5 letters game

I was just defrauded. I rented a place, for $300 dollars with a 300 land allowance, when I was told I only get 50! I protested, saying that I paid for 300 and I need it to unpack baby stuff. The owner offered to return the money, but it never made it. When I brought that to her attention, she insisted it did. So I filed a report. With this being said. Is there some kind of list available that lets residents know in advance which manager/owners have had previous issues? You know, like a BBB(Better Business Bureau)?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YeonaV said:

Is there some kind of list available that lets residents know in advance which manager/owners have had previous issues?

Not a chance. And Linden Lab will not generally intervene in a dispute between residents.

AND, your question is totally unrelated to the thread that you have just dropped it into.

2 hours ago, YeonaV said:

I was just defrauded. I rented a place, for $300 dollars with a 300 land allowance, when I was told I only get 50! I protested, saying that I paid for 300 and I need it to unpack baby stuff. The owner offered to return the money, but it never made it. When I brought that to her attention, she insisted it did. So I filed a report. With this being said. Is there some kind of list available that lets residents know in advance which manager/owners have had previous issues? You know, like a BBB(Better Business Bureau)?

Hi Yeona!  As Rolig says, this is TOTALLY the wrong spot for your post.  But, being the friendly sorts we are, we'll try to answer.

First, you probably were not defrauded.  I bet you checked the parcel land capacity for the parcel you were on, and it said 300.  But, for rental properties, the capacity of the land to support prims may not be at all what the landlord is renting you.  That land has to support any house and furnishings the landlord has put there.  In addition, it may be something like an apartment building, where several tenants are all on the same land parcel.  So, the landlord will give each tenant a prim allowance.  When renting, you should read the landlord's available notecards, and/or the information provided by the rental box.  If you are not sure about the terms and conditions, send the landlord a notecard or an IM and get clarification BEFORE you pay any money.

It's also probable that the landlord did refund your money, or tried to.  Go to your Dashboard page on this website and check your Account section, $L Transaction History.  Look for recent payments and see if you can find the transactions for when you paid the rental, and another after that when you were given the refund.  Even if you don't find it, don't be too hard on the landlord.  It's possible that she paid it to another person with a name very similar to yours by mistake.

There is no BBB in SL (it's been tried, and failed, due to people gaming the system).  LL won't step in, so your report's not going to go anywhere.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but most landlords in SL (including, I'm pretty sure, the one you're having this problem with) do their best to keep customers happy.  Word gets around if they don't, and they're anxious to maintain a good reputation.  Chalk this one up to a learning experience.  Even if you didn't get a refund, you're only out about $1.20 in real money.

I teach a class on buying and renting land every Saturday, at 12 noon SL Time (PST) at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend!

We now return you to our regularly scheduled "5 Word Story Game".

FARCE:  Frauds Are Rare, Confusion Endemic!

R E N T S

• Like 1