Jello Land

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was out flying around today, having managed to recover my Dire Wolf Mount RARE (after yet another big inventory loss), and I noticed that the Lindens have prepared giant blocks of lime jello for us. I love this plan, because it sounds economic and soothing. There's much to be said for it; as a Mole explained to me, when you need furniture, you just cut a block off, say, if someone visits. Of course, you'll eat your way through the walls, but I suggested that if the Moles delivered a sack of jello mix say once a month we could mix up new blocks.

Then I saw that some of the lime jello was spawning mobile homes, including mobile homes with a view on to the Dinky Houses.

The few times I've visited Bellissaria, I've felt like it wasn't the Mainland. It's like a cross between Linden zoned sims like Brown and private islands. What to call it? RefreshLand, since to get there, you have to refresh the page a zillion times. I've actually done this a few times myself -- you never know, it's like trying for a rare gatcha when you happen to go to a store on 50 Linden Friday. But as you can see from the skeletons in my Halloween installation, the story isn't so much that people die waiting for their homes, refreshing the pages into eternity; it's that they've stepped on the bones of other skeletons who did the same thing for aeons before them.

I wonder if it wouldn't be more humane simply to make a sign-up sheet. You file a ticket, as you did to transfer to Zindra (there you could pick several lots and hope to get one of them), and first come first served. Isn't it bad for your computer and the servers to keep refreshing pages? Doesn't it use more electricity? What would Greta say? How dare we?

But I imagine as my daughter's middle school teacher used to say about the mad dash to get into NYC high schools, "Every pot has a lid." So I imagine that sooner or later, everyone who wants a Linden home will get one, maybe in a year or so. And maybe this is the managed future, like "managed democracy" a la Surkov in Russia.

I will continue to like my Mainland crunchy and craggy and hopefully it will be left for those who want to keep digging there. Yet another tenant was complaining to me today about Hector Lake, where some of the residents have put up ban lines, which makes the channels to boat extremely narrow or impossible in places. It's really too bad that the Lindens didn't make the entire Lake "Linden Land" and not parcel it arbitrarily like that so that some people can play troll on your desire to boat across the water. It's crazy. 

I see there won't be that problem in Bella because, of course, the Lindens have parcelled it all out and not cut into any bodies of water in doing so. In the Sims Online, even in Free Sims Online as it is re-engineered today, the residents in one area make up neighbourhoods, elect a mayor, and then that mayor has some properties with super powers. It's too bad that there was never devised some system that would have public land with easements that some people could have the responsibility to clear grief prims from and such. But this of course cut into the extremist libertarianism (or communist collectivism, depending on how you see it) idea that people should be able to do whatever they want on their land -- and with such "individuality" thereby force everyone in a 4 sim range into their coerced collective farm -- unless they sold or fled or quit SL.

Remember King Kong in the water? I'm now looking at Nomad's Big Boy in the water in a similar place. Imagine. 15 years, and no progress has been made on water, on keeping it clear, on enabling people to boat on it or merely fly over it and also look out on it without seeing giant structures or ad boards. 

I was comparing the green dots on the immediate part of the mainland where I happened to be working with the Bella Ideal Lands. The green dots nearest to me were likely bots, as when I flew to them, they turned out to be a group of line-dancers with similar names, not talking at all, in some sort of Emporium that seemed to involve lucky this or fishing that or freebie the next thing. Meanwhile, in Bella, the people dancing on a deck seemed to be real -- for one, broken up into couples and not in a big clump line-dancing -- but I was bounced away by several security systems as I attempted to fly closer. Perhaps the "public" party venue itself was closed to outsiders. I wonder if they let non land-owners into their parties.

Bella.png

Mainland.png

Jello Land.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva

The jello spawns the mobiles, see.

There are a lot of natural formations and lakes or ponds around Bella, and you can be sure none of them will be despoiled because they haven't been parceled for private ownership. I guess the original Lindens did this on the legacy Mainland because they wanted to wrest every dollar out of every sim and not have to carry a load of land that wasn't  under tier. But the result -- abandoned land -- made them hold more land in the long run.

Mobile Spawn.jpg

Pristine Mountain.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva

Aww, Prok the Bella party you show on the map was mine. No security there, even rezzing for boats and for the fun of it.  You would have been more than welcome, it was advertised widely a few days before in the big sailing groups.

Me and the other cruise directors run them every Monday,  this week was an excursion to Bellisseria, we party anywhere that will let us after a cruise. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 1:05 PM, Aethelwine said:

Aww, Prok the Bella party you show on the map was mine. No security there, even rezzing for boats and for the fun of it.  You would have been more than welcome, it was advertised widely a few days before in the big sailing groups.

Me and the other cruise directors run them every Monday,  this week was an excursion to Bellisseria, we party anywhere that will let us after a cruise. 

Oh, that's nice to know, I guess it was a parcel that was near that location that bounced me, yet flying all around now, I don't see it. Well glad to hear your party is open.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1649 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.