Sign in to follow this  
saara Christenson

Opening A Riding School In A RP Community?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After constantly building my stable in a private parcel and waiting for people to find it, I have been wondering if it would be possible to open one in a community. Ofcourse I know that such a thing would take up a big plot and prims, but im good at fitting things into smaller spaces, so I know I could maybe work with the size of a mansion plot in most communities. Ofcourse I would live on the plot myself so I would also Rezz a house either on the stable plot or maybe a plot next to it. Oh right, I would want to rezz my own stable and house, since I like the styles to match and I have many variations and low prim buildings. The stables would be open to the town residents at a certain time. (obviously when its "night" the stable wouldnt be open) also there would be riding lessons and events, for people all ages. From my experience, especially child avatars really seemed to enjoy lessons and spending time at the stables. Ofcourse teens and adults have also been among the riders.

Again, this was just an idea that came to me and so far I havent found any communities that seem like they would work with this idea. But I just wanted to post this on here to see what others think. RIght now my stable is still in my private land, where im trying out different ways to fit it into a smaller space without it looking crowded.

If somehow someone from a community is interested in this idea, please IM me inworld @Saara Christenson or comment here and I'll respond as soon as I can.

^w^ Thank you for reading if you did!

PS. Heres some pics of my WIP project stable in my skybox.

Snapshot_007.png

Snapshot_008.png

Snapshot_009.png

• Like 2

Nice.

As a real-life horse owner, a few points:

The stall door openings and light fixtures look a bit low. Suggested minimum dimensions, from Penn State Ag Extension. A rearing horse should not hit anything, and a horse with rider should not have the rider's head hit anything.

If you're setting up an arena for dressage, here are the standard dimensions.

Dressage-Arena-Letter-Layout-1024x962.jp

Standard and "small" dressage arenas.

There is a gate at A, and, for shows, a judge's stand behind C. Signs on or outside the fence identify the lettered positions. Signs at A and X are omitted. In a bigger arena or open field, low rails about six inches from the ground are used to mark the dressage arena.

Then you can do the USET dressage tests to standard. Set up everything right, and you might get some real-world riders who want to memorize and visualize the test patterns. You have to ride the tests from memory. I've seen kids walking the patterns on the ground to memorize them. At the lower levels, you're allowed a "reader" to call out the next move to you, but in practice nobody does that.

Oh, and you need a bell. The judge rings the bell once, and you have 45 seconds to enter the arena at A. Used to be 60 seconds. Go off course, and the judge rings the bell once. Dressage tests are held in almost complete silence.

Enter at A, walk to X, halt, salute, track left at C at the trot..

• Like 1

I love this idea, I unfortunately do not have enough space to offer but really hope you can locate a spot to do this at, even if you do keep it on your private land. I was apart of an RP Stable that was on private land for a few months before it closed, it was really big into Horse avatar instead of the animesh pets, although they did allow them, and I truly miss interacting with horse roleplayers. 

11 hours ago, RedWrath said:

I love this idea, I unfortunately do not have enough space to offer but really hope you can locate a spot to do this at, even if you do keep it on your private land. I was apart of an RP Stable that was on private land for a few months before it closed, it was really big into Horse avatar instead of the animesh pets, although they did allow them, and I truly miss interacting with horse roleplayers. 

I actually did end up building it on my own land ^^

• Like 1

I love riding and often explore on horseback -- we would love to have events at Angel Manor. I hope you have a chance to go for a ride on the Estate and that we can host some riding events!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 289 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.