Help with sneakers.

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Mollymews said:

until there is a shop that sells high tops and pants that are made to fit together (and I don't know any myself) , this is pretty much a perennial issue for male wear

Hoorenbeeks is the only store I know that sells complete outfits, including footwear, that are meant to be worn together. Whether they include any with high-top sneakers, I don't know. They are very expensive so I rarely check, unless they have a sale on.

Also try Kauna - they "closed down" several months ago and decided to give away their entire inventory for free. The store is still there, and everything is still available, including a set called "4Mat Boots". The boots come with jeans that are a bit shorter than usual, and they will work with some other boots and sneakers too. Find them here in the "Everything Else" vendor: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Time Portal/248/133/1930 They have tons of great vintagewear for men, so pick up the whole lot while you're there. The only thing that's not free is the gacha.

The only other way, if you don't mind skin-tight jeans, is wear applier-layer or system-layer jeans with modifiable sculpted cuffs that you can re-size. 

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 1

Maybe it is because I am non native English speaker, but I think jeans over hightops -  is it any difference from wearing ordinary low tops? Obviously I am not male, men but my alt is using unrigged shoes where he can find them. The foot can always be alphaed out and unrigged shoes moved a bit. 

Long pants and shoes is always difficult. I mean Lapointe &  Bastchild have some jeans with different cuffs. Maybe only for females, I saw they had jeans for "high" or "flat"  in the same pack. 

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

jeans over hightops -  is it any difference from wearing ordinary low tops?

here is a RL image of jeans and high tops for guys where the jeans are able to sit on top of the shoes

https://www.asos.com/au/asos-design/asos-high-top-sneaker-boots-in-black-with-gum-sole/prd/8226621

if I could find this style and fit for the maitreya I would buy them for myself

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mollymews said:

here is a RL image of jeans and high tops for guys where the jeans are able to sit on top of the shoes

https://www.asos.com/au/asos-design/asos-high-top-sneaker-boots-in-black-with-gum-sole/prd/8226621

if I could find this style and fit for the maitreya I would buy them for myself

Thank you. For some reason I thought jeans should go over, not under. This looks good, yes. Lapointe Bastchild has jeans that includes tapered legs. Maybe try a demo from them.

• {BAG} Tapered Fit w/HIDE & Alpha Cut HUD (Jake, Gianni, Geralt, Slink)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LB-Mens-Denim-Jeans-Havoc-Fatpack-DEMO/18147969

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Thank you. For some reason I thought jeans should go over, not under. This looks good, yes. Lapointe Bastchild has jeans that includes tapered legs. Maybe try a demo from them.

I was going to suggest Lapointe & Bastchilde too but you beat me to it. They include three cuff variants; one regular, one narrow (to wear inside your high-tops) and one wider (to wear over them). However even so, the shoes will usually clip through even the wider ones. 

11 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

I was going to suggest Lapointe & Bastchilde too but you beat me to it. They include three cuff variants; one regular, one narrow (to wear inside your high-tops) and one wider (to wear over them). However even so, the shoes will usually clip through even the wider ones. 

Unrigged sneakers that's mod and can be moved a bit up and down, plus an ankle lock? That way, the foot will not break over in poses, but stay stiff.

2 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

one day somebody is going to make pants and shoes for guys as a fitted set.  When they do then they are going to sell heaps

And they have to know how to market them. For all we know, they are already made. Many SL businesses go under because no one know what they sell.

• Like 1

Give up and wear shorts! Or maybe get Capri pants. Do guys wear that? I think I've seen female sweatpants with a cuffed ankle that works with hi tops. Maybe there are similar sweatpants for guys. Another way is to wear system pants. The linden system pants have a slider that can make bloused pant bottoms. You can tuck in the pants at any point on your lower leg. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.