How to disable internal animations

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I'm struggling to figure out how to turn off internal animations. I am not talking about gestures, as all of them have been disabled and deleted. I am also not talking about typing animations. What I am referring to is when speaking in public and say something such as "Knowledge" or "Gnome" or "Enough", my character's head shakes left and right. Second Life is reading the letters NO in each of those words and making me shake my head. If I type and enter Yes, I will nod up and down.

This is very off-putting because during roleplay my character just starts making animations even though I should just be standing there.

Any suggestions? I use Firestorm by the way.

3 minutes ago, Dabonan said:

Hello!

I'm struggling to figure out how to turn off internal animations. I am not talking about gestures, as all of them have been disabled and deleted. I am also not talking about typing animations. What I am referring to is when speaking in public and say something such as "Knowledge" or "Gnome" or "Enough", my character's head shakes left and right. Second Life is reading the letters NO in each of those words and making me shake my head. If I type and enter Yes, I will nod up and down.

This is very off-putting because during roleplay my character just starts making animations even though I should just be standing there.

Any suggestions? I use Firestorm by the way.

Sounds more like an active gesture, listening to every Yes and no you type in main chat, triggering a head shake/nodding animation.
Never saw something like this built in in Firestorm by default.

3 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Are you wearing an attachment causing it?  Sounds like back in the day when someone would pass you an attachment and they'd say "on" in local & you'd begin booty shaking with clips of an obnoxious song going 

I hoped, that plague was gone... :)

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dabonan said:

Just tried that, unfortunately to no success.

It has to be an attachment or a gesture, because you said, you nod while saying yes, and you shake your head while saying no. The standard typing animation will always end in a nodding, as far as i can remember!?
Switch to "worn" items in your inventory and check whats attached or activated. Have you done this already?

• Like 1

In keeping with Resi's train of thought- you might do one of two things- take off everything or start with nothing just a Ruth & one by one add-take off things and test by speaking in local.

Edit- your above post came up at the same time.  In all honesty it sounds like an attachment.   I'm sorry but I have no other ideas.  You have removed your AO?  You have disabled all gestures as well?

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

Hello . I have the same problem, I don't know how to solve it. I created the animation myself by QAvimator and uploaded it with Priority4, but when I played the animation Hands and heads move in accordance with the Defualt Animation provided with the Standard Avatar, with the head turning left, turning right all the time. On the other hand, I bought the animation in the market, it works very well, does not follow Defualt Animation, and I don't know how to make my own animations work like I bought. So now I give up and buy only Animation in the market, but some I bought are the same. Can anyone recommend a method for me?

OK! It was my Radar Hud. I used the developer menu and turned on Animation Info. I still wasn't getting anything in the Animation Explorer, but after typing in every word located specifically in Second Life's Internal Animation page, it finally popped up that avatar_no_head.bvh was playing in the SD Avatar Radar Hud 2.1. There is an Etc. button, which brought me to the menu for Body Exp, or Auto Body Expressions. This was on, causing it to play the Yes and No animations built into Second Life whenever I used it.

Thanks for the replies, all of you, I'm glad it was solved!

Edit - It was still weird that it was playing when I used the default bodies, but who cares, it's fixed!

Edited by Dabonan
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.