shape permission can't be changed from "no copy" even though I MADE it! Help!

angelpatty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi!  I made a shape a long while back, sent it to an alternate account as "no copy".  Now I've retrieved the shape and cannot change its permission to "copy".  This is inconvenient because it won't even  let me export the body numbers to an .xml file so I can re-create the shape.  

I am listed on the permissions floater as owner and creator - this is not someone else's work.

Any ideas? 

7 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, angelpatty said:

Hi!  I made a shape a long while back, sent it to an alternate account as "no copy".  Now I've retrieved the shape and cannot change its permission to "copy".  This is inconvenient because it won't even  let me export the body numbers to an .xml file so I can re-create the shape.  

I am listed on the permissions floater as owner and creator - this is not someone else's work.

Any ideas? 

by getting (and giving) it back from your alt the "next owner" properties went in place, i'm not sure you can repair those, you could see if your alt, when getting it back, can change the properties or see the numbers.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

No, you're stuck. You may have created the original shape, but when you gave an instance of it to your alt with no-copy perms, that particular instance was no longer yours.  When you retrieved it, you got that particular instance.  Of course, it still shows you as the creator, and you do own that instance now, but it's no longer the original.  You still own the intellectual property, but if you didn't keep the original someplace, all you have now is a derivative copy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova Convair said:

Take a pen and write down all numbers, there is your copy.

If it's no mod as well - I start to wonder why you don't trust your alt. (don't answer) 

😎

Because I was selling custom shapes then and that was my usual procedure.

20 hours ago, angelpatty said:

because it won't even  let me export the body numbers to an .xml file so I can re-create the shape.  

This should work.  What happens when you try?
Shapes have no IP - you can export whatever shape you are wearing regardless of the permissions.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.