lost GBs even after removing sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Cache folders.

Look roughly here:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\SecondLife

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\SecondLife

It might be 'Second Life', 'Second Life Viewer', or 'SecondLifeViewer' instead...

Basically search your

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local

folders for any second life related folders and delete them.

These are "similar kinds of locations" on a Mac.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, fredfredmurder said:

So I downloaded SL. it took up a few Gbs. Later I uninstalled it, but was still left with 4 less GBs then i originally had. any idea as to what's going on?

Chat logs. Settings.

On the other hand, there's no way SL would take up that many GBs. FS viewer takes up only 400 MBs and it has way more bells and whistles than the LL viewer.

Maybe tone down the pron dialers a bit. ^_^

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, fredfredmurder said:

Hmm. well i did find the folder in roaming, but it doesn't seem to have done anything...I'm still down a few Gbs. i have 192 GBs, so it is not a huge deal, but still...

Anyways, thanks for your help

Deleted the folders, AND emptied the trash?

If on a windows machine - frequently open up the start menu and type in 'disk' - then open the app that pops in called 'Disk Cleanup' - it will find other things that need to be dealt with. I just got back '612mb' on my C drive that "is only used to hold Windows itself and not apps" running that... so... it ain't only holding what I told it to only hold... :P

I then got 27gb back on my D drive that holds apps and apparently... a LOT of clutter...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Deleted the folders, AND emptied the trash?

If on a windows machine - frequently open up the start menu and type in 'disk' - then open the app that pops in called 'Disk Cleanup' - it will find other things that need to be dealt with. I just got back '612mb' on my C drive that "is only used to hold Windows itself and not apps" running that... so... it ain't only holding what I told it to only hold... :P

I then got 27gb back on my D drive that holds apps and apparently... a LOT of clutter...

And when you are done running cleanup, time to run defrag.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.