Keyfimbilir

Do you have Flickr?

40 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Slowly finding some time again to spend in SL, so also on Flickr.

She's alive, she's alive!

PDVD_006.BMP

• Haha 4

On 10/13/2019 at 8:31 AM, MrsSeren said:

I love using Flickr, if people feel happy enough to follow and give a fave my pictures then I take as compliment as I admit I have improved a lot plus still learning more all the time!

How was I not already following you?  lol  That's been fixed. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Catrie said:

How was I not already following you?  lol  That's been fixed. 

O.o And we been friends how long nows?! :P 

Edit: I realised I'm guilty of the same! :D 

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I have a Flickr and feel my photos are above the average, but it seems nearly impossible to get faves or comments. 

I know nothing....but the number of faves I get depends on how many groups I post in. I need more time to scope more SL groups, but I'm OK with what I get, especially when so far I just do M/SFW. Some pics get hundreds of faves, and some posters have many hundred of followers. So I have much to learn, and no time to do it. :)

I post photos to Flickr to capture something I'm enjoying or just when I feel like it.  I keep forgetting about groups but I have the same feeling about Flickr as elsewhere ; I don't care about numbers.  This is not a criticism of those who do care, as I can see some do from all the effort they put into it.  I'll look up the links people have posted and follow the ones that interest me. :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I have a Flickr and feel my photos are above the average, but it seems nearly impossible to get faves or comments. 

Perhaps you should post a link to it here.. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

It’s really just a numbers game. If you’re not doing gamey stuff like “fave one get 2 faves back” or something like that, you just have to get your pictures seen. The best way to do that is take pictures consistently and post them in groups that have large numbers of members. People will see your work and they’ll start to like it if you’re consistent.

Some people put their pics in like 30 groups right off the bat and whatever happens, happens. Some people do a “slow burn” where they add the picture to like 10 groups, generate some likes then add it to 10 more groups and so on, because some people will just like something because a bunch of other people did.

Numbers.

• Like 2

Or you do what I did and just stop posting in groups altogether when I don't feel like it. Still got about the same amount of 'likes', but a lot less views - and I still kept getting new followers whilst doing it. For the past few shots I've uploaded now, I've done the group spam thing, and it immediately made me feel sick and tired of it again. I may well go back to just not doing the whole groups thing, I'm not there for the faves anyway.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Or you do what I did and just stop posting in groups altogether when I don't feel like it.

Yep. I just can't be bothered, or even remember, to add groups. If someone invites me to add my photo to a group, I usually say yes, but that's it. I post photos because I like my photos, and I know there are some other people that like my photos, too. I post far less now than I used to, and often forget to even go back and look at how many likes something has gotten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janetosilio said:

It’s really just a numbers game. If you’re not doing gamey stuff like “fave one get 2 faves back” or something like that, you just have to get your pictures seen. The best way to do that is take pictures consistently and post them in groups that have large numbers of members. People will see your work and they’ll start to like it if you’re consistent.

Some people put their pics in like 30 groups right off the bat and whatever happens, happens. Some people do a “slow burn” where they add the picture to like 10 groups, generate some likes then add it to 10 more groups and so on, because some people will just like something because a bunch of other people did.

Numbers.

And then some of us out our photos in zero groups, ‘cause we are just doing it for ourselves, and if they get zero likes, they get zero likes. 😁

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

And then some of us out our photos in zero groups, ‘cause we are just doing it for ourselves, and if they get zero likes, they get zero likes. 😁

Cool.

Like @janetosilio said, it is such a numbers game. I hate Flickr. I have an account although I haven't posted to it in ages, it is open for viewing (I think).  I closed it a while back and prevented public viewing (the reason escapes me), and that deleted all of the likes but not the views, so some photos show hundreds of views and zero likes, which even though I don't care about it, I do, and I feel sorry for those poor photos that used to be liked and are now all abandoned. (Nope, not kidding. I know I'm craycray.) 

I mainly do raw screenshots and follow other people who do, too. There are some amazing "raw" photographers out there, and they tend to be ignored for the OVERLY Photoshopped things. I admire good PShop work but honestly, there's so much crap out there that gets 100+ likes, I just find it annoying.  But I know I'm in the minority.

ETA: I don't really care about the likes, but I do like to think I'm sharing my work with others. It makes for an uncomfortable dichotomy.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

eleted all of the likes but not the views, so some photos show hundreds of views and zero likes, which even though I don't care about it, I do, and I feel sorry for those poor photos that used to be liked and are now all abandoned. (Nope, not kidding. I know I'm craycray.) 

I did the same thing a few years ago. I no longer remember why now, but I made everything private and lost thousands of comments and likes. 

I don't hate Flickr, but I do hate the feed. I can post Very Adult Pictures without worrying about getting plunked on the head for it, can set my ratings and not have to change them every time I post a pic, and that's mostly all I'm really concerned with. 

I would like them to fix the feed, though, but I have much the same issues with every single type of social media platform that thinks they know what I want to see first and makes it difficult to scroll item by item by date in the fewest clicks possible.

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't hate Flickr, but I do hate the feed. I can post Very Adult Pictures without worrying about getting plunked on the head for it, can set my ratings and not have to change them every time I post a pic, and that's mostly all I'm really concerned with. 

I would like them to fix the feed, though, but I have much the same issues with every single type of social media platform that thinks they know what I want to see first and makes it difficult to scroll item by item by date in the fewest clicks possible.

I assume you're talking about the my.secondlife.com feed. I have *never* heard of anyone getting plunked on the head for anything there. I've seen xxxx-rated stuff. Rampant trolling. The most racist posts/photos. The Feed is the wild, wild west as far as I can tell.

It does not work. Never has worked. I still post there, but the feed's bugginess is why I went to Flickr in the first place. So many regular posters there have left because LL just abandoned the Feed and it blows. I can rant about it more but won't.

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I assume you're talking about the my.secondlife.com feed.

No, the Flickr feed. I didn't even know people still looked at the SL feed. 

• Haha 1

Another thing to note is to simply tag your photos. I did a picture with the BBL body and it got a lot of likes and views. I’m 100% sure it’s because I tagged it BBL. I don’t even wear the BBL body, I just like playing around with new stuff and making avatars.

People also tend to like things simply because you put credits to what you’re wearing in the description.

I had to go check my Flickr. Is it open for viewing? Yes. What is my login? (panic...but I found it) If you type Seicher Rae into the search you get two, ancient, never used accounts that I don't know how to access to delete. I think the active, current one was created under SeekerRae but I couldn't find it in the search. heh. 

I find it amusing when I get notices in my email that so-and-so is following me "now" because I haven't posted in eons. Obviously these are folks who think if I follow, she'll follow. Sorry, SR don't play that game. Never have, never will.

Fwiw: https://www.flickr.com/photos/157137235@N03/

Edited by Seicher Rae

I'm going to make up fake awards to put on all your photos, too.

The Officially Official unBethical behavior Seal of Approval that grants you diddly squat!

1272x920design_01.thumb.jpg.4aaed4ff3974a0aa754b3d8e932575b9.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm going to make up fake awards to put on all your photos, too.

The Officially Official unBethical behavior Seal of Approval that grants you diddly squat!

1272x920design_01.thumb.jpg.4aaed4ff3974a0aa754b3d8e932575b9.jpg

:::snort-laugh & face palming:::

• Haha 1

Only time I spam my photos in Flickr when it related to my blog; otherwise for fun shots then not so much.