Is there, like a "Mainland Lovers" of sorts SL group in -world?

Therese Tammas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

38 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

Whether you wish to admit to this or not, the board on the small one was not on your land, nor was it encroaching since I checked it to make sure it wasn't on my land when I originally seen it.

Prok could return it, if it wasn't encroaching. This is a fact.

2 hours ago, missyrideout said:

OK. I should have been more pointed in my comment. What I REALLY meant was  @Therese Tammas you seem like such a positive person excited to share your love for the mainland--that's awesome! Any regrets about hitching your wagon to this particular star? Hello? 

Therese is a big girl and she can do what she likes. She hasn't "hitched any wagons" here at all as she is surely an independent force, but merely suggested a group which I made and made her a co-owner of and bought a 1024 parcel of land to put the group on. I trust her enough to give her the right to sell land out from under me because she's clearly a good person, has accomplished many good things, and is a positive and light presence. If she doesn't feel like working with me for any reason or no reason, there's no tears, she just does her thing and I do my thing -- she has good sites and groups and I feel I do, and I'm happy to cooperate with anyone who loves the Mainland as I do. But so far I have found her a most congenial and helpful person on the cause of the Mainland.

I don't have to agree with a group's politics or plans or aesthetics to have cooperation. I might draw the line on things like a group charter that calls for male castration (ouch!) or groups that ban me for reasons they never explain (but may have to do with my objection of their deployment of "good neighbour" obelisks blotting the view on hundreds of sims). But whatever, if they do good work, they don't need me and visa versa.

I don't agree with Therese on certain aesthetic issues or issues of tactics on some things but it doesn't matter. I think what's important is not that everybody join in one united group that has rigid party discipline like the Comintern, but that "a thousand flowers bloom, a thousand schools of thought contend," as Mao said, who didn't really mean it at all as he killed people who thought differently.

Fortunately in a virtual world, you can't kill people, and even if you steal their land, you haven't deprived them of actual shelter or food. I don't say SL is a game, because it isn't, it's a prototype of the Metaverse, and therefore the laws, rules, norms, cultural traditions etc that are established in it do matter, and matter greatly, as the virtual increasingly affects the real. Who would have dreamed even 15 years ago that something called the Internet would be exploited by the Kremlin to interfere in our elections? But those of us paying attention not only to Russia, and not only to the Internet, but Second Life, could have foreseen the ways and means by which such things come about.

A big problem with the forums is that people like you use avatars with no picture, no picks, and only two generic groups on an account only about a year old, so it's impossible to tell if you are someone who has been in SL for a long time, or someone who owns property on the Mainland, or someone who has really thought and lived these issues. If you are, then you don't have the courage to come on your main to a discussion like this and state your authentic thoughts tied to your reputation.

I do.

44 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Prok could return it, if it wasn't encroaching. This is a fact.

No, you can't return prims unless they are encroaching. I invite you to one of your rare log-ins to SL so you can test and be convinced of this fact. Try it 100 times on any billboard, this one, or any one. Perhaps one out of those 100 times you'll return it. The rest of the time, you get this: "The system...."

3 hours ago, Dorie Bernstein said:

The first picture in Prok's post proving the hub is in an entirely different region on an entirely different branch of the line. Here is that actual hub's SLURL: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Xanthorhoe/46/48/51

For more details on this hub, go to this SLRR spreadsheet maintained by DeNasty Tigerpaw. Look on the North Coast tab, and "Saintly" Railway Company for full information on the hub: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1irvSYj-YyKnLQbsi9FvBirmBFnDLegH-Hq26sH6DvsI/edit?usp=sharing

And? So what? For the 7th time, it doesn't matter if this hub is on an entirely different region or "entirely different branch of the line," both of which are IRRELEVANT to the LARGER ISSUE (I know it's flying over your head) of THEIR AFFILIATION.

THEY ARE AFFILIATED.

THEY ARE BOTH GTFO

THEY BOTH HAVE GIANT GTFO BILLBOARDS ON THEIR PARCELS.

That has always been the point, and remains the opint despite the numerous distractions here.

To refresh your memory, Firelyte (your main? Your friend?) that this microparcel owner was "unrelated". But it's not. It has a GTFO sign on it, for Christ's sake. And if that were not enough (one could explain it as a "random purchased ad" ROFL), you can look up the owner, go to their headquarters, and find they are a GTFO hub selling GTFO kits. That this is on another sim is BESIDE THE POINT. The POINT is that they are AFFILIATED which suggestions collusion, and if not collusion, simply violation of the ad farm policy, and if not violation of the ad farm policy, the encroachment of a grid-wide project on other people's land, both literally and figuratively by their overbearing presence and their lack of good neighbourliness and even inability to tell simple truths about what they are.

I don't name specific companies, but the information is easily obtained. This company bought land that became available because an abandoned land parcel purchased by GTFO was cut off and sold to them.

I notice we never got an answer to Qie's simple question. Did you or did you not cut off a small parcel and put it to sale either directly, or on the open market, where it was purchased by a GTFO affiliate?

That act is wrong, and is also illegal. If this is "accidental" or "random" we all find it hard to believe when BOTH owners are related to GTFO; one a manager, the other an affiliate.

The harp on and on that this "affiliate" is "on another sim" is to constantly distract from the very relevant point that they are RELATED.

What is this about again? A company whose practices I criticized bought land right next to me, cut off part of their parcel and sold it to an ad farm, and proceded to put up too giant billboards in my face, and the face of my tenants.

Was this planned and deliberate? I suggest it was, and I suggest that denials of this don't hold water because other denials here -- that this group is "unrelated" (clearly it is); that this group is "on another sim" (it doesn't matter, it's ad farm is on THIS sim in question) etc just don't bear scrutiny.

If it is NOT deliberate and somehow "random," hmmm, how is it that GTFO, who recognized this was my rental, and even wanted to return a boardwalk they said encroached, but didn't, came to put up two giant billboards in a middle of a sim where nobody but me and my tenants can see them? Not roadside. In the middle of a sim.

If GTFO didn't cut off the parcel for the ad farm, who did? Jesus? Mary? Joseph? The purchaser of the abandoned land did this, and that's a record that the Lindens can confirm, even if the rest of us are subjected to a barrage of contradictory statements.

If GTFO never cut off this ad parcel (really, guys?) and it was merely "sold on the open market" how is it that a GTFO affiliate was instantly able to buy it and come and put up ANOTHER GTFO billboard?

These things don't happen in Nature.

In any event, you don't need to hear it from me. You can go inworld and observe this situation. And while you think it merely is my problem or my fault, when it comes to your sim, remember this conversation. Because it will.

Edited by Prokofy Neva

29 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

No, you can't return prims unless they are encroaching. I invite you to one of your rare log-ins to SL so you can test and be convinced of this fact. Try it 100 times on any billboard, this one, or any one. Perhaps one out of those 100 times you'll return it. The rest of the time, you get this: "The system...."

I meant "couldn't", sorry!

• Like 3

Prok, I just don't share your worldview. I'm associated with GTFO. A good friend of mine is on their ops team. That friend is friends with Vega. And quite frankly, land purchases, land decisions, game mechanics, etc. have never been skewed in a way to overtly or covertly frustrate your plans for the grid's future. Some hub owners are just playing the game. Some landowners are more invested in the game. This is not a corporation by any stretch of the imagination. The name of the game is even tongue-in-cheek, playing with the more common meaning of the abbreviation. The game is merely another way to interact and explore in SL. There were warehouses, steel, and concrete before GTFO came along. Much of the concrete in SL isn't even affiliated with GTFO. There is a community aspect to GTFO, and some of those playing developed new frindships. And in none of this, have you been mentioned as a target for anything. I doubt you were mentioned much at all before this thread blew up. There is no conspiracy. 

A lot of us on the mainland don't have any desire to be on the manicured sims you so highly praise. We enjoy the free-form nature of the mainland. Communities form, grow, fade as they do even in meatspace. I just can't understand why you are unwilling to have a more flexible view of things. There are plenty of highly structured regions out there. Those folks are happy with their choices. Why try to push the free-form areas into conforming with the manicured planned gated communities? 15 years of fighting against those of us embracing the fluid nature of SL hasn't taught you that we aren't eager to fall in line? Control your own land and ignore the rest of us. We're just as happy to remain in control of our lands without your persistent brow-beating.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dorie Bernstein said:

Prok, I just don't share your worldview. I'm associated with GTFO. A good friend of mine is on their ops team. That friend is friends with Vega. And quite frankly, land purchases, land decisions, game mechanics, etc. have never been skewed in a way to overtly or covertly frustrate your plans for the grid's future. Some hub owners are just playing the game. Some landowners are more invested in the game. This is not a corporation by any stretch of the imagination. The name of the game is even tongue-in-cheek, playing with the more common meaning of the abbreviation. The game is merely another way to interact and explore in SL. There were warehouses, steel, and concrete before GTFO came along. Much of the concrete in SL isn't even affiliated with GTFO. There is a community aspect to GTFO, and some of those playing developed new frindships. And in none of this, have you been mentioned as a target for anything. I doubt you were mentioned much at all before this thread blew up. There is no conspiracy. 

A lot of us on the mainland don't have any desire to be on the manicured sims you so highly praise. We enjoy the free-form nature of the mainland. Communities form, grow, fade as they do even in meatspace. I just can't understand why you are unwilling to have a more flexible view of things. There are plenty of highly structured regions out there. Those folks are happy with their choices. Why try to push the free-form areas into conforming with the manicured planned gated communities? 15 years of fighting against those of us embracing the fluid nature of SL hasn't taught you that we aren't eager to fall in line? Control your own land and ignore the rest of us. We're just as happy to remain in control of our lands without your persistent brow-beating.

GTFO is a corporation, even if not legally registered in real life, which has grand expansion plans as we have been told by their aggressive representative here.

It's not about me; I've merely stood up and objected to their increasing encroachment, and I'm hardly the only one to have these thoughts or to be dismayed at their increasing blighting of the view. One lot on a sim, one lot on every 10 sims, it doesn't seem so bad especially when it gives people "things to do" but when you start seeing it EVERYWHERE it becomes a problem.

When this aggressive representative who is so thin-skinned she can't take the slightest accurate comment about it (that many are warehouses; that they blight the view especially by pretty lakes and fields), and begins a hostile barrage of propaganda about, it is simply necessary to keep presenting the facts -- photos, reports from inworld, corroboration from others.

That's what you do when corporations began to encroach.

There were never networked warehouses before GTFO, that put their logo on the map on every other sim, that built similar warehouses everywhere. No. There weren't. Not even when there was "Heavy Industries". This is bigger, and has plans to grow even more enormous.

Yammering on about how there are other warehouses, or they aren't affiliated with GTFO, or GTFO lets their users do WTF they want only distracts from the point: they are encroaching. On the view of the map. On the view of lakes and fields. And literally on my land.

Their billboards -- which are entirely unnecessary when most people come to their game through search, the map, or word of mouth -- are a particular eyesore.  Indeed, whenever I suggest THE LINDENS become the SOLE managers of a advertising network with billboards and posters roadside and at infohubs, as a source of sink or income, because I think they can do this tastefully with an eye to appropriateness of location roadside, there is hollering and screaming and gnashing of teeth here that billboards ruin the view.

Funny that giant ugly GTFO billboards suddenly don't ruin that same view, eh?

Now I have TWO of them in the middle of a sim -- which is two too many. It's not about manicures. In real life, even if I live in gritty downtown Manhattan or Brooklyn surrounded by warehouses, which I have done in reality, I don't have two billboards looming up at my windows. 

This imagined royal "we" that you speak of and this "view from nowhere" you invoke are simply a sham. There isn't some mass lobby of people who love big billboards and concrete warehouses. And railroads and driverless cars. This is a tiny subset of urban fanboyz on the forums. You don't speak for all users and there isn't some silly notion that I'm demanding people fall in line. I'm criticizing a group that blights the view and hogs the ad space and I will go on doing so until they cease and desist. I'd do it in real life; virtual life is no different.

And once again, the very, very real issue here is that this group requested abandoned land, then cut off a piece and sold it. How do we know that? Because abandoned land of that size would not be sold to someone who didn't ask for it next to their own land or on the same sim. The Lindens don't sell ad farms of this size unless you can show that it is for prims or to be merged with your adjacent land. That has been their policy for as long as I've dealt with them on abandoned land; if they've changed that, they haven't publicized it. They don't put these nuances in stone. But Qie and others who understand about the history of ad farms and abandoned land know that they wouldn't sell 112 m to be used for billboards.

Since I've been next to those parcels for literally 15 years, I know exactly what went on there. So it will go on being abuse reported.

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Haha 1

I couldn't begin to care less if your view is blighted. Your neighbors are  not obliged to please your aesthetic desires. If a neighbor wishes to build a warehouse to stack freight containers, hold a dance, or throw up some monstrous skull, that is their right. They are not breaking the covenant, no matter how hard you dislike their builds. I've traveled the rails and have seen so much. There's change, always. There are areas designed to look run down, a hobo encampment that has been around for so many years. Wooden structures, cattle lots from an old west movie, typical rail stations from the US, Britain, Australia, France. And even two identical stations on neighboring parcels that differ only in the color of bricks. Towns have grown up in some areas, A mining shaft ends in scupty mountain from a user who is apparently paying tier for years on end and not completing builds. A tower that had a prostitute on duty for a time. Linden-owned stations encroached by someone with strong political ideologies. One station is built of marble in a nod to the original Penn Station of NYC. Rez zones for the rail community to use, complete with train rezzers. It's the beauty of not deciding that billboards conform to a specific format, buildings of a certain design, limits on what types can be used to avoid over-burdening the passer-by with one too many concrete platforms or steel buildings. You're not required to see it all. But you are not the arbiter of good taste. We are not required to change our behavior just to make you happy. 112 sq meters isn't quite the micro plot I was taught to consider...16 or 32 sq meters is more like the micro-parcels I see with the full-bright advertisements for free this or that, or rentals and "FREE FREE FREE!!!"  A single billboard as might be seen in so many communities in the real world is hardly an ad farm. I rather doubt the Lindens will consider it an ad farm. 

If a game is growing due to excitement by its users and new users, I think that is a good thing. It's sparking creativity in folks looking for a new way to interact with the world. And that is to be treasured. Here's my ad: Visit Gou Shi Cave State Park in Ginsberg. Explore the caves, and enjoy the irreverant use of stone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dorie Bernstein said:

112 sq meters isn't quite the micro plot I was taught to consider...16 or 32 sq meters is more like the micro-parcels I see with the full-bright advertisements for free this or that, or rentals and "FREE FREE FREE!!!"  A single billboard as might be seen in so many communities in the real world is hardly an ad farm. I rather doubt the Lindens will consider it an ad farm. 

I don't have a problem with GTFO (or warehouses, etc.) but nobody should expect a big billboard on a 112 m² parcel to be welcomed by other landowners in a region. 

If it's such a good idea, let's see them try renting 112 m² private Estate parcels to put up billboards. If that's not popular with Estate owners, why should Mainlanders enjoy being subjected to that crap? And if Mainlanders really don't enjoy it then it's not in the Lab's interest to promote it: They should not sell abandoned parcels under 256 m² to anybody without other land in the region.

Now, about GTFO: I don't get too excited about these installations, one way or another. Some of them could be more imaginative, perhaps; the newer ones in particular seem pretty rubber-stamped, but they generally don't last very long in any one location. And there are some relatively older GTFO sites that are really quite good, so I figure there's always a chance a new one might eventually be upgraded to something more than a warehouse and standard-issue map graphics.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

MICROPARCEL.jpg

i do wonder why people sometimes go to the trouble and expense of  trolling like this inworld. A trolling in response to an obscure argument in an obscure post in an an obscure sub-forum

the mature people in the Get The Freight Out  game would look at this and just sigh. Really! did this person really need to do this in our name? No. and Hey! Person, if you want to troll other residents inworld  then do it in your own name please

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

i do wonder why people sometimes go to the trouble and expense of  trolling like this inworld. A trolling in response to an obscure argument in an obscure post in an an obscure sub-forum

the mature people in the Get The Freight Out  game would look at this and just sigh. Really! did this person really need to do this in our name? No. and Hey! Person, if you want to troll other residents inworld  then do it in your own name please

I appreciate you weighing in.

It's helpful in a long and cantankerous thread like this to remember what I said originally about GTFO:

GTFO is, on the one hand, a welcome thing because it "gives people something to do," it engages people in building and driving and exploring and such -- I had some tenants who created GTFO warehouses on my rentals. BUT the big problem with them is that they create huge, ugly warehouses on a sim, often by waterfront and roads, of course, and that brings down the whole sim. So it's a mixed bag. Not to mention their blighting of the map with their insignia. GTFO is everywhere, like Tiny Empires even though it doesn't offer any cash value, as I understand it, but is something to do. Maybe someone can beautify GTFO and get them to plan trees and put ponds on their big warehouse sites, but it's not really a solution for Mainland beautification.

It's hard to believe that this 136-word generally positive paragraph, that just objected to the ugliness of some of the warehouses and their ubiqituousness, and suggested that maybe they needed to do more beautification themselves with their own planting of trees and placing of ponds rather than be seconded to the task of beautifying the Mainland (which Qie reflected upon without knowing much about them).

This set off a long barrage of aggressive and propagandistic statements from Vera and her fan club. It took the usual form that SL debates on forums always do. It wasn't that I had a valid opinion; it was that I was "misinformed". If I pointed out immediately the nearest 5 GTFO uglies I could find, despite there being 5 instantly (and I could have gone on all day with them), the response was "oh, so let me get this right, you're just talking about one warehouse near you?" And on and on. Claims that most of them aren't warehouses any more. Deliberate obfuscation that they aren't warehouses, but cafes or marinas or stores -- but the objection to "warehouse" is that they are concrete and steel boxes everywhere with huge parking lots. So "Farm Fresh" is a warehouse as well.  

Re-read the thread if you have the stamina, and you see endless thin-skinned self-justification that is entirely misplaced. If a fellow resident who in fact says 1) GTFO is a good thing because it gives people something to do and 2) rents to them (HELLO!) then why all the agida? 

It's just the usual immature, defensive, insecure gyrations that go on in SL. 

Fast forward to inworld. I see after this unpleasant interchange, two GTFO regulars have moved right smack into my sim on abandoned land, in the middle of the sim, not roadside, where most GTFO locations are because of the logistics, and put up two giant billboards. 

So having been hardened by many, many a forums war and inworld war in SL, where the Woodburies, for example, deliberately bought land in or near my sim, including on my flagship sim, and endlessly griefed and harassed me, and where other annoying groups have done the same thing to me and others. I often find tenants fleeing from one of my rentals to another one far away because someone is coming and harassing them, "I know where you live," and endlessly making alts

In fact that's one of the reasons I made Tuliptree "Payment Information on File" required. It's my ONLY little community with that feature. I'm devoted to openness and do not allow access-only or orbs on the ground. But in this one place, I do put this PIOF because a number of times, people have sought respite from the day-old alts that their vindictive exes make, and this is one way to do that. It does mean that not all the parcels will rent and people will complain that their friends can't visit. Well, then they can rent directly across the street and still have the same flat land, railroad ambience and seaside. 

Vega and her friend Gaea claim that they did NOT deliberately spot an opportunity next to my rentals and did not intend to grief me. I find that frankly impossible to believe, when I've seen all the antics on here so far -- the false claims that GTFO is changing so much that warehouses are no longer prevalent (false, false, false); the claim that my objection to this aesthetic is based on only one such warehouse near me (false, I got all over and they are all over); the claim that I wish to impose my aesthetic on others and make them fall in line (ridiculous, as I'm not the one with a massive grid-wide game selling kits at $699 a pop to anyone who wants to put concrete boxes all over the place with logos on every sim to TP to them -- GTFO is).

But let's pretend that Vega and her girlfriend and their ad farmer buddy really had no clue that these were my rentals. Of course, a big stone sign out front with my company name might be a tip-off, as the distinctive logo on my rental boxes, but hey, let's pretend they were so giddy with excitement at the prospect of putting up Yet Another Concrete Box that they were oblivious to all this. Let's imagine that we had never known each other, I had never been on the forums to comment on this, she had never spent many rounds justifying the unjustifiable.

THERE WILL STILL BE A PROBLEM

Because, hello, they put up two giant frigging GTFO billboards. Or "bigboards," as they call them aptly in Ukraine.

Bigboards. 

The abandoned land they purchased should not have been chopped off and given to an ad farmer, especially one hustling a duplicative billboard right next to another one. Two billboards on one sim right next to each other is insane. Pretending first that the ad farm was "unrelated," then trying to distract from the association by saying their office was "on another sim"; then repeatedly muddying the waters by saying "it's not a hub" (referencing "FarmFresh") when the issue was that the ad farm company was a hub (as the sign shows); further distraction with alts and pals coming on to say "but it's not a hub, see the sign isn't a hub" -- when it is.

All of this nonsense, and never answering a simple question: did you cut off the microparcel to sell? This is common, because people don't have extra tier. The parcel was all one parcel literally for something like 12 years or more. For a time VRC had it but they didn't cut it up. I see that sim and my land and their land constantly, and there was no microparcel.

Given the ginormous amounts of abandoned land on the grid, and on this sim in particular (half of it is abandoned!) what's the deal here? Whether or not it's about heckling me deliberately isn't the point, really.

The point is that this company comes in and snaps up abandoned land, sells it to their ad farmer friends and despoils the middle of a sim. They have no self-control and regulation to put themselves roadside. Even though driving out of their "Farm Fresh" is a real challenge, on a tiny pathway, THROUGH the railroad building (?!), they put their warehouse there. No one can help but see how odd that is.

So again, read the comment that was made -- a comment that was normal, supportive, and mildly critical:

GTFO is, on the one hand, a welcome thing because it "gives people something to do," it engages people in building and driving and exploring and such -- I had some tenants who created GTFO warehouses on my rentals. BUT the big problem with them is that they create huge, ugly warehouses on a sim, often by waterfront and roads, of course, and that brings down the whole sim. So it's a mixed bag. Not to mention their blighting of the map with their insignia. GTFO is everywhere, like Tiny Empires even though it doesn't offer any cash value, as I understand it, but is something to do. Maybe someone can beautify GTFO and get them to plan trees and put ponds on their big warehouse sites, but it's not really a solution for Mainland beautification.

And look at the result, not caused by me, because I haven't done anything. I haven't bought any land and put up any billboards by this group. I've gone on renting my land to their players LOL. I've gone on flying around and noticing that yeah, they are all concrete box warehouses but yeah, there's that one nice cafe on that sim LOL. 

Neither I nor anyone else who innocently winds up next to grid empire-builders who put up large warehouses and big billboards should have to go through this. It costs GTFO nothing to stay roadside, to limit ads to one per sim -- as PS the Linden rules dictate it. 

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I don't have a problem with GTFO (or warehouses, etc.) but nobody should expect a big billboard on a 112 m² parcel to be welcomed by other landowners in a region. 

If it's such a good idea, let's see them try renting 112 m² private Estate parcels to put up billboards. If that's not popular with Estate owners, why should Mainlanders enjoy being subjected to that crap? And if Mainlanders really don't enjoy it then it's not in the Lab's interest to promote it: They should not sell abandoned parcels under 256 m² to anybody without other land in the region.

In the end, I figure those  billboards fall under the category of things not within my purview to have some say in. If that is how someone wishes to use their land, there really isn't much I can do about it. People will  do their thing. As with most things in SL, nothing is forever.

5 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Thank you for bringing me back to my senses. Playing keyboard warrior in this forum spat is one of the dumber ways I spent time yesterday, given that there was zero chance my words would make an ounce of difference in the grander scheme of things.  Off I go to enjoy my weekend, which features a quiet house and a warm cup of chai latte. Be well, everyone, and see you on the rails!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 4:10 AM, Aethelwine said:

LCC is short for the Leeward Cruising Club, the oldest and largest cruising club in SL. It has run weekly and now twice weekly cruises for ten years. You can find the group in search, membership is free. You will find it to be a welcoming community of experienced travellers. The LCC signs you see on world map advertise members parcels and open rezzing for vehicles. 

I went the other day, it was great fun! I'm going again another time!!

On 11/1/2019 at 3:42 PM, missyrideout said:

OK. I should have been more pointed in my comment. What I REALLY meant was  @Therese Tammas you seem like such a positive person excited to share your love for the mainland--that's awesome! Any regrets about hitching your wagon to this particular star? Hello? 

Hey there! I work with anyone and everybody :) .   I love and appreciate everyone's fierce views, and I appreciate your view, and Vega's; and if people are against me for being friends with Profoky, I am comfortable in my own skin.  H/she is a great friend and I enjoy her company, and we work well together. 

Also here's a picture of my inworld cat.  

x1FrKO4.jpg

Mainland Landmarks that you love are also welcome, as I'm collecting them for my project ❤️ 

P.S. In case this sweetness makes some people roll their eyes. This doesn't mean of course that I roll over with friends or foe. Just to be clear, I will stand up for myself with strong words when necessary, and I have healthy disagreements with my friends (and isn't it beautiful, different point of views). I just don't find the need most of the time. 

-T. 

• Like 1

By the way I'm pro-GTFO ^.^ I found quite a few nice GTFO hubs that I really like.

But also, I have found  GFTO hubs and signs too that were very utilitarian.  Fine as well, as it is people's freedom and choice of free-form play.  But for me, I love encouraging a pleasing view.  

For DiscoverMain, I'll feature different kinds of aesthetics, from grunge, urban, and apocalpytic to bucolic country side, shot for the HUD and general picture sharing/ showcases I'm planning, raw, in Black Dragon where possible, with minimal editing beyond the windlight and raising the gamma, etc. The goal is to find awesome places and show them off in their best light, in  themed HUDs, published regularly.  I do have a bit of a bias for beautiful colors and pleasing greenery. And if there's several grungy, urban builds that have  mesh builds, I will probably feature them over just-prim builds. 

If anyone likes this plan of things, come get my HUD when it comes out! Announcement forthecoming between now and some time after New Year :D 

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 1

For much of the summer, I’ve been focused on other, non-SL stuff, so I haven’t really been reading the forums much at all. As it gets colder, I’m spending more time and energy on SL again, so I’m starting to read the forums again.

I have to say that reading the mainland forums at least is a nice experience. The posts have changed. Seems like there is a lot more interest in the common good, in mainland appreciation, and in advocating to Linden Lan to make things better. As Ebbe Linden said during SL16B, the lab needs to hear from its users as to what they want when they want change. He was responding to a user question about curbing ban lines and about security orb abuse, but the point goes far beyond that.

I’m generally pro-GTFO even though I have chosen for my own reasons not to be a part of them any longer and I’ve moved onto other things personally. But I think there are lots of nice people there and it’s something that gets people looking at, exploring, and thinking about mainland.

There are (or were) some sightseeing tours of the mainland as well that were wonderful for the same reason. 

And I am loving the idea of this group being formed to appreciate mainland and advocate for Linden Lab policies that improve it. Bravo!

I don’t know if it’s the influence of Bellisseria or something else, but I feel like maybe I’m sensing a revival of community spirit on the mainland. And that is wonderful!

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

And, we are done!

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Community_Participation_Guidelines

Vulgarity, Profanity, and Sexually Explicit Content: No name calling, expletives, or any language that is offensive, pornographic, or sexually explicit. Profanity, hate speech, or threats of violence are not permissible.

Harassment: Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. Harassment can include text or images that contain racist, threatening, abusive or hateful material.

Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.

No Flaming: "Flames" are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab

Off Topic Content: Please keep your commentary relevant to the discussion and within the format that the forum, board or question and answer area require. (For example, in the Answers section, please follow the Q&A format of the discussion.) Content that is blatantly off topic is not permitted. You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.