Halloween Candy Nutrition

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, feeling a bit more human today. A bit. 

For Halloween, my son and I will be making cake pops. Cut out a circle of rolled, white fondant icing (pint glass works well as a cutter), drape it over a pop, add two chocolate chip eyes and you have a ghost. Also use orange icing to make pumpkins and black icing, with liquorice stick legs, for spiders. 

You can also turn them into little Christmas puddings, snowman and reindeer heads and tree baubles for Christmas. 

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 6

On 10/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yesssss.

My grandmother used to use marzipan in baking, and she would be give me chunks of it as a special treat, so I actually learned to prefer it without chocolate. But on the rare occasions that I treat myself to it (usually around Christmas), Ritter's is good, despite the chocolate. At some delis, though, you can get these sort of half-logs of marzipan with a very thin chocolate coating. THAT is the best.

That sounds sooo good!

• Like 2

And yes these are healthy and better than chocolate covered rasins ,,,,, i put these in home made oatmeal ,,,, make the oatmeal   put a few of these on top  individual serving and yummm stir them in and  less sugar and good for  you

chocolate covered crasins ,,,, soooooooo gooooooodshopping.jpgchocra.jpg.1ee0e64854139a6f5a50372a1fc63a5b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

LOL - I did that as a kid. 

I do the same with Gummie worms also..

In fact,I sometimes bite off like the green or orange and will stick two red pieces together and then will have a bunch of reds left over to enjoy,rather than being left with the worst ones.which really,there are no worst ones when it comes to Gummie worms..hehehe

When a candy is a good candy,there is always a procedure to eating them..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 11:05 AM, Tari Landar said:

We call these thumbprint kisses, because you put your thumb in to make the spot for the kiss :D

When I was little I used to take the kisses off and eat the cookies, drove my mom nuts, I also used to eat the centers out of the Hókifli (Kifli to most people probably, but they go by lots of different names depending on who you ask and where that person is from), because it's the best part, lol. 

Peanut butter cookies are my absolute favorite, my grammy (great grandma) taught me how to make them when I was a toddler by singing the words "cuppa, cuppa....EGG"-then she pretended to crack an egg on my head. I got to crack the egg in, I always got to crack the eggs when we made stuff, it was the least messy step and I could do it while sitting on a counter, lol. 

image.png.c1e3611c647b000b3531c0009c9948b8.pngimage.thumb.png.3fa10823a9f93e0805ef9c4f9de2d4ed.png

we had another name for these, Chocolate TlT cookies

Edited by kali Wylder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

image.png.c1e3611c647b000b3531c0009c9948b8.pngimage.thumb.png.3fa10823a9f93e0805ef9c4f9de2d4ed.png

we had another name for these, Chocolate TlT cookies

That's what happens when you add the chocolate while they're hot lmao

We make them with rolos too, and if you put those on warm cookies, they def. turn into nipples, delicious nipples, but still nipples all the same 

• Like 1

In days past when I didn't care about the effect it was going to have on my body down the line?   Would definitely be a big mix of Reese's peanut butter cups starbursts & three musketeers.  But now I'm having to watch my blood sugar, carbs and calories.  I actually only started testing my blood sugar for the first time on Wednesday and now do it 4 times a day.  It's already become an obsessive game to me to figure out what I can do and eat in order to avoid huge spikes in numbers.

But the candy that I found this past week knowing this was coming up was Russell Stover sugar-free truffles.  a serving size on the nutrition panel is 3 but I have decided that I will just have one when I do have one which would be at most one a day.  They don't taste like something that's reduced calories I really like them.   

ps happy Halloween!  🍭🍬🍫🎃💀👽👻🤖👻☠️🤡

pps no clue what I did to this last little bit of text to make it highlighted or whatever it is I did. 😆

Screenshot_20191012-012632.png

9623SF-1000.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zzevir said:

When I'm in the UK I try to get some of Tunnock's tea cakes.

They serve these with the coffee at my local hipster watering hole. They put it all on a wooden board with a mini bottle of milk and the hot drink itself in a shaped glass. 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I like the things that show up at Halloween more than anything..like those Halloween candy corns and pumpkins.

I have this habit when eating the corns..I have to bite off the top,then the middle and then finally the bottom..So three bites a corn ..hehehehe

51Yt62Y7ZZL._SY355_.jpg

I eat candy corn the SAME way, everyone has always laughed at me for it. I even do it with the shaped ones, I eat it in layers. Then again most people I know (minus my own family) hate candy corn too, lol. 

On 10/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, Bree Giffen said:

What is your favorite Halloween candy and why? I've been eating Kit Kats kept cold in the fridge. They are crispy and delicious. Peanut butter cups are a close second.

I do not have a favorite Halloween candy, I eat candy all year.  I go through cycles... my current favorite is...

815GzyF5RnL._SX425_.jpg

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Ooh, I thought hedgehog cake was when you added chocolate fingers to a cake to make spines? 

Not sure where the recipe comes from but its crushed milk arrowroot biscuits mixed up with choccy slop. I think its cheap to make because we were terribly poor and mum would make it for fun special occassions. :) (never tried to make it yet myself).

Edited by Maryanne Solo
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Not sure where the recipe comes from but its crushed milk arrowroot biscuits mixed up with choccy slop. I think its cheap to make because we were terribly poor and mum would make it for fun special occassions. :) (never tried to make it yet myself).

That sounds like a good alternative to rocky road, which is what I thought that was at first. I can rarely eat rocky road because marshmallows are almost never veggie-friendly.

• Like 1

When I was a kid, I was a sucker for Nerds ropes. There’s just something satisfying about a crunchy later wrapped around a gummy layer. 

Nowadays I train so much at the gym that I eat healthy to match so that I’m not wasting my efforts. I’ll just take an Apple, please. :) 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:38 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I like the things that show up at Halloween more than anything..like those Halloween candy corns and pumpkins.

I have this habit when eating the corns..I have to bite off the top,then the middle and then finally the bottom..So three bites a corn ..hehehehe

51Yt62Y7ZZL._SY355_.jpg

Is there any other way to eat candy corn other than by color sections?! :) Well, I guess if you include eating some salted peanuts with the corn (soooo good). Halloween is candy corn, Easter is jelly beans, Christmas is cookies (decorated spritz)...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1653 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.