Are you afraid to move from your new home?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/18/2019 at 7:28 PM, karynmaria said:

This is how I feel about my houseboat on my main.  I got a lovely location in Pearlcoast when they released that one, I was trying for a house and clicked houseboat instead.  First time I ever caught anything during these smaller releases.  I wasn't going to keep it but found it was the houseboat I had actually looked at that day when I was looking around the region (thinking to myself, if I had to get a HB I would want this one) . 

I used to visit Pearlcoast before it was named and had landscaping. This was my dream spot for houseboats. Congratulations. ❤️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am afraid to move now. I don't want to move for the first time... ever! Actually I'm afraid when I open the Land tab I may accidentally press the abandon button after house hunting so long. There needs to be a way to double-lock it down. Don't just ask once if I'm sure, ask me several times. Better yet shake the screen with an alert sound like a region restart. Even then I'll probably still worry... 🤔

• Like 8

8 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I am afraid to move now. I don't want to move for the first time... ever! Actually I'm afraid when I open the Land tab I may accidentally press the abandon button after house hunting so long. There needs to be a way to double-lock it down. Don't just ask once if I'm sure, ask me several times. Better yet shake the screen with an alert sound like a region restart. Even then I'll probably still worry... 🤔

Actually I believe it doesn't allow you to abandon until you've cleared all your stuff off first.  I remember searching below and way above my parcels for a cube or something that ended up way up in the sky because I typo'd then forgot.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Knutz Scorpio said:

Actually I believe it doesn't allow you to abandon until you've cleared all your stuff off first.  I remember searching below and way above my parcels for a cube or something that ended up way up in the sky because I typo'd then forgot.

You can abandon with it fully decorated. I always do it that way so I get things back in a big clump that I can rez out together another time because I'm too lazy to redecorate! I agree a super-duper sized confirmation would be nice to assure no accidentals

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Morena Tully said:

You can abandon with it fully decorated. I always do it that way so I get things back in a big clump that I can rez out together another time because I'm too lazy to redecorate! I agree a super-duper sized confirmation would be nice to assure no accidentals

Maybe I remembered the details wrong but I'm certain that you get a popup when trying to abandon land with your stuff still on it, so it'll take more then a single mis-click to accidentally abandon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Knutz Scorpio said:

Maybe I remembered the details wrong but I'm certain that you get a popup when trying to abandon land with your stuff still on it, so it'll take more then a single mis-click to accidentally abandon.

Oh yes, always a popup even if it's empty, asking to confirm. No one click abandons ever, but sometimes we're distracted and just want to clear a popup off our screen, like when we delete something, or confirm a TP, it's just a habit, not even looking at what it says. It's good there's at least that, though.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

This is one of my fears too.  I've fought too hard for my houseboat to give it up now, especially with the current housing crisis.  Strange things happen when you're in a sleep-deprived state and you'll hit the wrong button without realizing it. (Don't ask me how I ended up with some weird dance purchase.)

As for the "lock down", you can use an alt as a workaround to prevent losing it.  Have them catch the LH and never log in on that account again.  Only they have the ability to abandon as landowners, so that button will be greyed out on your main and other alts.  I wish I'd thought of that first before grabbing one on my main.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@RaeLeeH, yeah it's a heart attack knowing that if you accidentally screwed up and press the abandon button and that's it, the house will be gone within minute/second before u even have a chance to appeal back

at the moment i don't think there's any safe guard other than to be careful when you are on the [about land] page

Edited by sceneris
  • Like 2

On 10/22/2019 at 2:43 AM, RaeLeeH said:

I wish it would say "Are you Sure you want to abandon?"......that would be great....I was super afraid of clicking it accidently too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, RacyAcey said:

I wish it would say "Are you Sure you want to abandon?"......that would be great....I was super afraid of clicking it accidently too.

I do not open the landpage a lot. First time I move in to set the land to my family group and restrict sound to parcel.

Then only much later to look how many prims I've used - involves no clicking!

I feel I've never have been in danger of abandoning by mistake ... maybe because I do it a lot on purpose! ;)

PLUS ... that really is an advantage if you alt owns the home ... no accidental release! ... never thought of that! 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

I have a house along the beach in Fangor,and my alt has a canal/ bridges view in Sweetmarsh. Incredible luck to have gotten such perfect-for-me sports. I had steeled myself to let go of Sweetmarsh and try for a camper. I couldnt do it. Both spots I'm at home in, I knew when I landed there they were joyful spots for me. So I wouldn't say fear is a factor, and maybe it isnt rational to say I'm attached,  but I am:)

• Like 5

well i did it ,,,, empied out my house boat  checked for missing items and hit the button ,,,, it was a relief ,,,, i went to the page ,, and another boat came up probably mine lol but was gone so as i expected back to first generation home. Funny because when i tp to it there was NO home seriously   i had to go to the tab for my mainland and some kind of glitch ,,,, but i had that home before in the older generation so i have to wonder about the random thing..... but it is ok ,,,,, it did hurt a bit leaving but i needed to do it . And no not going to play the catch and release game.   Since i am now back in older generation  area i will prob try for better location  , I the upside is in  house boat spent a lot of money  but here  its a saving lololol so there is alway a upside i  

Things are rezzing no problem no lag  just less prims.  

I can say   now that the patch has been ripped off  its not that bad. So do not be afraid to give it up ,,,, new beginnings new travels ,,,, 

• Like 3

On 10/22/2019 at 6:09 PM, Morena Tully said:

This.... I never pick up.... I clear out my lost and found folder and just abandon.... usually you get either one or two items with all your stuff in it. When you get a new place you rez a box first and with the edit window open rez the item from your lost and found carefully position the entire lot at once. Fully decorated it minutes......

7 hours ago, AveryWitt said:

This.... I never pick up.... I clear out my lost and found folder and just abandon.... usually you get either one or two items with all your stuff in it. When you get a new place you rez a box first and with the edit window open rez the item from your lost and found carefully position the entire lot at once. Fully decorated it minutes.

i tried this and thank goodness it was stuff that was copy  and it ended  up in a cube that will not rez so depending on items and glad i did not inclued no copy so  please i know this works for some but not every one    ..  this for all the  time i have been in sl have tried and never works   i have a ton of cubes that refuse to rez ,,,,, but thanks for the  heads up and glad it works for you ,

Well i am in the older generation  place and tried a few time today moved about and just keep getting the older generation which is what i assumed would happen. But the upside is no lad and inventory i though was lost or gone everything is back ,,,, so ,,,, i am making  a few copies of every thing  and amazed . The thing i really miss about the boat is the bigger prim allotment .But its ok to take a chance and  this is giving me time to get inventory organized and crated .  I know sooner or later a  house boat or camper or who knows maybe one of the new christmas rollouts   . IN the mean time keep posting  and even with the  older homes there are amazing things you can do and i am enjoying  moving about . rememer nothing ventured nothing gained 

1 hour ago, roseelvira said:

i tried this and thank goodness it was stuff that was copy  and it ended  up in a cube that will not rez so depending on items and glad i did not inclued no copy so  please i know this works for some but not every one    ..  this for all the  time i have been in sl have tried and never works   i have a ton of cubes that refuse to rez ,,,,, but thanks for the  heads up and glad it works for you ,

Go to one of the Premium sandboxes and rez it there. 

The difficult part of a coalesced set is that if it is not placed just right on your parcel, it might not rez because the main object or too many of the items are overflowing outside of your parcel.  There is also the issue of possibly exceeding LI when you try to rez a combo object.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I never had an actual fear of moving with the Bellisseria homes. It is more of an anxiety because my husband and I both know how very blessed we are to have the traditional home and caravan. After a lot of discussion though, we are going to let the caravan go on my alt and try for a second traditional home because more land impact space is essential. The caravan parcels are too small for our needs.

We want a play area/school room for our girls and another traditional house would let us do that. That will be so nice when my sisters bring over my nephews and nieces. I've had to put my anxiety aside and look at the situation with optimistism and patience. It may take us time to get another traditional home, but it will happen. 

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 4

I had to decide to stop being attached .Its like painting ( i do that to)  There is alway  should i do one more stroke of the brush or in playing piano any keyboards did i pratice enogh or what if i add  just this note ....  or baking  cooking , hum just a pinch more or a spice  or building in sl  if i do it this way or that  any type of thing you create you do get a bit of an attachment  becasue you want to do your best. I now look at what ever home in sl is like a canvas  what beauty will come of this to bring others joy .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, roseelvira said:

I had to decide to stop being attached .Its like painting ( i do that to)  There is alway  should i do one more stroke of the brush or in playing piano any keyboards did i pratice enogh or what if i add  just this note ....  or baking  cooking , hum just a pinch more or a spice  or building in sl  if i do it this way or that  any type of thing you create you do get a bit of an attachment  becasue you want to do your best. I now look at what ever home in sl is like a canvas  what beauty will come of this to bring others joy .

Good for you!!! I'm sure you'll get an amazing spot, it gets easier as days go by

• Like 1

My other avatar has a Meadowbrook Plumtree.  It's a decent location and works well for a photo studio, but is smaller than what I would like to play with for decorating.  A Belliseria style home would be ideal for what I would love to work with.  The houseboats are appealing, because access to water, but still limited with the direction I want to go.

Edited by TealRenegade
  • Like 3

On 10/26/2019 at 12:27 PM, AveryWitt said:

This.... I never pick up.... I clear out my lost and found folder and just abandon.... usually you get either one or two items with all your stuff in it. When you get a new place you rez a box first and with the edit window open rez the item from your lost and found carefully position the entire lot at once. Fully decorated it minutes......

I did that once....and lost about 3 or 4 of my no copy items....so I will not do that again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1631 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.