Help my face!!!

Benson Gravois

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the latest "Victor" Catwa head and the animations are great. Only one problem, when I wear my visa animations AO, I have two options, the one that controls my facial expressions or the  one the doesn't. I dont like the one that does because I want to use my catwa ones, but when I wear the one the doesn't, my walking animations in my Vista HUD will not work? I ahve asked why in the Catwa chat and no one had any ideas. Please can some one help me?  

30 minutes ago, Benson Gravois said:

I have the latest "Victor" Catwa head and the animations are great. Only one problem, when I wear my visa animations AO, I have two options, the one that controls my facial expressions or the  one the doesn't. I dont like the one that does because I want to use my catwa ones, but when I wear the one the doesn't, my walking animations in my Vista HUD will not work? I ahve asked why in the Catwa chat and no one had any ideas. Please can some one help me?  

Which Vista AO are you using? I don't have any issue with the non-face version of the 'Gerard' AO from there (I'm wearing it now, as a matter of fact). Try the following, in the order given:

1. Take off the AO
  2. Right-click your avatar and select Appearance > Reset > Skeleton & Animations
  3. In your viewer's menu, go to 'Avatar' (or 'Me') and select Avatar Health > Stop Avatar Animations and Revoke Permissions
  4. Relog
  5. Re-wear your AO
  6. If that doesn't work, get a redelivery of the AO and repeat the above, but this time add the redelivered copy of the AO

It's not something that's really relevant to Catwa, since the issue you're having is with the AO not animating your body, and not anything to do with the head (apart from preferring to use the animations on that head), so if none of the above steps work you're best off contacting Vista support.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Which Vista AO are you using? I don't have any issue with the non-face version of the 'Gerard' AO from there (I'm wearing it now, as a matter of fact). Try the following, in the order given:

1. Take off the AO
  2. Right-click your avatar and select Appearance > Reset > Skeleton & Animations
  3. In your viewer's menu, go to 'Avatar' (or 'Me') and select Avatar Health > Stop Avatar Animations and Revoke Permissions
  4. Relog
  5. Re-wear your AO
  6. If that doesn't work, get a redelivery of the AO and repeat the above, but this time add the redelivered copy of the AO

It's not something that's really relevant to Catwa, since the issue you're having is with the AO not animating your body, and not anything to do with the head (apart from preferring to use the animations on that head), so if none of the above steps work you're best off contacting Vista support.

Thankyou for the tip, I tried all that just now and it didnt work. I too am wearing the Gerard.

I am on my way to the store for a redelivery to see if that works.

As far as I know there isn't anything amiss with the Gerard AO, unless you're perhaps wearing an older version. I know that Vista did issue a couple of updates, so it's worth redelivering to ensure you're on the latest version.

Edited by Skell Dagger

4 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

As far as I know there isn't anything amiss with the Gerard AO, unless you're perhaps wearing an older version. I know that Vista did issue a couple of updates, so it's worth redelivering to ensure you're on the latest version.

I am standing in the sore now looking for the redelivery button

24 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

So, I just did that, got the latest updated version of the Grard and it still wont work. For some reason it is just the walking animation that wont work. This is so strange!

If you have the FS AO enabled and it has a set of basic animations, walks, stands, etc. along with another another AO attached with similar animations you'll have problems. Usually it is the AOs that avoid polling and replace the default animations ID's server side that cause the problem. Turn one or the other off and things start working.

It may be possible to remove duplicate animations from one of the AOs and have them both work.

I am guessing it is a race condition server side with some repetitive cycles of two or more AO's saying 'use this animation... no... use this animation..' and the server never gets it figured out.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:09 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

If you have the FS AO enabled and it has a set of basic animations, walks, stands, etc. along with another another AO attached with similar animations you'll have problems. Usually it is the AOs that avoid polling and replace the default animations ID's server side that cause the problem. Turn one or the other off and things start working.

It may be possible to remove duplicate animations from one of the AOs and have them both work.

I am guessing it is a race condition server side with some repetitive cycles of two or more AO's saying 'use this animation... no... use this animation..' and the server never gets it figured out.

This is pretty much what I was going to say. If I have my FS AO on along with another AO, then my walks will not work correctly.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1652 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.