Bellisseria Homes Going Back in The Pool!

Chloe Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I got one boat in https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lollipop/220/120/0

I had to try, in case it was Pegleg Channel. Are you ready for another try?

Ah darn... I was hoping when I saw that, that it was a different lollipop lot.

Might start seeing more in Lollipop soon if the covenant doesn't stretch well. We've got somebody rezzing a bunch of trees and rocks and prim water over the linden water, and then an added third floor on top of their houseboat in the center of the sim...

Spent yesterday trying to decide between how to formulate an AR, if there was something I could AR, or if I might have to abandon and try for another boat some-month...

6 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Might start seeing more in Lollipop soon if the covenant doesn't stretch well. We've got somebody rezzing a bunch of trees and rocks and prim water over the linden water, and then an added third floor on top of their houseboat in the center of the sim...

Spent yesterday trying to decide between how to formulate an AR, if there was something I could AR, or if I might have to abandon and try for another boat some-month...

If they go so much outside of their parcel that they hinder others to use the public water, you can say that in the AR.

I am logging in to abandon a fine place in Badger Beach. This place look great, front row to the sea. But after I saw two other regions that maybe go this week, I am letting Badger Beach go 11.15AM SL time - 15 minutes from now.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Badger Beach/187/181/28

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I left Hammerhead because of similar decoration - seems to happen in a lot of houseboat areas

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Some top rooms look good. I assume the ones you talk about is not.

It's not a walling off of the balcony, but an actual third floor.

They bought a 2-land impact skybox and sat it on top of the house, then gave it the houseboat's wall texture - but it's even bigger than the houseboat itself and has a 'door to nowhere' on one outer side.

And then there's the prim water, splash effect, and a whole host of palm trees all around the lot and on the public protected piers to the sides of the lot... and sculpty rocks...

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's not a walling off of the balcony, but an actual third floor.

They bought a 2-land impact skybox and sat it on top of the house, then gave it the houseboat's wall texture - but it's even bigger than the houseboat itself and has a 'door to nowhere' on one outer side.

And then there's the prim water, splash effect, and a whole host of palm trees all around the lot and on the public protected piers to the sides of the lot... and sculpty rocks...

AR it!

1: Skybox under 2000 m

2: Not in theme

3: Blocking public piers

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

AR it!

1: Skybox under 2000 m

2: Not in theme

3: Blocking public piers

On the fence about what violation it is, if any.

It's just under the 14m limit. It touches the roof so I can't call it a skybox even though the prim is named skybox, and how loose or tight is the Bellisaria theme?

Worse thing is this person is in a group I am in and I saw them type in chat last night that they don't want a houseboat, they wanted a traditional - so this is someone "making the best of what they got" and sadly that runs straight up against my tastes...

The no-drama option is I wait for the build to be done and use Firestorm to derender everything outside the building... O.o

(Am I violating a rule with these images? If so I will delete them)

Note how the prim water is above water level:

LollipopBlight_005.jpg

LollipopBlight_004.jpg

Skybox didn't fit on top - overlaps slightly. If this was someone I knew or knew how to approach, I could build coach them to fix that...

LollipopBlight_003.jpg

LollipopBlight_002.jpg

LollipopBlight_001.jpg

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It's just under the 14m limit. It touches the roof so I can't call it a skybox even though the prim is named skybox, and how loose or tight is the Bellisaria theme?

Worse thing is this person is in a group I am in and I saw them type in chat last night that they don't want a houseboat, they wanted a traditional - so this is someone "making the best of what they got" and sadly that runs straight up against my tastes...

The no-drama option is I wait for the build to be done and use Firestorm to derender everything outside the building... O.o

LollipopBlight_005.jpg

LollipopBlight_004.jpg

LollipopBlight_003.jpg

LollipopBlight_002.jpg

LollipopBlight_001.jpg

A grey zone. It is a 32 x 32 m parcel, yes? They can fill inside their parcel with sand, stones and rocks. It looks like the ground material, sand and rocks, is inside their 32 x 32. Tree branches overhanging public land is not blocking entry. They have altered the skybox. Made an effort.

It is more a matter of taste. Dancing on the edge of what's acceptable, but not crossing it. Maybe? I think this is allowed.

You could AR it and let a Mole sort it out.

21 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It doesn't look like there is any violation there from what you've said. My situation is similar in that my neighbor's houseboat is full of stuff that appears to have been made in 2007 and is really not attractive IMO. I just derender the worst of it and ignore the rest, because I love my houseboat. (Oh, and I keep the blinds shut on the side of my houseboat that faces theirs lol)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It doesn't look like there is any violation there from what you've said. My situation is similar in that my neighbor's houseboat is full of stuff that appears to have been made in 2007 and is really not attractive IMO. I just derender the worst of it and ignore the rest, because I love my houseboat. (Oh, and I keep the blinds shut on the side of my houseboat that faces theirs lol)

sigh... that's my fear.

It got worse today. The building on top is even more out of place...

OH... I got something. It's taller than 15m.

Time for a second AR.

When I rez a 15m tall prim on top of the water in my land and stretch it over to measure that building - half the building is above the 15m limit.

*Privacy walls or fences should match the theme and extend no more than 4m above ground level. All other structures should not extend higher than 15m above ground level or sea level, whichever is higher.

In camming about due to this last night, I also found a private-brand security orb in the water on another neighbor's plot... I feel like a hall monitor in elementary school right now...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Each to their own on style etc but this would be a problem for me also as their neighbour - just personally there has to be a bit of realism for me in the neighbourhood. Is that boring of me?! I know we are all guilty of over doing the docks when we first get the boat!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

Each to their own on style etc but this would be a problem for me also as their neighbour - just personally there has to be a bit of realism for me in the neighbourhood. Is that boring of me?! I know we are all guilty of over doing the docks when we first get the boat!

Yeah; there's what you rez inside your building and what you rez outside...

Outside, you need to be more considerate of the neighborhood.

All the crazy is gone now from that plot. Since then they've been rezzing a series of giant sky platform rocks and moving them down under the water, then deleting them - and now a square and some 'find the right texture' panel - looks like they're trying to build a platform. Hopefully one that's in theme.

EDIT: Spoke too soon... this morning the trees are back. Just on a deck now...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Yeah; there's what you rez inside your building and what you rez outside...

Outside, you need to be more considerate of the neighborhood.

All the crazy is gone now from that plot. Since then they've been rezzing a series of giant sky platform rocks and moving them down under the water, then deleting them - and now a square and some 'find the right texture' panel - looks like they're trying to build a platform. Hopefully one that's in theme.

I am all for changing your mind, experimenting etc but having consideration for environment of others and blending is something important in Bellisseria because thought and care has gone into everything including exactly how far you can stretch your own parcel - staying in theme is a grateful way of saying thank you. I too had a lot of trouble decorating boat parcels this person probably struggling with the plot and what to do and may leave to find more suitable plot - good luck to them if they do it's entirely possible to find something that feels right!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.