anim SMOOTH Script

SwireD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi! why this script animates the texture only along one axis, and I have to rotate the texture sideways in Photoshop, is it possible to change the animation axis in this script? I also can’t scale the texture when using this script. how to reduce or enlarge the image and use this script?

i can stretch texture manually, but script scales it back

// anim SMOOTH Script
// By Doug Linden (I think)
//
// Drop on an object to make it change colors.
//
// If you are interested in scripting, check out
// the Script Help under the help menu.

// The double slash means these lines are comments
// and ignored by the computer.

// All scripts have a default state, this will be
// the first code executed.
{
    // state_entry() is an event handler, it executes
    // whenever a state is entered.
    state_entry()
    {   
        // llSetTextureAnim() is a function that animates a texture on a face.
        llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP, 1,1,1,1.0, 1,0.5);
                            // animate the script to scroll across all the faces.
    }

}

Edited by SwireD

I solved the part of the texture resizing puzzle because of the script. for this, it is enough to leave some values equal to zero. It remains unclear how to change the axis of the animation.

llSetTextureAnim(ANIM_ON | SMOOTH | LOOP , ALL_SIDES, 0, 0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0);

Edited by SwireD

On 10/18/2019 at 6:33 AM, KT Kingsley said:

You can change the direction of the animation using the texture rotation setting, either in the build floater manually, or by script.

Yes, i can, but when i drop this script in it changes back to default, no matter manually or by piece of code.

I mean, now it goes from left to right, and if i rotate the texture to 90 ° it will simply go from top to bottom etc. Animation follows the texture....

Edited by SwireD

2 hours ago, SwireD said:

I mean, now it goes from left to right, and if i rotate the texture to 90 ° it will simply go from top to bottom etc. Animation follows the texture....

yes that is the expected behaviour of the function.  There is no Axis parameter.  We do have to create a separate texture for each axis we want

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mollymews said:

yes that is the expected behaviour of the function.  There is no Axis parameter.  We do have to create a separate texture for each axis we want

Something that could be alleviated with these additional parameters.

LL needs to hire a quarterback who has all the time in the world to "tackle" things like this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

LL needs to hire a quarterback who has all the time in the world to "tackle" things like this...

agree. I would definitely like for Linden to have a person to  do this kind of intermediate-level grunt work pretty much exclusively

this person could also do other things like common API functions found in other languages: Int2Char()  Char2Int(). Int2Hex() Hex2Int()  etc

On 10/20/2019 at 7:13 PM, Mollymews said:

agree. I would definitely like for Linden to have a person to  do this kind of intermediate-level grunt work pretty much exclusively

this person could also do other things like common API functions found in other languages: Int2Char()  Char2Int(). Int2Hex() Hex2Int()  etc

There are examples of those in the wiki library.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Library_Combined_Library

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Int2Hex

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.