Jump to content
AleHuntter

Where to get a GOOOOD Mobian Head?

Recommended Posts

Iam looking to make a Mobian avatar but the heads found on Merket is way different from these ads bellow and their stores.Like putting a Ferrari on Display and sell a Red Bettle with a Ferrari Skin,if anyone of the Mobian fandom could help me i appreciate.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LD-Supernatural-Eye-Pack/17561572

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LD-Kitty-Lingerie-Set-WHITE-OMEGA-COMPATIBLE/12062771

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AleHuntter said:

Iam looking to make a Mobian avatar but the heads found on Merket is way different from these ads bellow and their stores.Like putting a Ferrari on Display and sell a Red Bettle with a Ferrari Skin,if anyone of the Mobian fandom could help me i appreciate.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LD-Supernatural-Eye-Pack/17561572

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LD-Kitty-Lingerie-Set-WHITE-OMEGA-COMPATIBLE/12062771

Neither of those links are heads... The first link is an eye set, the second link is a lingerie set.

Since you liked the head shown in the first link, you should try reading the description again. It has a list of heads, one of which must be the one in the picture.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Neither of those links are heads... The first link is an eye set, the second link is a lingerie set.

Since you liked the head shown in the first link, you should try reading the description again. It has a list of heads, one of which must be the one in the picture.

I mean the head the person used on these ads,there isnt anything compared like that on sale on anywhere on Merket,and elso i did asked her and she was a bit rude,the only thing she said it was made by commisions.

Edited by AleHuntter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When they selling mods or stuff they always put Very good avi with fancy heads and bodies,when you try to search on MP you only found low quality ones very far away from those on pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AleHuntter said:

I mean the head the person used on these ads,there isnt anything compared like that on sale on anywhere on Merket,and elso i did asked her and she was a bit rude,the only thing she said it was made by commisions.

9 minutes ago, AleHuntter said:

When they selling mods or stuff they always put Very good avi with fancy heads and bodies,when you try to search on MP you only found low quality ones very far away from those on pictures.

Why wouldn't they use the most attractive avatar in product pictures? That's good marketing. You shouldn't ever use an ugly avatar to showcase a product. The focus in that first link is the eye, everything else is just "window dressing."

I understand that it might seem frustrating to you, but the base head seems to be this one with these parts added for the hair (from the same store as the first link), besides the custom textures. Obviously, the "out of the box" avatar isn't as attractive as the custom-made one, but that's why you might want to talk to the creator and commission them or learn how to customize things on your own. Creativity is how you make a unique avatar that is eye-catching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Why wouldn't they use the most attractive avatar in product pictures? That's good marketing. You shouldn't ever use an ugly avatar to showcase a product. The focus in that first link is the eye, everything else is just "window dressing."

I understand that it might seem frustrating to you, but the base head seems to be this one with these parts added for the hair (from the same store as the first link), besides the custom textures. Obviously, the "out of the box" avatar isn't as attractive as the custom-made one, but that's why you might want to talk to the creator and commission them or learn how to customize things on your own. Creativity is how you make a unique avatar that is eye-catching.

In my opnion they should list that they are wearing on these ads,Like Utilizator does and others,to minimize future annoying IM asking about the ads and negative reviews,this will make aloooot easier everybody, a win win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AleHuntter said:

and negative reviews

Reviews should always be based on the actual product itself (because thats what other potential buyers are interested in, not if you are frustrated because you can't find the other items in the picture). So far, every creator/shop owner I had IM'd about other content in their pictures had been very kind, too bad you had not such luck.

But anyway... I'd advice you stop limiting your search to the marketplace. It does not contain all stores and all items. Instead, I would research what popular brands of heads are available and test a tons of demos. Getting a head you like will be a time consuming adventure, because how your head looks like will be heavily influenced by the skin applier and shape you are using with it. There are probably 100 different looks possible with just one head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Syo Emerald said:

 Instead, I would research what popular brands of heads are available and test a tons of demos.

If you looking for human head ya,but i looking for a mobian head,not furry or human head,i do not know anywhere else to look after it,only MP or Maybe asking someone to make one that will costs 10K+++ or more 🙁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/7/2019 at 6:23 PM, AleHuntter said:

If you looking for human head ya,but i looking for a mobian head,not furry or human head,i do not know anywhere else to look after it,only MP or Maybe asking someone to make one that will costs 10K+++ or more 🙁

Finding high quality "off the peg" packs on the marketplace is rare or impossible since the demand is so low; no creator is going to make a complete top-quality avatar that less than half a dozen people even want. So for something like this, you will need to learn how to put a specialised avatar together out of "spare parts". A Mobian may not be a furred animal (I have no idea what one is, tbh) but it certainly falls under the category of "furry avatars".

For a Mobian, you'll need to start with a furry head as a base, and furry heads are a LOT cheaper than human heads. Unlike human heads they are all fully modifiable and perfect for customising. Paws, Rainworks, Feliz and Happy Paw are a few stores that offer customisable furry mesh heads in a variety of shapes, and most of them are L$500 or under. 

You'll need to learn how to make your own textures, using Photoshop or Gimp or something similar, or buy a suitable head texture made for a different kind of animal that you can modify. Learning how to mix and match is part of the process in making something specialised like a Mobian. I reckon you'd be able to make this avatar for L$1,000 or less.

Best place to start is to join an active Furry group, or go hang out in an active Furry location such as Luskwood, and ask there, how to learn all of this stuff. 

Edited by Matty Luminos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

For a Mobian, you'll need to start with a furry head as a base

Considering the unique and specific characteristics of a mobian, there's no way you could substitute the head with some generic animal head. In other situations your advice is spot-on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...