Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So out of the blue my friend and I have lost our heads. Literally.

We couldn't rez a blessed thing - started getting the 'attempt to rez an object failed' thing - so we both re-logged. When we were back in, our heads were missing. And we haven't been able to attach them since.

She gave up in disgust and logged out. Can't seem to find any notices about SL going awry atm - unless I missed one somewhere?

Anyone else having SL gremlin issues atm?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

sames been happening to me. attached body parts won't rez. after about 3 or so logins my head finally showed up, but eye's, teeth, and other body parts were still failing >_<

one other weird thing that happened, I was at my home in Bellisseria, and I got a pop up telling me that the region was currently unavailable, but I was there, and I didn't get kicked from the region or anything

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
added stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MiakisTheUsagi said:

sames been happening to me. attached body parts won't rez. after about 3 or so logins my head finally showed up, but eye's, teeth, and other body parts were still failing >_<

Actually - last ditch effort - unplugged the modem for a few minutes, then logged in. Seems to have fixed it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Actually - last ditch effort - unplugged the modem for a few minutes, then logged in. Seems to have fixed it.

I hope so. seems were not the only ones though.

ETA. So after 4 -5 relog attempts, everything seems to be working fine again.

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Haven't had any issues since I updated FS to the pre-BoM relelase.

Neither had I until it started a couple hours ago but was fixed with a modem reset :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AnyaJurelle said:

Neither had I until it started a couple hours ago but was fixed with a modem reset :)

I've been building and rezzing things all day without a glitch or a hitch. 

I'm glad you got your issue sorted, though. That's usually what it takes when it's not on the server end. Relog first and if that doesn't work, reset modem. If all else fails cry for help in the forum or a support group. 

h1E886778

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, except it wasn't just happening with me - my next door neighbour and friend was experiencing the same issue and I believe a couple of other people who commented in here, so clearly not an isolated incident but yes, a modem reset often does help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

I agree, except it wasn't just happening with me - my next door neighbour and friend was experiencing the same issue and I believe a couple of other people who commented in here, so clearly not an isolated incident but yes, a modem reset often does help.

You're next door neighbor is an SL resident? Wow. Small world.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're next door neighbor is an SL resident? Wow. Small world.

hahaha My SL next door neighbour I meant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

hahaha My SL next door neighbour I meant 

lol It didn't dawn on me until after I had shut my computer down last night. I was all jello and everything. Most of my RL neighbors barely speak English.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

lol It didn't dawn on me until after I had shut my computer down last night. I was all jello and everything. Most of my RL neighbors barely speak English.

lol But how cool would that be - rl neighbours in SL? I bet there's some closet residents out there....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

lol But how cool would that be - rl neighbours in SL? I bet there's some closet residents out there....

Met a guy in SL a few years ago... had a quickie. Talked a bit. "Oh, you're from Kentucky? Me, too..." "Oh, you're from Louisville? Me, too..." "Oh, you live in Neighborhood Name...? Me, too..." 

I think we both had an "OH HELL" moment, freaked out, and never spoke to each other again. It was just too weird to think that I could be in line at the grocery behind some guy I bumped pixels with in SL and I think he felt the same way. 

...shudders...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Met a guy in SL a few years ago... had a quickie. Talked a bit. "Oh, you're from Kentucky? Me, too..." "Oh, you're from Louisville? Me, too..." "Oh, you live in Neighborhood Name...? Me, too..." 

I think we both had an "OH HELL" moment, freaked out, and never spoke to each other again. It was just too weird to think that I could be in line at the grocery behind some guy I bumped pixels with in SL and I think he felt the same way. 

...shudders...

Could have been the start of something wonderful...

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

lol But how cool would that be - rl neighbours in SL? I bet there's some closet residents out there....

Way cool. It's been 2 years and at this point I'd love to have something in common with my neighbors. As it is, best I can hope for is a smile and a wave. It's just been made too easy for them to not learn English. heck even billboards around here are in Spanish and not English. I feel like I live in a foreign country these days.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Could have been the start of something wonderful...

He was not someone I'd have any interest in outside of an SL quickie! 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Way cool. It's been 2 years and at this point I'd love to have something in common with my neighbors. As it is, best I can hope for is a smile and a wave. It's just been made too easy for them to not learn English. heck even billboards around here are in Spanish and not English. I feel like I live in a foreign country these days.

Well, you could (as suggested elsewhere) move to Canada...but be sure you don't wind up in the French quarter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 10/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

Well, you could (as suggested elsewhere) move to Canada...but be sure you don't wind up in the French quarter.

Considering the state I grew up in, it would be almost like going home. And I've always loved going to the French Quarter in NO. Oddly enough, the Basilica was one of my favorite places to visit thanks to my 8th grade history teacher who was also the band instructor. Everyone else thought he was a mean old man until he told us he was taking us to NO for our annual field trip. I always knew he was softie underneath all that gruff.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'll see you up north, then.  Thinking about moving to Canada to escape global warming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Maybe I'll see you up north, then.  Thinking about moving to Canada to escape global warming.

Sorry. As much as I'd like to meet you, there's no way I'd ever move to Canada. They've got a lot of things to fix concerning First Nations people before I could even consider it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...