Bree Giffen

Halloween Candy Nutrition

28 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

if any of you like Hersey's Kisses, you have to make the Peanut Blossom Cookies with a Hersey Kiss pressed in the middle. 

We call these thumbprint kisses, because you put your thumb in to make the spot for the kiss :D

When I was little I used to take the kisses off and eat the cookies, drove my mom nuts, I also used to eat the centers out of the Hókifli (Kifli to most people probably, but they go by lots of different names depending on who you ask and where that person is from), because it's the best part, lol. 

Peanut butter cookies are my absolute favorite, my grammy (great grandma) taught me how to make them when I was a toddler by singing the words "cuppa, cuppa....EGG"-then she pretended to crack an egg on my head. I got to crack the egg in, I always got to crack the eggs when we made stuff, it was the least messy step and I could do it while sitting on a counter, lol. 

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

On another subject, if any of you like Hersey's Kisses, you have to make the Peanut Blossom Cookies with a Hersey Kiss pressed in the middle.

Mom made those when I was young and I've done them myself a few times over the years. We'd press the dough balls out with the back of a fork to make little ridges. Then, like Tari, I'd press my thumb in the middle to make a nest for the Kiss. I liked them better when Mom made them with me. Since her stroke, she wants nothing to do with a kitchen because everything smells like crap.

These days, I put Hershey's Kisses in lemon poppy muffins. I'll stir up a batch of Martha White mix using water instead of milk (nobody can tell the difference) and fill up a 12 count mini-muffin pan half way. I'll plop one Kiss in each cup and then finish filling them. They're best when eaten warm and the chocolate is runny. When chilled, I'll warn people to watch out for the "muffin bones".

• Like 3

Holiday mint M&Ms are something I look forward to every year. They are seasonal so I make a point of buying a few bags of them when they appear on the shelves. 

As with all M&Ms, I suck on four or five at a time, melting and dissolving them. So good.

Years ago I was at a mall with a friend. We were approached by someone doing a market test of chocolate goo filled chocolate Twizzlers. I declined the offer, but she tried one. Unsurprisingly, I never saw them come to store shelves.

• Like 1

I don't care what it is, I'm low on oestrogen and if it's got chocolate in it I need it NOW.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Holiday mint M&Ms are something I look forward to every year. They are seasonal so I make a point of buying a few bags of them when they appear on the shelves. 

My seasonal candy that I stock up on:

See the source image

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

It makes these cookies just melt in your mouth if you store them a while and let them "age". 

I will never know.  Around here, Christmas cookies are eaten as soon as they are cool enough to hold.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My seasonal candy that I stock up on:

See the source image

WANT

NOW SETTING SAIL WITH CAPTAIN MORGAN

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:
5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My ovaries and current foul temper thank you.

As a lifelong teetotaler, I was, at first, hesitant to post that link. But, the potential to rob a forum full of stupefied candy lovers is just too damned tempting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Liquor filled chocolate? Sounds like a great way to fall asleep. I just had some Jalapeno M&Ms. They taste like normal peanut M&Ms except your mouth burns afterwards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My favorites are Twix and Kit Kat.

I bought two bags of mini Twix (buy one, get one free!) on Friday, thinking to myself, "these will be for the trick or treaters."  LOLOLOL NO  I CAN"T STOP EATING THEM. Some of the blame goes to my family too. We are now out of Twix.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

As a lifelong teetotaler, I was, at first, hesitant to post that link. But, the potential to rob a forum full of stupefied candy lovers is just too damned tempting.

There isn't actually enough alcohol in them to give even a slight buzz, not even after eating about a dozen of them (or so I've been told  :ph34r: ).  The alcohol simply adds flavor to the chocolate. 

**sigh**

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I will never know.  Around here, Christmas cookies are eaten as soon as they are cool enough to hold.

Yep, I understand.

But, did you know a lot of European's age their cookies for about a month.

It really is worth the wait if you can set some aside and let them age.  Some aged things are just so good.  

My sister and I used to make all the Christmas cookies two to three weeks before Christmas.  Eat a few, let them age in waxed paper and tupperware in a dark place.  We could do it because we were sick of cookies for awhile after making what seemed like hundreds and hundreds. 

Some aged stuff is just so much tastier.   

• Like 1

There are some local candy makers of chocolate which are good,   Sarris Candy, Boyer, and Jean and Boots Chocalate

• Like 1

These :D

1174212-8fadd-product_large.jpg.0895d1c737a40332533223e807b42826.jpgkvikk-lunsj-bar-2.jpg.753b9941082dc1b0e38af9541bffa1cd.jpg

That "Kvikk Lunsj" (Fast Lunch) is a Kit Kat Copy Cat :) Story goes that the son of a manufacturer tasted Kit Kat in London back in 1935, and then launched his version in Norway in 1937. Going for a hike in the woods/mountains or a cross country ski outing, it's mandatory to bring a good supply of these (they sometimes comes with suggestions for hike destinations on the inside of the wrapper...)

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 3

I blame this thread, and you people, entirely for the fact that I made peanut butter cookies tonight. It wouldn't be a problem if I hadn't made them before I made dinner, which was pasketti.

I always get in trouble when I make dessert first, but people can't complain when their mouth is full :P 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

here is a nice fun snack for holidays    get kit kats ,,, crumble them sprinkle them in glass oblong pan ,,,,  i get the bag of kit kats   ,,,, then next layer milk cho or banna pudding or your favorite icecream.... top with another layer of kit kats  and a side of fresh strawberries and serve ,,,,, note if pudding put in freezer for half hour to really chill it up ,,,, great with hot coffee 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1