BOM? Why am I seeing this?

Pixie Kobichenko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is a subfoum here with BoM: Bakes on Mesh.

It went live on the official viewer, and now Firestorm has it on its latest version. You have not updated. I, and many others, decided to wait until Firestorm had it. But it will take some days/weeks/months before all Firestorm users have installed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Thanks all for the responses.  I don't have my own computer, I borrow my son's while he isn't on it.  Little stinker told me it was the newest version. I'm forbidden to download anything on my own so I will just pester him later to fix it. 😃

The new Firestorm release is less than a week old, so it's pretty reasonable for him to think it was up to date, don't worry :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Thanks all for the responses.  I don't have my own computer, I borrow my son's while he isn't on it.  Little stinker told me it was the newest version. I'm forbidden to download anything on my own so I will just pester him later to fix it. 😃

Pixie, this is the wrong attitude to take for a happy household in today's technological age!  I suggest one of two alternate methods:

1.  Buy your own computer.  Once you do, check out a lot of YouTube videos, or "Dummies" books, or online tutorials about your operating system, your software applications, and your hardware to strengthen your computer chops.   Then forbid anyone else in your household to use YOUR machine!
  2. Don't buy your own machine, but do all of the other things in Method 1 to get computer-smart.  Then ignore your son's dictum and download away.  If something goes wrong, you can just tell him, "I didn't do anything...must have been one of those automatic update things."

I do rely on my Resident Geek to help when things happen that are beyond me...but I also try to keep my knowledge level pretty high so I don't have to seek his help too often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:
  1.  Buy your own computer. 

Speaking on behalf of Pixie's son and sysadmin: This is a very bad idea. Pixie stores the microwave's Owner's Manual inside the microwave and refers to it on every use. She insists I recite every Terms of Service before she'll press the "AGREE" button. Just shoot me now.

(besides, the other option involves DECEPTION and that's proven to be the right attitude in today's technological age!)

5 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Pixie, this is the wrong attitude to take for a happy household in today's technological age!  I suggest one of two alternate methods:

1.  Buy your own computer.  Once you do, check out a lot of YouTube videos, or "Dummies" books, or online tutorials about your operating system, your software applications, and your hardware to strengthen your computer chops.   Then forbid anyone else in your household to use YOUR machine!
  2. Don't buy your own machine, but do all of the other things in Method 1 to get computer-smart.  Then ignore your son's dictum and download away.  If something goes wrong, you can just tell him, "I didn't do anything...must have been one of those automatic update things."

I do rely on my Resident Geek to help when things happen that are beyond me...but I also try to keep my knowledge level pretty high so I don't have to seek his help too often.

Thanks for the advice.  I did have a new MacBook pro last Christmas but had to  the adult thing and sell it to pay some bills this spring.  just not in the realm of possibility right now to splurge on something like that again.  Life happens.

• Sad 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1661 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.