You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay so, I'm trying to make an Attached Object's Child Prim follow any avatar near me, its just a challenging thing to do and yet interesting.

so there is an object you wear it, and its root stays on attached position but its child prim follows nearby avatar Within Link Range.

It seems very simple at first but when you do you will see the rotation of your own avatar and then other factors orientations and stuff really messes up, I've tried to make it accurate but it turns out to be doing some weird movements, i think this issue has more to do with Maths and calculations than just scripting. 

Please try doing it and if you figure it out Help me too!

If your avatar is standing freely, this will be impossible to do accurately, because LSL can only get an approximation of the avatar's rotation.

Edit: Click here to see what it looks like when a prim tries to copy the rotation of an avatar. This inaccuracy will cause unfixable problems for any kind of rotational calculations.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

i could tell you how to do it, but I am not going too. As if you were by me inworld and you put your attached follower onto me, I would have to kill you. Because its really really annoying!

back in the day people used to make these things and put them onto others at the Welcome Areas (no rez zones). Like you be sitting and some person sits next to you and next thing is all kinds of stuff on your lap and head, and when you stand and move the person then turns their avatar follower on also and continues to be even more of a nuisance, which they think is hilarious!

so while is true that as a programming exercise these things are pretty interesting, I am not going to help anyone today, bring them back

this said, if you do work it out yourself then well done! buuut I will still kill you if you ever did put it on me :😺

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

But supposing the idea was to have rain in an RP sim but instead of flooding the whole place with rain particles you just put a cloud over each player ? (@)

yes thats a legit thing to do. A it requires parcel rez permission which is in the gift of the parcel owner to give

what OP is asking for is a wearable attachment that will allow them to rain on somebody else, permission or not

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 543 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.