" in any way, shape, form, or function? LOL Unless Avastar in Blender is nor showing us the vajayjay bento bones that LL provided for rigging? Subject for pet peeves thread, i suppose: "Anything called Bento that couldn't possibly be "Bento".

Maybe its called bento, because it can transform the shape of the "attachment" from being closed to a very open state in a smooth way!? I have no idea ^^
It also seems to "talk" to various male attachments. So, if one gets close, there is not need to press any HUD buttons anymore, to make it.... going.

13 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Maybe its called bento, because it can transform the shape of the "attachment" from being closed to a very open state in a smooth way!? I have no idea ^^
It also seems to "talk" to various male attachments. So, if one gets close, there is not need to press any HUD buttons anymore, to make it.... going.

Vajayjay's have been doing that since before mesh. "Bento" is a specific avatar skeleton structure. A bento animation means individual fingers can be animated, for example. There is no "Bento" for genital attachments. Even if it includes some Bento animations, that does not make the attachment itself bento; it's just a marketing ploy and a reason to think carefully before purchasing and never, ever purchase unless you can demo.

Which is why your words above are a lot more important that you may even realize yourself! LOL Because, like others, I've looked at that one over and over, but refuse to buy it because no demo. And if there were a demo, then that mis-positioning you describe would be obvious, meaning no sale. This is one of the reasons a creator selling anything costing more than L$100 does not include a demo of some sort: badly-created product or something wrong with it.

As for genital (Thread topic) and to further your comment above, some skin creators are obviously men also, because those undersides often like a lot like "after-glow-sloppiness" - like one has literally just finish a game of copulate. Even most of the mesh versions have a "closed" look that appears that way. SkinS; Ironically the Maitreya-included skins and Legacy-included skin and a very few others look more appropriate to me.

So to answer the thread topic: I would say even bother with mesh genitalia, except maybe a minimal clitoris-only add-on at most. It's not as though you're going to cam into that region when doing the pixel-naughty, right? 

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

Which is why your words above are a lot more important that you may even realize yourself! LOL Because, like others, I've looked at that one over and over, but refuse to buy it because no demo. And if there were a demo, then that mis-positioning you describe would be obvious, meaning no sale. This is one of the reasons a creator selling anything costing more than L$100 does not include a demo of some sort: badly-created product or something wrong with it.

This may sound stupid, but actually there is need for a demo. Even the product picture at the marketplace alone will tell everyone, there is something really wrong with the alignment.
And there is no way to adjust... It blends perfect into a maitreya body, but there is no reposition option at all, as far as i know.

Uhm, but i need to confess, i didnt check the whole settings menu and i didnt read any Readme notecards. Ill keep you updated...

11 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The same way that several bento peens are rigged to the hind leg bones which get repositioned and rotated during animating.

They are downstream in the pelvis hierarchy and are more viable than the single groin bone.

I know of at least 5 peen creators that use this method in some format.

Idk why yall need some fancy transformer junk with eight billion features, mines literally just a texture on the SL body and looks fine.

On 10/29/2019 at 6:38 AM, Alyona Su said:

On 10/29/2019 at 7:54 AM, Alyona Su said:

Vajayjay's have been doing that since before mesh. "Bento" is a specific avatar skeleton structure. A bento animation means individual fingers can be animated, for example. There is no "Bento" for genital attachments. Even if it includes some Bento animations, that does not make the attachment itself bento; it's just a marketing ploy and a reason to think carefully before purchasing and never, ever purchase unless you can demo.

As for genital (Thread topic) and to further your comment above, some skin creators are obviously men also, because those undersides often like a lot like "after-glow-sloppiness" - like one has literally just finish a game of copulate. Even most of the mesh versions have a "closed" look that appears that way. SkinS; Ironically the Maitreya-included skins and Legacy-included skin and a very few others look more appropriate to me.

So to answer the thread topic: I would say even bother with mesh genitalia, except maybe a minimal clitoris-only add-on at most. It's not as though you're going to cam into that region when doing the pixel-naughty, right? 

You missed it... Here is the link to the skeleton info in the SL wiki. I included a screen grab of the OTHER section with the mGroin bone listed.

The vajayjay is actually Bento. The behavior during intercourse is pretty much pointless as nothing is in sync and it looks ridiculous, IMO. Only during masterbation does it work as one would expect. In that respect it is rather surprising and some will likely find it erotic. Personally I think there are better ways to spend L$.

As to 'no demo' ...

image.png.1e57c6af78705e66b1a50d9163f480e7.png

I am amazed at what guys will cam into...

After having tried the demo... YES, alignment is a problem. Being for Maitreya ONLY doesn't help. It seems to have been designed more for SL sex than to be anatomically correct.

See http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/BentoSkeletonGuide 

image.png.b657fc299c99da236192ab9479699137.png

Edited by Nalates Urriah

11 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

It seems to have been designed more for SL sex than to be anatomically correct.

Thank you for correcting me, though I've known about the Groin attachment point on the Bento skeleton. I suppose when I say there are no "Bento" genitalia, I'm more referring to their abilities. It would make more send for an "outie" like men, for example: if he lays on his left side, will there be a gravity effect to his "Bento" sausage? So I guess, technically, if it attaches to a new point on the Bento skeleton then it can be called "bento".  As they say in Arizona: "Well, okay, then."

@Alyona Su In the vajayjay they appear to have weighed the female public area to the mGroin. Or they may have used other bones, tail? Hind legs?

It might have been interesting to add mGroin to the Avatar Physics.

I don't know of any other genitals that use the bone. But, it was a significant part of the discussion in the Bento development.

3 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

@Alyona Su In the vajayjay they appear to have weighed the female public area to the mGroin. Or they may have used other bones, tail? Hind legs?

It might have been interesting to add mGroin to the Avatar Physics.

I don't know of any other genitals that use the bone. But, it was a significant part of the discussion in the Bento development.

This could be. I dunno. To me, most skins and prim/mesh girl-bits always look sloppy, to some degree (some a lot more than others) - while in it's "natural state" - which looks a lot like "just after the act" LOL Seriously? The in-built Maitreya skins and TMP Legacy skins actually get it right, in my mind; clean and actually closed the the way it is supposed to be 95% of the time." Well, that's my experience, anyway, I don't go around looking at women's undersides in RL LOL. I'll just stop there. 

On 10/29/2019 at 10:54 AM, Alyona Su said:

Somebody is NOT one of my Flickr followers 😲

On 11/11/2019 at 9:04 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

After having tried the demo... YES, alignment is a problem. Being for Maitreya ONLY doesn't help. It seems to have been designed more for SL sex than to be anatomically correct.

Yes. I have the other product, as it works with Belleza. Because it is better positioned for viewing it is often misaligned for penetration animations... I sometimes spend hours in shoots tweaking position to get the entry to look right and camera angle conceal that one of us is floating in some weird twisted angle...

But also...

Why did SL female anatomy end up in the wrong place to begin with?

Think about the classic body's UV map. You get about 3 pixels for the entire real world crotch area. So years ago skin makers either painted it too low or too high.

When too low it literally comes out your butt and makes you look like you just got off the toilet after refusing to wipe some explosive diahrea... Avatars in bikinis often looked disgusting from behind once you saw thatngiat brown smear...

Paint it too high and it looks "off" but at least it didn't smear and in a world is T-rex spider legged avatars it was a small issue... and then animators animated to fit the new location...

Mesh just inherited this problem....

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, Nalates Urriah said:

I don't know of any other genitals that use the bone.

ZAF_Hybrid Premium Bits used to use the groin bone until the creator saw how utterly limited it was and switched to the hind leg format.

Having only one groin bone to work with is useless.

By the time I got involved in the bento beta project, it was already nearing release and it was too late to get additional bones. I was amazed no one asked for more groin bones during the early stages.

I have VAW, didn't pick up VJJ due to lack of interest. I like it plenty, and there's jewelry and stuff other designers have made for it that are pretty cute. It was pretty easy to set up and match skins and whatnot, too. So I recommend it.

I have a secondary issue that I don’t think is a big enough deal to make a whole new thread for but fits in with the discussion here in the sense of the topic and also “anatomical correctness”

I recently switched to a male avatar for fun, because I’ve been the same avi for a long time now and I wanted to try some male clothing. Keep in mind I’m a degenerate furry. Everything has gone smoothly except for a dong.

While I don’t really intend to use it or even wear it often, I feel like this virtual dude needs one or else he’s just a Ken doll in concept. And I’ve discovered a problem affecting the male genitalia on SL as a whole.

While females tend to have this problem with the above mentioned “sloppyness” or being in the wrong place (that is infuriating btw and it’s why I stick with a texture) most of the wanguses I’ve tried so far have size problems.

I ain’t looking for Thaddeus Thundercocks 12 inch long destroyer of worlds, I want an accessory. If I go humanoid there are almost no flaccid options and very few fit my avatars style from a texture detail standpoint and are way too hyper detailed. Or they have this problem where they’re too big and if you scale it down to get the business end to an adequate size you end up with tiny balls. And they’re trying to slap the floor, because I guess everyone wants old man nuts? And you can only move the whole thing up so far before you’ve got an inverse belly button.

Or if I go “anatomically correct” for my canine avatar of choice things aren’t lined up properly, and there’s the same issue of having a full size deli salami backed up by two chickpeas. 
What is the problem here? I’m gonna presume these are made by males, though I could be wrong, but they’re always so off with size options. I know it’s SL and nobody really wants to go accurate and _not_ embellish their size a bit, but this is a bit silly.

oh, and texturing, it’s bad enough for girl bits on mesh bodies where it doesn’t always fit seamlessly so there’s this inconsistency in the colliding object meshes, but trying to get a [im running out of words for *****] to not look too out of place is a nightmare, I’ve spent an hour just trying to figure out how to use my body texture colors to make my junk the same color and make sure all the material settings are the same but it’s getting me nowhere and I end up with something slightly brighter.

Today on “things that are normal to say in SL but sound crazy in real life” I’ve spent like 4000 of the finest linden dollaryoos on *****es at this point because so many of the demos are no-mod and some don’t even have demos. And while I don’t value my virtual currency that much because anything is cheaper than Habbo Hotel, this is continuing to be an issue.

7 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Am disappointed at lack of pics in this thread.

Even in the adult forums, we can't post adult images.

But find my flickr for examples of the VAW in use.

It's actually very useful for close ups - but as I noted above because SL animations are all angled to impact where 'classic skins' mapped anatomy (a choice made due to a limited UV map), when you use a prop that is more properly positioned you need to get clever with camera angle and adjusting animations to make things line up...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cheesecurd said:

While females tend to have this problem with the above mentioned “sloppyness” or being in the wrong place (that is infuriating btw and it’s why I stick with a texture) most of the wanguses I’ve tried so far have size problems.

I ain’t looking for Thaddeus Thundercocks 12 inch long destroyer of worlds, I want an accessory. If I go humanoid there are almost no flaccid options and very few fit my avatars style from a texture detail standpoint and are way too hyper detailed. Or they have this problem where they’re too big and if you scale it down to get the business end to an adequate size you end up with tiny balls. And they’re trying to slap the floor, because I guess everyone wants old man nuts? And you can only move the whole thing up so far before you’ve got an inverse belly button.

I highly suggest taking out a prim and measuring that male anatomy...

One popular male body has it built in, but when you measure it that dude has maybe a 1-2" tool...

Many of the 'giant *****es' of SL actually end up measuring true to life for a well endowed as opposed to super endowed male. My partner in much of my art had an 8 or 9 incher I think for a long time (before switching to a bento one we've not yet measured)... and that thing, even though it was only 8-9 inches... looked like it was 74-feet long on my screen...

Often the size of those things is not as big as we think... trick of the 3D viewpoint I think...

32 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Often the size of those things is not as big as we think...

That may be the case. Though their over-compensation is still obvious by the size of their laughably-large, bad LOD yachts we all keep seeing trying to fit into the dinky watering hole called Sirens Isle, pehaps a pun? Either way, same scenario and meaning LOL. So, whatever the case: Either these men are permanently 'roused or they're over-compensating. Go figure. LOL

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Even in the adult forums, we can't post adult images.

But find my flickr for examples of the VAW in use.

It's actually very useful for close ups - but as I noted above because SL animations are all angled to impact where 'classic skins' mapped anatomy (a choice made due to a limited UV map), when you use a prop that is more properly positioned you need to get clever with camera angle and adjusting animations to make things line up...

Nice Flicker.