BoM style thread (Pictures)

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday  I started playing around with Bakes on Mesh (BOM).  I picked up the Relay Huds for Maitreya and Catwa, removed my Alpha's and off I went.  Skin was challenging, the only way I could get it work was to find a system skin. I could not get a Maitreya or Omega applier to work at all, despite what I read.   I had some Powderpack skins in my inventory with system appliers, just matched them up with a head applier I found ([PUMEC] gift).  Those worked great!  I didn't get a lot of options for freckles or anything on the body, but my nail beds look perfect. .  My head was much easier, I could use a System or Applier and both worked.   My body has the skin, tattoo, and tan lines, as long as you add them you can keep putting layers on top of each other...no juggling.  Nice!  So I could have a tattoo, sunburn, tan lines, sand and maybe water droplets all on at once...providing of course all of those things have system appliers.  

Below is the list of items I had on yesterday, some of these are older items that either came in a Powderpack or I picked up along the way.

barberyumyum Hair #86
Izzie's Truth Hair Base
Letis Rigel tattoo (BOM)
[PUMEC] System Skin April (BOM)
[PUMEC] Nicole April - GIFT (BOM)
Musa Quartz Eyes #16 (BOM)
Tanline Bikini 3 No Hair (BOM)
Glitzz Zanzi Bikini
Cazimi Protonic Nail Appliers Maitreya - GIFT
ChicChica Corova
Catwa Catya V4.0
Maitreya V4.1
WL: Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim

I am pretty impressed overall, but until my skin gets an update or I find a skin I like better I won't be making the change full time.  

Today...did some skin shopping, found some amazing things at [session].  They have a great BOM body skin...the head I liked wasn't BOM...the appliers work as long as I have the Catwa relay hud on.   Does that mean I have to keep the relay hud on to wear that skin?  I know that a system head skin you don't need the keep the hud up..it didn't have an Omega applier, however I didn't find that worked very well either when I was playing with it yesterday.  1164740800_BakesonMesh3.thumb.png.c9da1bea716b29ffaa46bc4e7a78ab19.png

• Like 4

After some playing around and demoing skins I found this wonderful skin by Lure that once applied covered the head and body at the same time using the system applier.  My body has  6 layers not including the skin. 
I am really loving BOM!!  

Credits:
Mesh:
Truth - Ambience 
Yasum *Lara* Ennie skirt & top
Ariskea - Pumpkin Spice Latte
ZOZ - Neon Polish
Catwa Catya V4.0
Maitreya V4.1
WL: Nam's Optimal Skin & Prim Advanced

BOM:
Lure Rebecca skin Honey
Letis Tattoo - Adrasteia
Izzie's Catwa Natural Eyeshadow
Izzie's Catwa Freckles
Izzie's 10 Neva Eyes Wheat
[session] - Tan lines
[session] - Body Freckles
[session] - Body Moles
[session] - Veins 
1103662958_BOM2ab.thumb.png.6bb69e760532b325d9af6ee277b835c7.png

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing with BOM and couldn't be happier, now I can wear so many clothes and makeup I love! 💃

Snapshot_010.thumb.png.fd3d9486b85c156a4b32f9c118a7f101.png

Snapshot_011.thumb.png.5ef6acf83a97ca7a33b76761a2f38692.png

BOM: 

Amara Beauty - Yvette Ivory - CATWA

[theSkinnery] Obscurity eyes - 17

(Chemistry) Natural Blush 

[mock] Miss Vanity Eyeshadow with lashes [neutra]

[mock]Lucir LipColor Venom [lip 0]

E. Vary Gina Hairbase / BROWN 2

Mesh: 

CATWA HEAD Blueberry

LucyBody SELENA

Gown: 

:KR: Audra Gown & Dress Set 

Hair:

A&A Isis Hair Butter Toffee

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in love with BOM. ❤️ This picture here is full BOM (head, body, eyes)... All except OBVIOUS mesh made (as in hair, body, head, clothing... etc.).

Using the new Lelutka Evolution head, Freya... Glam Affair Adele Universal layer paired with YS&SY Shop and Hop Gift skin. Eyes are from a long ago gacha. Included a lightly makeup look with my own lipglaze i made (Moon.Order - Icy Glaze (peach) TBD on MP, I have pink up there on my MP right now for 5L), eye blush, body blush, cheeks, freckles, tinted eyebrows... than dark has two layers of 50% opacity eyeshadows in black and green, then a black lipstick with holo lipstick on top.

I love it so much with how many layers I can do! ❤️

Light_Dark.png

Edited by Muiregwen
  • Like 3

20200114_BOM01.thumb.png.8183be72e018baeed383738a463c4e9d.png

20200114_BOM02.thumb.png.185a1137c04ba18820c13aa67f2b6016.png

After been testing for a long time ( I am rather conservative on changing my body/skin ), i finally went full BOM - LeLutka Bento Greer 3.4,  Maitreya Lara V4.1.

I hope Maitreya will release full supported BOM body soon , so we can avoid the relay HUD and get a real full supported BOM Maitreya  body.

BOM: Beauty & Elegance made simple!

• Like 4

I am double posting since it shows a 10 year old skin and a 11 year old skin.

Not 100% the same skin, I have lost some of my inventory. But it is the same creator and the same year. These old skins look good on the LeLutka Simone head. They look better! Lips can look a bit dry now, but new lipgloss takes care of that.

10 b collage.jpg

10 y c.jpg

• Like 6

BoM on a 2007 skin. Not to shabby for 2020 thanks to bakes on mesh the old skins getting a new lease on life. Not a bad thing. With Bakes on Mesh it's good to see the old skins have life.  Genus Strong mesh head with Signature Alice's body.  Cheers.    

b079fa732258e34c4f17ba1fa1b77b3c.thumb.jpg.15269cfb2d318f510799c6ca0949725d.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Kylie Todriya said:

BoM on a 2007 skin. Not to shabby for 2020 thanks to bakes on mesh the old skins getting a new lease on life. Not a bad thing. With Bakes on Mesh it's good to see the old skins have life.  Genus Strong mesh head with Signature Alice's body.  Cheers.    

It's not just the skins and makeup, etc., it's clothing, too. Even the old 512x512 stuff, if well-made, can look pretty good (such as lingerie). BOM has opened the door for those clothing creators again when we thought that part of the fashion industry was utterly destroyed by mesh. Now it's back again and even better than before because we can now create system-layer clothing items with 1024x1024 resolution textures. I've created a BOM Undies Kit and they look fantastic. No more pervs derendering clothes to get a free peek, underwear every time with a perfect fit and never, ever clips through that mesh dress, etc.

TL;DR: BOM is so much more than just old skins and makeup.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

On 1/22/2020 at 9:07 AM, Alyona Su said:

It's not just the skins and makeup, etc., it's clothing, too. Even the old 512x512 stuff, if well-made, can look pretty good (such as lingerie). BOM has opened the door for those clothing creators again when we thought that part of the fashion industry was utterly destroyed by mesh. Now it's back again and even better than before because we can now create system-layer clothing items with 1024x1024 resolution textures. I've created a BOM Undies Kit and they look fantastic. No more pervs derendering clothes to get a free peek, underwear every time with a perfect fit and never, ever clips through that mesh dress, etc.

TL;DR: BOM is so much more than just old skins and makeup.

Yup your right that what you said is much more then old skins and makeup. I've seen others using the old system clothes on BoM bodies and in some cases they look good and aged well. others it was easy to see time was not as kind . Back when mesh was new I was hooked ; so I did a large inventory purge of the old system clothes. I have some system clothes I've started to pick up that were recent creations specific for Bakes on Mesh. So I've started to mix and match with some mesh outfits for a good look. the options we now have thanks to bakes on mesh for me has given me cause to dig through the cob webs of unused inventory. That I kept for a myriad of reasons and it's given me a smile to see old things be new again. Admittedly there are old outfits long purged I regretted doing it. But at the time I also felt they'd never have a use.  the old skins I did keep as a few were hand drawn and very nicely done. It's art from an era of Second Life that to me feels like it was part of a golden age. The grid was a much larger place with a vastly higher population then present. To me at least it had a larger feel , I was also a decade + younger too. So the nostalgia factor is fun exploring again.  

So the sci fi geek in me finds one of the neater ways to explore is travel in style with a Tardis.  🙂  We all got vices and as a whovian why not use a Tardis :).  Exploring the grid can be a good past time when I need a break from the workshop or blender driving me to want to consume more Guinness then the human body should drink in a single sitting laughs. We've all been there and we've made our own mistakes and errors.  Sometimes I learn and grow from the error, other times I end up repeating the mistake.... it happens. 

31468231533_6a5291866f_o.thumb.png.9daa8b45201b2ba564f6eeaa29ebd51e.png

Edited by Kylie Todriya
to fix a sentence structure
  • Like 5

One thing I have an issue with, is that older skins have heavy eye makeup. I have some skins from Gala Phoenix with no eye makeup, as the "Angel Pure" skins.

I have tried the Under Eye Concealer from Izzie's and it helps on the heavy blackness that many sooty eyes have. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-Under-Eye-Concealer/13318215

I have not tried the BoM nose fix, but I have placed the demo in my shopping cart. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-BOM-Nose-Fix/18404932

I am looking for some eyelines that is white, tintable, that I can use to cover the black, inside eyeliners. I will try the guyliner and see how much it covers. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Izzies-DEMO-Guyliner-Set-Catwa-LeLutka/16783517

I don't know how to cover all the skins with inner corner eyeliners. Skin makers in the old days loved to make inner corner eyeliners!! 😩

I think these eyeliners look terrible now.

hqdefault.jpg

I will probably use them for Halloween, and not else.

• Like 1

This is an old outfit which I owned on an alt many years ago, but I love it so much and had to get it again. The prim parts don't fit me as well as they fit my alt (who was smaller and much slimmer than I am) but it still works and still looks great.

200119_016.thumb.jpg.1030185fabc8fcb41d2398bf22fd3c34.jpg 200119_018.thumb.jpg.4f6a9e57deb0120f2da46267bc62ba50.jpg

Body: Maitreya + V-Tech

Skin: Flamboyant Sweets Stacy

Outfit: Deviance Drow Moon Priestess

Makeup: Glamorize

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I am looking for some eyelines that is white, tintable,

Long story short: I purchased a skin PSD so I could make the skin *I* want - well, I sell it on MP and include a truckload of all tintable markups, including eyeliners. IM my alt Alyona Chernov - I'll send you a few white copy/modify eyeliners that may (or may not LOL) help!

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 2

One of the fun things to do is shop Market Place and sort Oldest First. There are still some old outfits that look great on BOM and the prices are throw-away low. I remember paying L$600 for an outfit back in the day, I couldn't find it in my inventory so I purchased it again. For L$25. Bahaha!

The main thing to look for on the old outfits: They were created with 512x512 textures, so any over-the-shoulder straps will often look eew. Full sleeve are okay, etc. The "warp" zones are over shoulder and under-breast toward the sides. Otherwise, if it looks good in the advert, it may be worth throwing L$20 to L$100 at it. It was very rare to have demos for apparel back then and there are many where the advert does not do the real thing justice..

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 3

This is "Amilia Black" from PixelFashions. They are still in the marketplace, but only do mesh now. I bought this back in 2006 or 2007, I don't remember precisely. Though it gives me cause to wonder: Will the creators who've dumped their old stuff to move to mesh even be able or willing to bring that old stuff back because of BOM?

This is all system layers with Flexi-prim skirt. And as was usually the case in those days: Modifiable. :D

Amilia Black

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Long story short: I purchased a skin PSD so I could make the skin *I* want - well, I sell it on MP and include a truckload of all tintable markups, including eyeliners. IM my alt Alyona Chernov - I'll send you a few white copy/modify eyeliners that may (or may not LOL) help!

I bought this one before I saw your kind offer:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/des-lunes-make-upeyeliner-remover/5601751?page=2

It is good for lower inner liner. Does your take the upper inner liner too?

It was not working on those inner corner eyeliners that I don't like now. I suppose no erasers work on them. 😢

I have to admit that I will not use as many old skins as I thought, due to their makeup. 

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It is good for lower inner liner. Does your take the upper inner liner too?

I imagine it would - they're white, so you can tint them. If you can get a good match to your skin it should work. I'm in that account now, so I'll dig them up and pass them to you (now that I'm thinking about it). Let me know if it works or not! LOL

EDIT: Sent. I included a tintable lipstick for kicks also LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 1

League updated some to BoM.

From their blog:

If you have already purchased any of the items listed here please use the Redelivery Kiosks instore to get your updated packages.

All Body Appliers (Slink, Maitreya and Belleza)
Aria Slink Visage Applier
Alessa Lelutka Applier

Updated items are also indicated instore.

BoM Body Applier layers are tattoo layers that will be worn over any existing League skin you own, and will work with system heads or mesh heads if bakes on mesh is active. You must have a bakes on mesh updated viewer to see bakes on mesh.

Head Applier BoM Updates include all the multiple options and makeup layers, many are tintable but note that a few are not due to the way the layers were created in the past they could not be separated from the base skin. Updated Head Applier packages also include a full base skin (if you wear a Slink body it will be a perfect fit).

Updated Demos are available for all items. Bakes on mesh may work across different products but were created especially for the brands and models indicated.

More updates for Bake on Mesh to come!

Skin, eyemakeup, eyebrows, lipgloss, extra freckles and hairbase on BoM.

head co.png

• Like 7

It appears that my aunt's ex-husband has convinced my aunt and cousin to go out on his boat. This is a terrible decision by all parties, but it does give a chance to show what BOM can do. My aunt (right) and her ex-husband are both wearing skins that don't have applier support, and my cousin (left) seems to have acquired a small tattoo, which she couldn't have before because it would have overwritten her freckles due to the way her skin's applier system worked.

BoatFamily4x3.png

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 6

On 1/29/2020 at 3:49 AM, Theresa Tennyson said:

It appears that my aunt's ex-husband has convinced my aunt and cousin to go out on his boat. This is a terrible decision by all parties, but it does give a chance to show what BOM can do. My aunt (right) and her ex-husband are both wearing skins that don't have applier support, and my cousin (left) seems to have acquired a small tattoo, which she couldn't have before because it would have overwritten her freckles due to the way her skin's applier system worked.

BoatFamily4x3.png

I hope Maitreya comes with a new body soon. Using BoM without a smooth crotch and flatten nipples is looking a bit off in applier bathing suits. I have a Slink body too, but are so used to Maitreya that I can't start with that. So I use Maitreya only with mesh pants and leggings, unless the top cover the crotch area.... Hope Maitreya does the same as Slink. My alt has a Slink Hourglass, but she does not have so much clothes, it is different with my main.

Lovely picture!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.