Wanted More DINKIE Creators Please!

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dinkies are the most adorable cat-human tinies in Second Life.  Though all tinies are adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dinkies, however, can do about 85% of animations already created.  

But, what Dinkies need are more mesh clothing that is not too babyish.  We wear regular clothes at times, and there are a few creators...but more are needed.

The human hair is difficult to fit on a Dinkie.  I've found for Dinkies an x, y z menu works pretty good but it's still not the best hair.  The best hair would be cute hairs made for Dinkies.

So, please creators...the market is saturated with human stuff.  How about trying some mesh clothes and hair for dinkies.  We wear shoes, too!  Many human necklaces can be adjusted to work for Dinkies.  Dinkies also have a few bracelets but it's so few it could fill a tiny basket compared to the ocean of stuff human's have.  And, the clothes are that way too...Dinkie clothes could fill one basket compared to the ocean of items for human avatars. 

We spend money, too!

Formal gowns, all kinds of stuff is needed for Dinkies.  

Please consider it as it is a very, very, very under-saturated market.  You might find you do very well with a Dinkie side business.

Thanks for reading!  

p.s.  Here is some work by one of the creator's for Dinkies I use the most.  The clothes are not just for babies, and more is needed.   I wear a lot of the "boho" clothes from her.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/191763

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

To Creators:

Also, there isn't hardly any FULL PERM Dinkie items.

If you make FULL PERM items, please consider making some for Dinkies.

I think you would do very well.

Thanks again for reading!  IM me if you have any questions.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

There is this in full-perms: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dinkies-Designers-Kit-v16-full-perms/7573119

What kind of Dinkie items are you referring to? More clothing? I did a search and found hundreds, many are not so (child-like) in their design. Are you looking for Dinke-sized furniture? More Dinkie styles (Animal species)? A long time friend has been looking for a project, I may suggest he look into the Dinkie furniture aspect or something, though I'm not sure how popular that kind of stuff would be.

What sort of full perm items?

If it's clothing, that might be tricky for someone like me, as I am unsure how to rig items to bodies and my last attempt, well, we shall just keep that sucker in the basement, lol.  If it doesn't require specific rigging, I might can help, maybe, unless there's a creator kit that can assist me with the rigging part- in case I didn't make it obvious, I can't rig, lol. I can texture the hell out of just about anything though, it's my favorite thing to do, lol. 

If it's furniture, what kind of furniture?  It might be a worthwhile project too. I don't know how popular dinkies are, but I imagine, given their size, that folks who play very small avs might also make good use of the items too, so it won't necessarily have to be dinkie specific, just...small, specific (make sense?), and I don't do adult furnitures, but I doubt that's what you're asking for anyway (if it is, please don't be offended, it's just not my forte). 

If you like sculpt or just prim...well, in THAT case, there's a lot I can do, a lot, a lot, but if it's mesh specific, I'm afraid I'd be limited mostly to using others' full perm creations to make things. I don't mind, in fact, I love supporting other creators, and like I said, can texture the hell out of anything. I might be a bit slow to add things, but I'd be more than willing to at least try. I have a whole lot of assets that have never really become much of anything-mostly all small sized (think child sized and under, most of them were made for children) but I never completed them. I could potentially modify them for your needs, or other small av needs. (how small exactly is a dinkie, like a couple standard .500 x .500 x. 500 prims stacked, or shorter/taller?)

Accessories I can probably do too, but again, they may not be mesh (some are, more aren't, lol), and I understand if you prefer mesh, since most people do. But if you don't necessarily prefer mesh, I can probably help a lot in the accessory department.  I have loads of rings, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc.. that can all be made smaller to fit a dinkie, most I have never actually sold. Do they need to be rigged though? That part I don't know, since I've never had to really rig them for a body specifically,  I've just always attached them and then adjusted position/size based on that (and given buyers the option to adjust to their desires, of course) Earrings might be hard without having a dinkie myself, but I do have some small avs that might come super close, close enough that adjusting for your personal needs won't be too difficult. 

I just realized I never posted this, but started it the other day-ignore the parts you've already answered with your OP lol. 

On 10/8/2019 at 12:51 PM, Therese Tammas said:

I agree, I love Lycia's clothing! Ooh we should hang out in world, since we have similar tastes!!

I belong to SMALL TALK and DINKIES group.  In Dinkies I advertise what little I have made and lots of FREE stuff!  I have lots of FREE stuff right now for Halloween.  IM me inworld and I'll let you know where it is @Therese Tammas

On 10/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, Alyona Su said:

There is this in full-perms: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Dinkies-Designers-Kit-v16-full-perms/7573119

What kind of Dinkie items are you referring to? More clothing? I did a search and found hundreds, many are not so (child-like) in their design. Are you looking for Dinke-sized furniture? More Dinkie styles (Animal species)? A long time friend has been looking for a project, I may suggest he look into the Dinkie furniture aspect or something, though I'm not sure how popular that kind of stuff would be.

@Alyona Su, there are great clothes from Lycia (owner of Dinkie Boutique) and Isaura's (forgot how to spell her name) is good too, especially her costumes.  I think Lycia just came out with costumes just this past week.  Etheria, who is the creator of the Dinkies, has a bit of clothes and shoes as well as does MissIng, I think is her name, and JenniLynn (Peeps) and a few others.  I do not know them all yet but probably could nearly count them on two hands.   

However, there is almost NO DINKIE hair, very little.  Isaura has some and as far as other hairs, we use hair that has an x, y z menu for hair because the Dinkie heads are wider on the x axis BUT still so difficult to fit.

But, there are barely a handful of designers compared to bazillions of designers for humans AND Dinkies dress like humans.  I love the Boho clothing from Lycia (Dinkie Boutique) and it is not baby-ish.

There is a DEV KIT available, and this is a very, very, very under-saturated market.  And, there are but a handful of full perm clothing items for Dinkies.

Furniture is needed too!  I don't make my Dinkie furniture animal oriented because we wear human clothing, I decided to do my shabby chic thing for the Dinkies....but to any creator, if you want to make it animal oriented and that is what you want to create, then you should.  I think you should create whatever you desire to make that comes from your heart.  

Popular?  It is popular.  Just visit Raglan Shire sometime.  Humans are always welcome, too.  Raglan Shire has a lot of Medieval dances, so Medieval mesh dresses are needed too.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Furniture is needed too!

Hair on the Dinkies looks... awkward to me LOL But I will let me freind know about the possibility of making Dinkie-sized furniture... Should I tell him to keep them PG? I'm not so sure the Dinkie community would be interested in human-nughties or not. LOL But I can see him making all sorts of stuff. I could find a way to give him the "bug" and once he has that, watch out. :)

I was leaning toward getting a Bunny myself, but can't see doing the hair thing Hahaha

Edited by Alyona Su

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Hair on the Dinkies looks... awkward to me LOL But I will let me freind know about the possibility of making Dinkie-sized furniture... Should I tell him to keep them PG? I'm not so sure the Dinkie community would be interested in human-nughties or not. LOL But I can see him making all sorts of stuff. I could find a way to give him the "bug" and once he has that, watch out. :)

I was leaning toward getting a Bunny myself, but can't see doing the hair thing Hahaha

Yes, PG.  I keep it General because I think about all Dinkies can possibly do is kiss, Kim Anderson style (Kim Anderson kiss photo below.)  I'm not even sure if the Dinkies can quite put their arms around each other yet.  Dinkies can do about 80% of general animations very well though.  For ground dances or ground sits, the hover needs to be set so low, the Dinkies go through the floor upon STANDING.  

IMPORTANT:  I forgot to add that whomever makes Dinkie specific items can advertise for free in the Dinkies and Small Talk groups inworld, even if it's Marketplace only.  

As far as hair, it is a bit awkward to fit.  I have made my DINKIE head smaller and attached a picture of how it looks currently (2nd photo below).  The hair clips detached when I re-sized the hair.  For those who do not know how to use the edit linked feature, they would not know how to move the clips back on the hair.  Also, Dinkies are semi-mod though most mesh clothes still works as one size fits all pretty much. 

The bunnies are so cute too!  Bunnies usually do not wear the hair.  But bows, wreaths, hats, jewelry, belts, tons of stuff is all possible.  Oh, and eyes!  Need more eye choices.   And, there are some cute Kimono robes for Dinkies and undies, but robes and nightgowns would be cute!  

p.s.  EDIT  I was just reading about the DEV KIT.  I think that is for adding the old prim style clothing.  More mesh clothing would be greatly appreciated!  I don't know if you make mesh clothing from the DEV KIT or not.  I don't make clothes but I do make textures and would love some FULL PERM clothes in mesh.  

kim.jpg

Snapshot_696 (2).png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.