SL official viewer crashing graphics but FS runs perfectly fine?

Aeval Fae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing/reporting this kind of thing. Whenever I even open the SL official viewer (not launching or logging in, mind you--just opening it), my screen goes all kinds of sideways--everything is suddenly green with red and yellow pixelation (typical of what I've seen in the past with a graphics card beginning to go). The odd thing is, however, that I can multibox Firestorm with at least 2 windows on ultra setting with no issue. I didn't notice this problem before the latest bug-ridden patch forced through from Windows 10. 

Has anyone else seen Win 10 not agreeing with the SL viewer of late? Or could there be another explanation? If the card(s) were going bad, wouldn't it also show up on FS?

I'm running an Omen gaming system with Intel Core i7  with Intel HD Graphics 630 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. 

Thanks for any insights. For the time being, I'm uninstalled the main SL viewer so I don't accidentally open it. But I generally like to have it to work with when I need to use the official viewer for estate management stuff. 

Edited by Aevalle Galicia

Apparently I got bitten by not having a clean install but re-installing the latest after taking the other one out worked! Thank you!  (Now I'm faced with the issue that I ordered a new gaming rig, thinking that this one was about to go belly up--but not a bad problem to have! :D )

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.