Are you afraid to move from your new home?

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think, for me, it would totally depend upon how much I hated my current location and how much time I had to do the refresh game, whether automated or manually, and what times I could do those refreshes. 

Given that almost all of the single region releases happen while I'm working, that reduces my chances of catching something during a release to almost zilch, unless I just happen to be off work that day or possibly working from home.  That leaves me with a few hours each evening and the weekends, both of which are times when (these days, at least), I tend to be bouncing away from the computer off & on, doing misc RL stuff.  That reduces my odds of getting anything during most of those windows.

So for me, I don't have a lot of times for playing refresh nor are the odds great for me during those times.  In my case, I still have another Premium account that can do the trying so I don't actually have to give up my current location.  However, if I didn't have another Premium account, I'd only abandon the current one if I really hated it - if it contributed to making SL no fun for me.  Homeless isn't horrid, there are plenty of places that I can find to set Home to and most of them also allow rezzing.

^ Exactly this.

I used to have more time to play the refresh game and was catching more when I was, but these days when I do try I'm seeing so little (with the exception of that one house in Shanty I think it was that I caught four times in one day recently) that it's not even worth considering looking for another, much less something "better". The odds of catching that ideal spot is somewhere around the odds of slim-to-none.

So the short answer to the question would be a resounding yes.

• Like 2

I am addicted. But I bought 2 years premium for Marianne. The best house, the keeper, is on an alt. His premium runs out around Easter next year.

Ugh, I will not give up that house. If I dare, I could try to release it and sit ready to click. (So I could get the house on my account, not the alts) But the risk!! 😯

Maybe my main, Marianne get a better one. Not so likely. But it can happen. I am sure even locations in Light of Aurelia (the dream) can be abandoned due to RL economy or that people go back to bigger estates with lots of LI.

The release-and-try-again is best with minimum one alt.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

i am not totally thrilled with my location either. ive been undecided about releasing it and trying for a new location.  yesterday, i made up my mind and released the house.  for about 30 minutes, i tried to get another one, and guess what? when i did get another house, it was the same damn house i released. exact same location. i know this because of my neighbors. lol. so, i took it as a sign that this is where i am supposed to stay, for now anyway. now i am decorating again.

when i had the older generation home that would happen alot.  Feeling your pain!!!! Hugs hugs hugs

• Like 1

It took me so long to get a houseboat (2 months), and it's on my alt account, that I'd be reluctant to ever give it up. It's in Walrus Beach. I got it during the region release. It's a pretty good location. Nobody's ever around. It's quite peaceful. I've been out of the competition for awhile. Frankly, it's a relief to not be searching for the perfect spot. I didn't even try for a camper, as cute as I think those are. Follow your heart, Rose. Big huggggssss

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I think when more homes are available, it won't be so scary to let go. Right now, they are SO scarce, and sitting on the land page hitting F5 becomes mind numbing.

I don't use F5 much. I have autorefresh, randon interval between 40 and 120 seconds. And do something else. Yes, many times it's too late when I click. I only use F5 when someone post in "going back in the pool" thread. Or if they post in the other thread "region ... released now!"

Autorefresh catch one of 10, it alerts me about, if I shall say it roughly. I am lucky to have a good vision and fast fingers.

Some days it plays the tune often, some days not.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

It took me so long to get a houseboat (2 months), and it's on my alt account, that I'd be reluctant to ever give it up. It's in Walrus Beach.

I had absolute fail at first. It's only this last week that I decided to try again after stating I think on this very forum that I feared I'd never get in, that I have found it's now pretty easy to work it.

They are basically bringing 1-2 sims of houses live every other weekday. 3-6 sims a week.

Supply is slowly catching up to demand. It's not there yet. But while months ago you had 1 in 100 odds or worse, now you've got 1 in 10 and improving by the day.

• Like 4

@roseelvira, I know the feeling, so I hope my experience helps. I left my first Linden home; wasn't quite happy with the are either, was going to be away for a couple of months, plus I wanted a camper. It's taken me weeks to get a new home, since I didn't have much time to be checking the releases. The new one is not in the ideal location, so I've come to the conclussion the ideal location is almost impossible to get. 

However, we used my husband's account for old homes, and after several changes, we ended up in an amazing Tahoe location, facing a little lake. There were not many neighbours around, and we worked in the house to make it pretty.

My point is: if you don't have much time, be prepared to wait for a while if you let your house go. And the new house might not be perfect. Also, if your partner, friend or alt owns a premium account, your chances improve

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3

I bought some mainland yesterday and decided to give up my amazing houseboat in Fourze under the lighthouse. I'm rarely there anymore, and I have a trailer as well that I love.

I emptied it out, packed everything up... and just couldn't do it. 

My finger was hovering over the abandon land button for the longest time. I have no reason to keep the houseboat. I'm not going to use it, or at least not very often. It's empty now and I'm not inclined to go put at the stuff back right now. 

But I cannot let it go. Sentimental reasons, I suppose. I got it in the first hour of the very first release. The location and positioning of it simply could not be more perfect. I discovered the magnificence that is @Quartz Mole when he came to remove the wayward script stuck in my walls. 

I should offer it up to some homeless person to squat in for a while so at least someone will be enjoying it. 

Boaty McBoatface lives on.

• Like 8

I am a bit stunned. After rereading this thread I gave up my ocean view older Linden home and managed to grab a camper this afternoon, but the poor thing had script problems. I left the tech peeps restarting the region for a second time and decided to try my luck elsewhere, thinking there might be some spare trads swept up in the abandon tide from this afternoon's release.
After a few goes on the refresher roundabout I snagged a houseboat, my own houseboat :) :) :)

In a lovely neighbourhood, with good sailing links, and a square footprint.

I have nervous twitches that my finger might slide and I'll accidentally abandon it.

@Beth Macbain it would be the end of an era if you left the Quartz Sea, I'm glad that BMcB lives on.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I bought some mainland yesterday and decided to give up my amazing houseboat in Fourze under the lighthouse. I'm rarely there anymore, and I have a trailer as well that I love.

My finger was hovering over the abandon land button for the longest time. I have no reason to keep the houseboat. I'm not going to use it, or at least not very often. It's empty now and I'm not inclined to go put at the stuff back right now. 

But I cannot let it go. Sentimental reasons, I suppose. I got it in the first hour of the very first release. The location and positioning of it simply could not be more perfect. I discovered the magnificence that is @Quartz Mole when he came to remove the wayward script stuck in my walls. 

I should offer it up to some homeless person to squat in for a while so at least someone will be enjoying it. 

This is how I feel about my houseboat on my main.  I got a lovely location in Pearlcoast when they released that one, I was trying for a house and clicked houseboat instead.  First time I ever caught anything during these smaller releases.  I wasn't going to keep it but found it was the houseboat I had actually looked at that day when I was looking around the region (thinking to myself, if I had to get a HB I would want this one) .  I didn't think HB's were for me, but the plot is in the green (even the sand below the boat has green in it)  and it faces the water and it is the rectangle one.  I don't think I could ever give this one up.  I would get rid of my house on my alt before I got rid of this one.

There is nothing wrong with sitting on it for awhile until you know for sure you want to get rid of it because once it is gone, it is gone and the chance of you getting it back is like zero.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

But I cannot let it go. Sentimental reasons, I suppose. I got it in the first hour of the very first release. The location and positioning of it simply could not be more perfect.

Opposite problem here. Since getting my houseboat my wonderful double prim mainland 'home' has been collecting pixel-dust... But it's on possible the best double prim spot one could get in mainland, and I've grown very fond of messing with my builds there and being 'A' land, getting up to things...

But the one thing it can't do is give me a houseboat on a themed sim with community and certain zoning rules...

I love that spot, but it's also kind of an SL 'isolation chamber'... Maybe I'll figure out a new non-house build for it eventually...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I took this from the deck of my houseboat the day I moved in.  I was just camming around, but when the sailboat wandered into frame and moored .... well....the place just said HOME in a big voice and I took the pic.  You can see Boaty McBoatface on the far right, a black dot above your boat.

660431998_GoinBellisticCottageArtistEasielPicture.png.055a6418260960bcf5047ac0e9fed542.png

Quartz Lake is the best launching point you could imagine for exploring Belli by boat. The Panamole canal,  the river down to the lodge at Campwich Forest, open sea beyond that to the Pickle, the northern twisty canal winding through regions until you emerge in Belli's mouth, the straight river going south to where (currently) the long run down to Jeogeot starts.

It's boating central.  The lake there is big enough to practice jibing to your heart's content.

I don't know that I could ever give up our Fourze boat, because there's this too... you don't have to have your draw distance set to 350 to see the lighthouse where we are.  It's fairly rare in Belli to have one just beyond your parcel.

1244814489_Houseboatmorning_001.thumb.pn

Think carefully.  Maybe do get that person who really really wants a boat to keep it warm for you.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I took this from the deck of my houseboat the day I moved in.  I was just camming around, but when the sailboat wandered into frame and moored .... well....the place just said HOME in a big voice and I took the pic.  You can see Boaty McBoatface on the far right, a black dot above your boat.

660431998_GoinBellisticCottageArtistEasielPicture.png.055a6418260960bcf5047ac0e9fed542.png

Quartz Lake is the best launching point you could imagine for exploring Belli by boat. The Panamole canal,  the river down to the lodge at Campwich Forest, open sea beyond that to the Pickle, the northern twisty canal winding through regions until you emerge in Belli's mouth, the straight river going south to where (currently) the long run down to Jeogeot starts.

It's boating central.  The lake there is big enough to practice jibing to your heart's content.

I don't know that I could ever give up our Fourze boat, because there's this too... you don't have to have your draw distance set to 350 to see the lighthouse where we are.  It's fairly rare in Belli to have one just beyond your parcel.

Think carefully.  Maybe do get that person who really really wants a boat to keep it warm for you.

Love those pics! And Fourze really is pretty special, isn't it? I won't be giving up my boat, even though it sits empty for the moment. I have a shiny new toy to play with right now,  and I'm already thinking of new ideas for decorating the boat when I'm ready. 

Thank you for pointing out all the beautiful things about this spot! I'm so happy I didn't let it go!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Love those pics! And Fourze really is pretty special, isn't it? I won't be giving up my boat, even though it sits empty for the moment. I have a shiny new toy to play with right now,  and I'm already thinking of new ideas for decorating the boat when I'm ready. 

Thank you for pointing out all the beautiful things about this spot! I'm so happy I didn't let it go!

Yay!  Fourze is VERY special.  And I am really REALLY happy that Boaty ... and you ....aren't going anywhere!

Can't wait to see what you do with your amazing boat when you come back to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Honestly there is nothing wrong with it sitting there empty and no where does it state that you have to spend all your time on your boat or even use it.  I also have homes on mainland so I spend time there too.  My LH are for just a place to go to get away from the chaos when I need to.  My LH have always been about that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

WoW @Nika Talaj, I'm truly scared of water, but with that view, I would definitely consider living in a HB. Never let it go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

i love this. its beautiful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.