What favorite food and or beverage do you enjoy while logged into second life

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tea throughout the day. It can be a simple cup of tetley brand tea or apple and cinnamon. Pumpkin spice during Autumn. Maybe three cups per day. Between those cups of tea I have a lot of water or vegetable juice.  Food wise it depends on the time of day. Morning oatmeal, toast or bowl of fruit. Afternoon usually a cup of soup and crackers. Dinner varies. If I'm snacking though every now and again it is popcorn or pretzels. I also love gold fish cheddar crackers.

I have a really tiny appetite so eat several small meals throughout the day.

• Like 1

here is the healthy  fruit  and can have any time ,,,, melt dark chocolate or milk chocolate or a bit of both ,,,,, get your fav fruit ,,, mellon  any berries    pears  peaches , apples bannas  pineapple  any fruit   ,,, and  dip into chocolate ,,,, and enjoy w tea or coffee ,,,, the fruit  is healthy and chocolate  is healthy and when you combine the two great way to boost up your system...   And it gets rid of cravings for junk and fill you up and no crumbs on the keyboard ,,,, 

sometimes for extra natural peanut  or almond butter to go with ,,,, the vitimans and necessary fats in peanut or almond butter with the fruit and chocolate ,,,,  or walnuts in the chocolate with the fruit ,,, all very good for you and will not make you fat ,,,,,

for family gatherings i melt the chocolate  in glass pan  then i top it with the fruit and then another thin layer of the chocolate and sprinkly with fresh coconut or mashed up special k cerial  and serve with a side of natural almond or peanut butter ,,,,,  i have also added tiny marshmallows , and crumbled the mint chocolate mixed w the special k and omg soo goood . 

the adult verson not for kids ,,, afterlayering the fruit pour kahluha  or baileys  irish cream over the fruit ,,, up to you how much  lolol and then do the next layer w chocolate and then any of the toppings ,,,,, great for holidays  enjoy ,,,, hugs hugs hugs and it can be frozen to enjoy later  

• Like 1

Comes down to one fundamental question for me. "Am I performing a set later today?"

If no: Coffee or tea through the day, whisky in the evening. Whatever I feel like prepping or cooking for food. The limits on "prepared food" in my house stop at smoked and cured meats, butter and cheeses. Pretty much everything else I prep from raw ingredients. (Guilty once-in-a-while pleasure is a bag of doughnuts from the bakery down the street. The baker and I are buddies, we talk about our sourdough cultures a lot ;)  )

If yes: Eat nothing heavier than a sandwich for the three hours before the set. A full belly really does horrible things to your ability to sustain vocal tone. Coffee and tea as usual, but no tea during the set - that can "tighten up the pipes" too.The whisky bottle stays capped until after.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ThorinII said:

I don't know about the "makes you fat" part - but I don't eat in front of the computer either because I'm not motivated enough to clean my keyboard every other day, so I eat any snacks whenever I'm AFK and in the kitchen anyway.

Actually, I'm often AFK, like every 45-50 minutes or so, in order to avoid RSI: I stand up from the computer, stretch, flex my wrists, then I smoke a cigarette on the kitchen balcony, have something to drink, and/or some chocolate or cookies in the kitchen, then I return :)

I was in the same place until recently.  I quit smoking in RL (going on three months now!)  I never smoked at my computer (messes with the electronics) but I do vape.  Gradually cutting down the nicotine level with an eye to eventually quitting that, too.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I quit smoking in RL (going on three months now!) 

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

I started smoking when I was 10, averaged a pack a day for about 35 years before I finally quit many years ago when I got a cancer scare.  It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but also probably the most beneficial, health-wise.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I was in the same place until recently.  I quit smoking in RL (going on three months now!)  I never smoked at my computer (messes with the electronics) but I do vape.  Gradually cutting down the nicotine level with an eye to eventually quitting that, too.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!

I started smoking when I was 10, averaged a pack a day for about 35 years before I finally quit many years ago when I got a cancer scare.  It was definitely the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but also probably the most beneficial, health-wise.

Congratulations from me, as well. 👍

As for me, I started smoking with 18, back then in 1986, and had managed to quit quite a dozen times (the longest time without was from Feb '93 to May '02, the shortest time was through August '11) -- but whenever I did quit, I did so completely, from 25 cigarettes (in average) per day down to zero: out of a whim, from one moment to the next.

But then there always was the "stress cigarette" (which I felt I needed during or after a stressful situation) which triggered my addiction again...😔

Anyway, since I got my new apartment in '16, I've kept it smoke-free, by smoking on my balcony only -- no matter the weather outside: I simply don't want my nice apartment to smell like an ashtray.  🙂

• Like 3

I gave up 3 years ago. Before that, I was smoking 40 a day, at least.

Didn't think I could quit, but I started thinking about folk willingly dying of cancer so they could buy some tobacco company rep's son his first sports car, and that helped.

They cost so much, I've saved a fortune. Also - I don't stink anymore (I can smell a smoker now as soon as they walk into a building), have less congestion/sinus problems, get fewer headaches, bounce back from colds/flu quicker, etc.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I love veggies and fruits and nuts..

Cut up peppers,carrots or mini carrots,fresh green beans,peas in the husk,celery,cucumber.. Just about anything that holds a lot of water when biting into it.

Just about any fruit that isn't too complicated or messy..pomegranates I love, but they are just too messy even when you prep them and put them in a bowl..it's like they just can't wait to fall on the floor from a spoon.. hehehe

All I really drink is tea and water or fresh juice..

On 10/15/2019 at 3:38 PM, roseelvira said:

I am amazed  and thankful to SL for all the wonderful things and ability to reach  out to others in so many different places all over the world. That being said  at least for me as i am building ...in rl my favorite beverage  is coffee or a mocha latte . For food prefer fruit if i am in world during lunch . How about you 

If I'm on right after work, beer.  In the morning, coffee.  If I wait a bit after work of in the evenings on weekends, rum and diet, although usually I don't drink anything then.  If it's steak night (Sat or Sun) red wine with a cigar.

I seldom eat while on SL, since I'm usually on my couch or recliner and I don't keep snacks in the house.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.