Content creator looking for club industry input.

kira Alena

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey there, I am a scripter/ 3D modeler in secondlife, and I was looking into creating some club equiptment/tools. I have a rough idea on some things that will be working on, but I would like some input from the actual community. This is mostly for club owners, managers, and workers, to make the club scene a bit easier to manage/ more interactive.
(I am thinking of items along the lines of tip components, lighting, gadgets... etc)

- What are some items that you use in your club that could use some improving? What can be improved on them? 

- What is an item that you frequently wish that you could have in your club, that would help you manage things better.

Any ideas or comments are welcome :)

1 hour ago, FairreLilette said:

What I would love is a Shoutcast board that streams Youtube Playlists.  lol

Don't know if it can be achieved.  

But, being able to watch the Youtube videos while the music is playing is really cool, while a Shoutcast board only shows the title of a song.

This would put whoever is dj-ing at the forefront of a "you're not supposed to do that" sort of ordeal. Whether or not they'd actually get in trouble is irrelevant, you're not supposed to rip songs from youtube to "dj" them in sl (yes I know, loads do, still doesn't mean they're supposed to).  Admitting you don't pay licensing fees is probably something most "djs" in sl aren't up for ;) 

1 hour ago, Tari Landar said:

This would put whoever is dj-ing at the forefront of a "you're not supposed to do that" sort of ordeal. Whether or not they'd actually get in trouble is irrelevant, you're not supposed to rip songs from youtube to "dj" them in sl (yes I know, loads do, still doesn't mean they're supposed to).  Admitting you don't pay licensing fees is probably something most "djs" in sl aren't up for ;) 

Oh, I see.  I don't know anything about it really.  

So, that I why I've never seen anything like a Youtube board at clubs playing the video at a club while the music is playing.  It's not allowed.  Now, I see why.

K...I just thought perhaps it cannot be done.  

EDIT IN:   Okay, I'm doing some research on this and just started my research but from what I understand about Youtube is the artists are paid per view or play, so I'd think the artists would want Youtube to play in SL because then they would be paid.  Artists on Youtube are paid per view or play.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.