Have you started Halloweenies decorating yet?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

No, I believe it's really only a US thing so it's not really celebrated in Australia, though for some inexplicable reason a work colleague is having a Halloween party this year. Suffice to say, I won't be decorating any of my SL houses.

That is something I came to learn thru my time in SL- the rest of the world doesn't go hog wild over Halloween, if celebrated at all.  Of course not all Americans celebrate it, either, but many do.  Thanks for responding 😃

1 hour ago, Sorciaa said:

Way to much work and way to much crap to buy. I am add a few things but I am not going all out.

I don't buy new stuff every year maybe one or two pieces.  I think some of the stuff I have is as old as five or six years old.  I did buy the big new Jack O'Lantern in front of my door and there are some  spiders from Jian.  

The only reason I come to second life is to dress up my pixel Barbie & decorate my dream home.  I've gone from being inworld every single day of the week for 12 14 16 hours a day I to now I may be logging on twice a week for an hour.  So I guess the time I do is log on is spent decorating & shopping for clothes.  And in the end anyways something someone once said was that if you're enjoying what you do then your wasted time isn't time wasted?

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

I don't have land, or a home, lol. So I won't be decorating for my own self.

I would decorate if I did, I have lots of halloweenish things I've made over the years. Most of them are super outdated, but I like them anyway, lol. 

I'm sorry you don't get to decorate this year.  I am very grateful to have an SL friend who treats me like a sibling that allows me to live on their land.  A side benefit of that is that I get to do a majority of the gardening and changing the region over from season to season.  

43 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I'm sorry you don't get to decorate this year.  I am very grateful to have an SL friend who treats me like a sibling that allows me to live on their land.  A side benefit of that is that I get to do a majority of the gardening and changing the region over from season to season.  

Oh it's ok, I prefer not having land atm, lol, bit of an expense I don't need.

I have a friend who has a plot she bought on mainland she's still not sure what to do with I'll prob decorate it for her, I like doing stuff like that. 

On a completely unrelated note, my creative side still gets a workout, just not as much in sl anymore. I have a cool haunted mountain, thingy, I'm working on in minecraft....where bad builds are good and even good builds are bad....or something like that. I can't really build my coasters in sl anymore, they get called outdated and I get laughed at lmao.

Edited by Tari Landar
  • Like 1

Only pumpkins and a hay bale in shabby chic style.  The pumpkins are white and pink.  The hay bale is hay bale color.  For one of my clubs I put in pumpkins and two crows.  

I did a small Haunted House for one of my groups but it is not open to the public...it would be too much lag.  It can only handle a few avi's at a time.

The only other item I will add is a carved pumpkin when it's sooner to Halloween.  

Well, that is my plan anyhow.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.