Has any one gone back to visit their very first home is sl be it linden or other and why???

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My first Linden Home was a Mountain View where I spent much time as a dangerous newbie experimenting with prims and scripts.  One experiment I most remember was creating a room sized hollow cube and then for reasons I can't recall setting it Physical.  Later I found it on top of the house sitting at a wonky angle, I cringe thinking what that must have done to sim performance as it wiggled its way up there.  Can't recall anything special about the area it was in and after a while I decided I was better off building my own structure then trying to improve a Linden Home though I'd make repeated attempts in the future, my most outrageous example below.

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.76de820ef6548a00a273036d92ed5b0b.jpg

First mainland build was on Carrick.  Learned a lot about first checking the area for issues like ugly neighbors, with tunnel vision I fell for the view of the ocean and grabbed a 512 sq.m parcel then soon expanded into the next two.  Despite the ugly builds, and more that sprung up right in my view of the ocean, I had a blast building and realized I really should have given more thought to the internal setup before putting so much into the exterior.

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.3677743df774cd65c1ec5ce500256769.png

Just visited Carrick after I forget how many years and surprisingly things have improved there quite a bit.  Still if I ever build again on mainland I'll likely pick a different location.

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think you shoved me in it twice, too! *beams*

You were the very first soul to visit my fireplace, way back on April 13, 2011...

Welcome Sylvia

Here's the caption...

Welcome Sylvia
The first to burn away her sins in my new and improved fireplace, Sylvia also holds the record (so far) for "time to come clean".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I vaguely remember the first place, but it was on snowy land and I had a heavy prim log type cabin on it.  I couldn't find a landmark for it, but looking on the map I realised it was in Hogadon.  I don't remember the exact plot but I went to visit. It's not a very built up area, wasn't way back when either, and there's quite a bit of abandoned land.   Wow, trip back memory lane! (it was over 10 years ago I was there!). It did make me nostalgic in a pleasant way, remembering those early days,  but also very sad because a really close friend of mine was in SL then, who has since passed in RL😢

I don't think I was on that land for long, after that I bought the land I have had since then, which has been my primary home (including an art gallery and park in the past), so I've had this plot for a really really long time, and I'm quite attached to it.

I got a new Linden Houseboat this year, so I did go back to look at the Meadowbrook I had before that, which I really loved, the location was great for me. That did really make me feel nostalgic, so much so I even wrote a blog post about nostalgia in Second Life, something I experience quite a lot (you can find it here) .

• Like 2

This was my first home in SL.  It was through the old "First Land" program of LL.  It was 512m on a hill by the road in Cortina (one of the original snowy themed regions).  I started out there with a tiny little cabin and a few pieces of furniture.  I ended up later buying more land and at one point owned about half of the region.

The first two pictures show my cabin.  (Taken November 2014)

Third Picture is my Castles that I built later.

Fourth Picture is the area today.  (Cortina was mostly abandoned land for a long time).

cortina 1.png

Cortina 2.png

Cortina Castles.png

Snapshot_001.jpg

• Like 6

My first proper place was on a private estate called Savannah Beach that disappeared not long after i moved to mainland, I have been back to the two linden homes i had longer than to decide i didn't like them and abandon i forgot how tightly packed together the old home sims were, My first in Shibury has ban lines round it my second in Pennyroyal Valley like most homes has the blinds set to fully shut so no one can look in unless they cam. As nice as the homes were at the time i would not give up my Bellisseria home to go back and live there

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.