Have to sit on furniture many times in order to get a menu.

Demolish666

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, for the past month i noticed i haven't been able to interact with furniture as reliably as i used to. I have to sit down atleast 10-20 times before i finally get a menu. I reinstalled and updated firestorm to it's latest version, and cleared my cache. Nothing helps. Can somebody please help me? this is honestly infuriating and enough to make me want to stop playing.

3 answers to this question

this could happen on a severely lagged region, you could ask friends if they experience similar issues to check if this problem is server side or viewer side.

this issue could happen too on homestead regions where scripts are limited.

Oh and of course this could be due to a badly scripted object, you can try another similar object to check if you have the same issue and make sure its not the object in question.

good luck.

Edited by Kardargo Adamczyk

Is this happening on all furniture or only on a specific piece of furniture?  Does it happen everywhere, or just on one region?  Does it happen if you use the standard LL viewer, or only when you use Firestorm? Does it only happen with furniture, or are you having trouble with other scripted objects that are supposed to present menus?

You can check how the region is performing using the viewer's Stats Panel, press Ctrl-Shift-1.

Look for Server FPS, Time Dilation, and Scripts Run %. FPS should be around 44. Down to about 30 FPS isn't much of a problem. After than you will notice lag. Dilation should be 1.00 but down to 0.90 is still good. The lower it goes the wrose the performance due to server side lag.

Scripts Run % tells you how well scripts are working. If the server is overloaded and can't find time to run the scripts in furniture you'll see the problem you are having. When only 75% of scripts run you probably won't notice much difference. At 50% and below you feel the lag. Below 30% and you'll have big problems flying or sailing.

The Scripts Run % (SR%) is the number of scripts in the region that got to run in the current server frame (FPS). At 33% each script get some CPU time every third frame. It sits dead-idle for 2 frames. So, fast keystrokes, clicks, and other inputs can be missed by a script.

There has been discussion for months now about SR% being exceptionally low. In the last couple of weeks the Lindens made some changes we hope will make things better. But SR% affects every scripted thing in a region. Regions with more than 4,000 scripts have been having some problems. So, the number of scripts in prims in the region plus scripts worn by avatars makes the problem a region-by-region problem aggravated by the number of avatars present. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.