Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
serendipitydoo

Maitreya v Kemono

Question

hey everyone i have a question that im sure has been asked before but im going for it anyways, is there a way to make my Maitreya body look more like the Kemono avatar?,i know the simple fix would be to buy the Kemono avi and you would be right but ive sunk so much money into the avi i have i at least have to try before i go for the nuclear option, can someone help please!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

if you mean adjust your  shape to be able to wear clothes made for the Kemono on the Maitreya body then the answer is pretty much no

a alternate to buying a Kemono is to buy a V-Tech flat chest for the Maitreya. At least then all your Maitreya bottoms will still fit. Is quite a few vendors who now make tops that fit both Maitreya and V-Tech

the main thing before buying a V-Tech is to first make sure that your fav skin supplier does provide a V-Tech applier, so is seamless with your Maitreya skin

the other main thing is to demo everything before buy. In the maybe V-Tech case get the V-Tech demo and get a whole bunch of V-Tech clothing demos and see what you think

ps. I have all 3. Kemono, Maitreya and V-Tech.  What I have found is that when I do want to go more androgynous anthro-ish than my normal neko then I am using the V-Tech more than  my Kemono. Using my Kemono for the more fuller anthro look. Total furball in that sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have both and no, it's not possible to make one look like the other. Kemono's proportions are too different from Maitreya.

I'm gonna shorten the names because I'm on mobile. 

Mait can't be made as short without looking squished and bloated. Mait can't even resize it's feet to match Kem's. Mait's breasts deform as soon as you go below 50, though they can look okay until like 35-40 with help from other sliders. Kem uses a deformer to squish the shoulders closer together to get its correct shape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
51 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Mait's breasts deform as soon as you go below 50, though they can look okay until like 35-40

Thats really a pain...
47 is the lowest value i can go. Would like to be able to use 35-40, without looking like i got huge flat pancakes.
As much as i like that body, its really not made for smaller boobs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Thats really a pain...
47 is the lowest value i can go. Would like to be able to use 35-40, without looking like i got huge flat pancakes.
As much as i like that body, its really not made for smaller boobs...

Agreed, for smaller breast Belleza (Venus) and Tonic are the way to go (though Tonic has the same problem with the butt-shrinking that Maitreya has with breast shrinking) - the OP is trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Better to just get a Kemono or similar mesh body. Though there is the flat-chested optional add-on for Maitreya, perhaps it can be made to create "man-boobs"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Though there is the flat-chested optional add-on for Maitreya, perhaps it can be made to create "man-boobs"?

Never heard about. Thanks for the hint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
26 minutes ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Never heard about. Thanks for the hint.

I think it's called V-Tech or something. @Matty Luminos uses it, I believe. Perhaps he can say whether it could be an option for the OP's question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I think it's called V-Tech or something. @Matty Luminos uses it, I believe. Perhaps he can say whether it could be an option for the OP's question.

I have that (V-Tech Boi Chest) as well and it doesn't have any boob rigging. Absolutely flat. 

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I think it's called V-Tech or something. @Matty Luminos uses it, I believe. Perhaps he can say whether it could be an option for the OP's question.

Thanks Alyona.

The V-Tech mod is only suitable for using with male skins, or unisex skins with no breast shading. It cannot make "small boobs", only "no boobs at all".  You won't be able to use a female skin with it, because it's mapped for the male shape which means the nipples are in a different place, and the lower edge of where the breasts would be is straight, not curved.

That said, there are plenty of feminine-looking male skins around; (I use Barrus by Plastik) but a search for "femboy" skins will bring up lots of options. So if you don't mind a completely flat chest, and you don't mind changing your skin, it might be an option. You'll need to buy the separate Omega installer for V-Tech, and you'll need to look for Omega-compatible skins. You won't be able to wear Kemono-only skins with it.

One other thing to note is that while the V-Tech mod itself is completely flat and does not respond to breast size sliders, the Maitreya clothes you wear over it WILL respond to those sliders. You'll need to keep your shape's breast size at around 18 to 20 to maintain a flat profile; if you go lower than that, the clothing will start to deform inwards.

Most ordinary Maitreya clothing will work with the V-Tech, though it's sometimes necessary to use the V-Tech alpa cuts. You're not restricted to V-tech-only clothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
7 hours ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Thats really a pain...
47 is the lowest value i can go. Would like to be able to use 35-40, without looking like i got huge flat pancakes.
As much as i like that body, its really not made for smaller boobs...

That's more an issue of the skins being over-shaded around the breasts.  On the rare occasion I have breasts, I go to size 35, and I find it works best with older skins in pale tones (using Bakes on Mesh) where the shading around the breasts is less pronounced. With the right skin, there's no obvious deformation of the breasts at smaller sizes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

That's more an issue of the skins being over-shaded around the breasts.  On the rare occasion I have breasts, I go to size 35, and I find it works best with older skins in pale tones (using Bakes on Mesh) where the shading around the breasts is less pronounced. With the right skin, there's no obvious deformation of the breasts at smaller sizes.

I did stick to the original maitreya skin for 2 years and switched to one offered by GA.EG to get a better neck seam, and now im using another one what i really like except of the pancake appearance. So, it never was close to what i had in mind.

Would be lovely, if you could recommend me some of those skins. Or at least one of them, maybe? :)
Just need the name, and will figure out by myself if it works with Maitreya and my GAEG head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The ones I use all come from the pack of group gifts from WoW skins, though I can't remember offhand which specific ones I'm using. There's a hefty fee to join the group and not all of them have appliers so you will need to use Bakes on Mesh to make use of them all. Still, if the gift skins work, I expect the ones purchased in store will too. I find that the lightest tone (Milk) works best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

The V-Tech mod is only suitable for using with male skins, or unisex skins with no breast shading. It cannot make "small boobs", only "no boobs at all".  You won't be able to use a female skin with it, because it's mapped for the male shape which means the nipples are in a different place, and the lower edge of where the breasts would be is straight, not curved.

i use a Pink Fuel skin on my Maitreya and V-Tech. Pink Fuel for the V-Tech has a nipple and no nipple skin option.  With the no nipple option then we can get V-Tech mesh nipples add-ons from other vendors which come in low position for boys and high position for girls

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i use a Pink Fuel skin on my Maitreya and V-Tech. Pink Fuel for the V-Tech has a nipple and no nipple skin option.  With the no nipple option then we can get V-Tech mesh nipples add-ons from other vendors which come in low position for boys and high position for girls

That would work really well I think. I sense a shopping trip to Pink Fuel in my near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...