BoM style thread (Pictures)

Marianne Little

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since the "Show your style" thread is so huge, I am afraid that the BoM styles disappear in it. Here I think we can shere what we do with BoM. It does not have to be 100% BoM, but also how BoM goes with our other things.

My alt has Slink Redux Hourglass and [AK BOM] Bento Head Morgan SLUV. Thank you to @Gregorian Chantfor the tip - Akeruka sell BoM heads for 1000 L (group only). Not sure when the sale ends.

The [noho] Mesh Capri Pants is only for mesh bodies that uses alpha cuts. I took a quick search on the marketplace for capri. I bought a demo that had an alpha layer. I now have an alpha layer for all capri pants. It is faster than making my own layer, cost nothing (no uploads) and maybe I even buy the capris from the demo.

The COCO top fits the mesh body so well that no alpha layer is needed. Group gift in store.

BoM layers: League Aria bronze with Mr.Bloch lipstick, EMO-tions hairbase, Corvus tattoo and not so visible, but important: Blacklace underwear. Thank you to Ryan Schultz, I could pick up perfect coverage for my hands and feet default nails. https://ryanschultz.com/2019/10/03/second-life-bakes-on-mesh-truly-a-second-life-for-your-system-avatar-skins-and-clothing/

alt bom_003.jpg

alt bom_001.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 10

I don't have much to show with BOM on my main avatar yet but Indra has been playing with it.  This is her favourite pre-mesh gown from Purple Moon; it makes use of the system skirt and it actually still works, though it's not quite a perfect fit on Maitreya. Had to ditch the sculpted bandeau, there was no way to get that to fit the Maitreya body without making it ridiculously big, so that's been replaced with a mesh one.  Skin is Belleza (Ava). No mesh head (finally it matches at the neck though!)

191009_006.thumb.png.f2d70f682e1b7d7fc124f9a06c4a287c.png

More often though, she wears saris and lehengas. This one's from Arwen's Creations.

191009_009.thumb.png.4150714811a673337a057d9df1422930.png

• Like 8

I have finally been able to get my male alt looking the way I want after god knows how many years. He was previously wearing an extremely expensive head from a well known store and I was very unhappy with it. Slink released a new BoM male head, and I got a system skin, Cain from Lure (which also has some appliers in it). His hair is from No Match and you can't see much of it but the jacket is from Contraption. He doesn't really have any system clothes to show off, I think back when I made him I used to just put him in leather pants and boots and call it a day!

48867259741_18137be117_b.jpg

• Like 9

I noticed that the system skirts run large on Maitreya, presumably because the mesh body is slimmer than the system body at the same slider numbers. So even if your skirt (or shape) is modifiable, it won't make any difference; shrink the skirt and your body will shrink too, so there will always be a gap. 

Maybe it makes a better fit with some of the more curvy bodies? I bet it fits ebody better; that one is supposed to be close to the SL avatar shape. 

Hi there, just a lurker but couldn't resist showing off my "part" bom! 

So I wear the Maitreya body which I have left fully mesh but couldn't wait for all the possibilities with having my head go bom! Genus head, and tattoo layers including this No_Match hair-base which actually for some reason with BOM, I find they look alot more natural than when we apply on the fully mesh/non BOM!

Anyway, cheers and thanks for looking 😀

Bom Bom.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I noticed that the system skirts run large on Maitreya, presumably because the mesh body is slimmer than the system body at the same slider numbers. So even if your skirt (or shape) is modifiable, it won't make any difference; shrink the skirt and your body will shrink too, so there will always be a gap. 

Maybe it makes a better fit with some of the more curvy bodies? I bet it fits ebody better; that one is supposed to be close to the SL avatar shape. 

Hi Matty, I didn't know it wouldn't make any difference if I modified the skirt. I use the Belleza Isis body for Layla and always keep her pretty slim. Maybe they will fit my alt better who is more curvy.

BoM is all about makeup for me. I think it is easy with tattoo layers. Just add, no need to turn on and off makeup slots.

This is an old DeeTalez skin that I think fits Lelutka Simone really well. And I had a blast, picking up all sorts of free makeup testers from Alaskametro. This is only a few. I am wearing the same brows, Lila in Auburn in all the pictures. And using a tattoo layer with freckles that I think is discontinued.

It is a lot more, I took some of my favorites. It's so generous to give out working samples as testers.

makeup coll.jpg

eyemakeup1.jpg

eyemakeup2.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
added more info
  • Like 4

On 10/14/2019 at 11:49 PM, Nikki Heron said:

Hi there, just a lurker but couldn't resist showing off my "part" bom! 

So I wear the Maitreya body which I have left fully mesh but couldn't wait for all the possibilities with having my head go bom! Genus head, and tattoo layers including this No_Match hair-base which actually for some reason with BOM, I find they look alot more natural than when we apply on the fully mesh/non BOM!

Anyway, cheers and thanks for looking 😀

Bom Bom.jpg

You reminded me, I have this hair too! The hairbase is using the tattoo layer on my head, so I could not use separate brows with it. But all that is history now. Just add, add, add!

fence_005.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, I just saw this thread. I posted two BOM attempts earlier in the release, with older skins from Birdy. 

In this one, all the cosmetics are BOM as well as the skin

48750193267_de8ae2eff7_o.pngMore fun with Bakes On Mesh by Blaise Glendevon, on Flickr

And in this one, it's a mix of BOM and appliers. I think, for now, I'm going to hold on to my Onion Layer head and use a relay. I have too much stuff I like with appliers to walk away from that system. 

48688989022_4974c37d87_o.pngBakes-On-Mesh by Blaise Glendevon, on Flickr

And edited to add one with a skin made specifically for BOM:

Lean Back

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 9

I'm really having fun with BoM and exploring my old inventory again. Unfortunately though I have kept much of my old inventory I deleted hundreds of outfits so remaking looks isn't as easy as it could be. Really glad I kept my old stuff though, not that I ever expected to be able to use it.

P.S. First post on the official forums after all this time!

48950100192_e1a6868e4a_h.jpgBakes on Mesh Rue by Nicole Twigvald, on Flickr

Edited by Nicole Twigvald
  • Like 5

Wow. I really like that AK head. I have tried BoM on my male alts with Catwa heads (Catwa has a free BoM relay), and all system skins look bad on the Daniel head. My alt tried League Aria on her Catwa Annie head, and it really looked bad around the nostrils. Nostrils, eye corners and mouth corners are difficult places. A mesh head with a bit different topiography really don't take a system skin so well.

I hope Stray Dog makes some BoM skins for men. I tried Aeros and other system skins from before mesh. Hoping they would look good. It is annoying that many skins made after the mesh head era has just a white oval for the face.

I've been waiting for the skin maker of my choice to put out a BOM skin and recently she debut a couple.  I rushed over to pick up the skin for Catwa and found it to be an almost perfect match to one of her previous skins I have been wearing for 2 years.  I did minor tweaking to the mouth and nose and I am off to the races so to speak.  I have kept each and every one of my outfits from some of the well known designer houses of past; Bliss, My precious, Purplemoon, and still current AZUL & Blacklace.  I have a couple gowns from Tres Beau I am anxious to try as well and I can't forget Utopia.  Not sure if I will wear, but will be fun to try them on again.  I was more interested in the makeup aspect.  thought I would share the most recent snap of my avatar in BOM.  I look forward to playing around with BOM in the coming days and weeks.

BOM Cougar4b copy.png

• Like 6

On 10/23/2019 at 7:25 PM, Nicole Twigvald said:

This head is AK Deluxe Cleo, eyes are Ibanez and hair is Action Rosie. I thought I was having trouble putting two photos in one post but it turns out I was using the wrong embed option hah.

48949763776_73e20e8181_b.jpgBakes on Mesh! Testing old skins 1 by Nicole Twigvald, on Flickr

I have been loving my old Birdy skins on my LAQ heads. Also, if you have problems with exaggerated eye bags, the Izzie's undereye concealer works wonders. 

• Thanks 1

i wear my old belleza skin as BoM on my belleza isis mesh body ,head is not made of mesh 😉  

i also wear Izzie's - Pubic Hair on my mesh bodyas a tatoo layer  ,can not show lol

and Sweet's BoM Quick Nailfix - Feet (color me!)  also for hands (are free on market place 

i am sooooooo happy with bakes on mesh 

BOM.jpg

• Like 2

I've been playing around with the BOM makeup that is included with my applier from a creator, and so far I can say "I will not use BOM makeup".  I will use it for skin and the breast veining, but for lipsticks and eyeshadow it's a deal breaker as I cannot use my mesh head master HUD to adjust lightness and darkness of the hue.  Every eyeshadow I have tried on is waaaaay too dark for my taste  and my master HUD gives me the options to adjust that when using appliers.  I'll just stick to appliers when it comes to facial makeup.

Edited by Cougar Sangria
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.