New desktop(HP ALL IN ONE) and shotty graphics! help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was lucky to get a brand new desktop from my employer to work from home!   Its my first actual desktop so I was really excited to download SL and see how amazing the graphics would look like.

But that was not the case.    

I open my FS and all I can see is this horrible jagged edge on EVERYTHING!   It looks kind of like the edge of a saw blade.    I tried taking pictures to show what I am seeing and it does show up so that will end one of my favorite things to do in SL.   I wanted to be sure it was or was not a FS issue so I downloaded the current SL viewer and I am seeing the same thing.    I messed around with the graphic settings in FS and also with my HP resoution.  But nothing works to smooth all those wonky edges.    I am including some  photos and my system specs in hopes someone can help me.

UPDATE:  Problem has been solved.   Thanks so much!

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Snapshot_001.png

Screenshot_5.png

Edited by BettiRaige

You want anti aliasing turned on. It’s in the graphical settings. Note that higher AA exponentially increases the load on the GPU. Start with 2x and restart, then 4x and restart, so on and so forth until you reach a level where things look smooth and you have decent framerate.

Sometimes AA in SL won’t work without basic shaders or ALM on, no idea why, sometimes it works without either, sometimes It wants both. Changing ALM on and off usually fixes it to result in AA working with ALM on or off.

14 hours ago, BettiRaige said:

I was lucky to get a brand new desktop from my employer to work from home! 

First make sure they allow you to use this as a personal device that you can do as you wish,  do not want to violate any of their company policies,  typically what applies in office, applies for home users too. 

Now i3, not to bad persay,   but 8gb ram,  can tell right off the bat it's a business machine, since they never order enough ram for the machines to be useful. 

I'm going to bet it has an igpu too, so that's also eating up the system ram. 

• Like 1

THANKS YOU GUYS!   It was the aliasing.   I have a dropdown of 2x and 4x  so I hit the 4x and restarted.   It smoothed out the edges so I am good.   I do realize that this IS a work machine so I may not be able to use it once I begin my new assignment but when I am not in contract I can!    Or at least until they tell me not to.   Have a great weekend!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1665 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.