FolkvangrFreyja

Bug when trying to upload MP Listing photos - HALP D:

Question

Hi,

Every time I upload a photo to my MP listing, I get this error message:

["Attachment file size can not be larger than 1Mb"]

The photo is not by any means larger than 1Mb.  I have tried uploading it in different versions (.jpg, .png) but I am getting the same message. 

I haven't had this problem, ever.  Anyone have any ideas? 

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, FolkvangrFreyja said:

Hi,

Every time I upload a photo to my MP listing, I get this error message:

["Attachment file size can not be larger than 1Mb"]

The photo is not by any means larger than 1Mb.  I have tried uploading it in different versions (.jpg, .png) but I am getting the same message. 

I haven't had this problem, ever.  Anyone have any ideas? 

I have not experienced that problem in a long time,  but if I remember correctly the last time I had it happen, it was because the image dimensions were too large for the MP image manager to process, compress and/or make thumbnail views. 

On 10/8/2019 at 6:18 AM, Markham Weatherwax said:

I have not experienced that problem in a long time,  but if I remember correctly the last time I had it happen, it was because the image dimensions were too large for the MP image manager to process, compress and/or make thumbnail views. 

i had this problem the answer is to scale down the image in gimp / photoshop etc the file is simply too large . just scale down the image and it works. go to scale image in gimp and make the scale 200 x 200 and upload png or jpeg

Edited by ApolloJEyes
spelling

1 hour ago, ApolloJEyes said:

i had this problem the answer is to scale down the image in gimp / photoshop etc the file is simply too large . just scale down the image and it works. go to scale image in gimp and make the scale 200 x 200 and upload png or jpeg

Make your image a size that can be uploaded, sure.  But use scaling dimensions that are a power of two; 128, 256, 512, or 1024 pixels on a side.  This will provide sharper results than letting SL resample your image.  Don't worry if this squishes your image.  You can un-squish it after import by re-sizing it in the image viewer, or by pasting it on a properly-dimensioned prim.

Note, SL should be able to import an image up to 1024 x 1024 pixels.