Land Group Question

JenniferAnneSL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all...

I own some mainland. I have enlisted the help of a designer to terraform, landscape and otherwise improve the property. The designer has add suggested that the best thing to do is create a group, add the designer as a member and then give edit, rez terraform and other rights just to the group that was created. Then deed my land to the group. I would be the owner in the group. I have no reason to doubt her, but how do I do this or what else should I do so that if I sell the land in the future (something I have no plans to do at this time) I receive all the proceeds. Also I am a premium member and my Tier is $37US per month. Will.any of this affect my premium. I intend to pay all of it, but is there a timing issue as well. Thanks. Sorry to ask so much, but I appreciate all help.

You start by making your own group, (go to groups and click create group) make sure you have a minimum of 2 members in that group at all times, or the group will be deleted (you can create an alt for the occasion|), after that you deed the land to your group, (go about land, and choose deed) you will automatically make a contribution for the square meters to that group at the same time. the group is now the land owner.

You create a role for your designer in the group options, (members and roles > new role) and check the appropriate allowed ability's

You can then invite the designer to the group and that role.

All of this will not effect your tier, if any you can enjoy the 10% extra square meters you get when you donate land to a group..:)

When you want to sell your land, and don't want the lindens go through the group, you set the land for sale to yourself, you buy the land and then remove the donated square meters to the group, now you are the owner again and can sell the land to anyone.

if you have any questions you can IM me in-world.

Have fun.. :)

Edited by Kardargo Adamczyk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kardargo Adamczyk said:

When you want to sell your land, and don't want the lindens go through the group, you set the land for sale to yourself, you buy the land and then remove the donated square meters to the group, now you are the owner again and can sell the land to anyone.

another option is to disable group liabilities for all except yourself. In special with hired landscapers it's not unthinkable they use their own items and leave it there.
Changing ownership will return everything thats not owned.

4 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

another option is to disable group liabilities for all except yourself. In special with hired landscapers it's not unthinkable they use their own items and leave it there.
Changing ownership will return everything thats not owned.

That is indeed an option, if you do not mind to wait a few days on your lindens..:)

Keep in mind in the future if you sell the land that is group owned it gets paid out the following morning to anyone in a role (In your group) that has "Pay group liabilities and receive group dividends" checked under the accounting section. Best to make sure only your owner role has that checked :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1654 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.