sentrygun

is there anyway I could see my login history?

Question

is there anyway I could see my login history?

after I get hacked, I just want to know when and where they loged in

7 answers to this question

I don't think so, Sentry.

But that's a pretty negative attitude...it assumes you WILL suffer a compromised account.  If you are careful about what links you follow you will almost certainly never be "hacked".

• Like 1

"Hacking" is very difficult in SL -- difficult enough that it almost always turns out that people weren't hacked at all.  They either gave someone else access to their accounts deliberately, or -- more often -- they were duped into giving access somehow.  Phishing exploits are everywhere, not just in SL but on the Internet in general.

Sadly, there's no way to look at your login history unless you had taken some steps earlier to collect the record yourself.  There are devices available in the Marketplace ( I sell one myself, in fact) that you can use to keep track of your time in world, but you do have to set them up before you need them, not afterwards.

If you log your Chat, you can review the chat logs.  While there is nothing that specifically says you logged on, every time you do log in you start getting the messages of your friends being online and other misc messages.  Reviewing that could give you indications of when the account logged in and out.

I almost suggested that, Lil.  Then I realized that if someone's logging in on my account, the chat logs for that session will be on HIS computer...not mine.  Or am I missing something?

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I almost suggested that, Lil.  Then I realized that if someone's logging in on my account, the chat logs for that session will be on HIS computer...not mine.  Or am I missing something?

Oh yeah..... Duh  🙄

• Haha 1

You could contact Linden Lab support & ask them to give you your "dwell" information.
Dwell is record of exactly where you were and when.  I have no idea if support would be willing to give you this information though but it's worth a try.
https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support