So I purchased some fashion templates on the market place...NOW WHAT?

Thalia Avora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! So my question is after I purchased some clothing .tga and  .psd templates/files on the market place...how do I get them open up in the free gimp program?? The items are sent directly to second life. Any advice would help. Thank you for taking your time to read this.

It sounds like you got some full perm clothing.

not sure whether it’s a mesh template or an applier template.

Anyway, open the folder. Open your diffuse texture, uv, ao if it has it and speculation maps. Or which ever the creator included. At minimum it’s going to be a uv and an ao. If it’s full perm you want to save those textures to your HD. You can choose .psd or .tga when you save it to SL. 

once you’ve saved it to your HD, you should be able to open the file in your favorite graphics program, no problem.

thank you! well i was working on a binki template and i was able to convert it into the  color and pattern that i liked...but how do i upload it to second life platform as a top to wear? i had uploaded the file as an image... as a .tga file... but then in my inventory it pop up as an image rather than a top that i can wear..hopefully you understand what im trying to ask..thank you again for reading

Toxxic Rhiannyr has a Youtube channel entirely dedicated to working with templates.....

Templates Part 01

btw this is just the first video, there is an entire series covering the process from buying a template to finished product and more, you should easily navigate to the part you need help with...beginners friendly

Hope this helps and good luck:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.