What Happened to Vintage Clothes and Hair?

KathyGables

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, KathyGables said:

I SO love this board and all of you that contribute. I ALWAYS find the answer to my issues.

Here is my latest issue...

In the past there use to be a few stores that specialized in vintage clothes and hair (40's and especially 50's). I can't find a single one now. Does any know of some they can point me to?

Have you tried  Junbug , Go! and Valentina E. ? They all  have beautiful vintage clothing. Go! also has a large selection of gacha styles many with a vintage look . For hair I think many of the well known hair places will have at least a couple of styles here and there that work as vintage. I would try Analog Dog, Truth, and Stealthic for starters. Other posters can also probably suggest more choices. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 6:15 AM, Layla Claven said:
  •  

@KathyGables This looks like the best place to pick up vintage style hair https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/93753?search[category_id]=5&search[maturity]=General&search  I can't find them to purchase in world though. A lot of the vintage styles I spotted today were either of the 1930's era instead of 40's or too long like these I found in the discount section in Truth.

=1&search[per_page]=12&search[store_id]=93753

I did find a place that has vintage men's clothes while I was wandering about today. They may be useful for your Dad's avatar and I think all the items are free. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Time Portal/242/130/1930

Yes, Truth is my preferred hair provider. They do have a few vintage hair dos but did not have anything that worked for Mom. Thanks for the lead on the clothes for Dad.

Edited by KathyGables

37 minutes ago, Elinah Iredell said:

Have you tried  Junbug , Go! and Valentina E. ? They all  have beautiful vintage clothing. Go! also has a large selection of gacha styles many with a vintage look . For hair I think many of the well known hair places will have at least a couple of styles here and there that work as vintage. I would try Analog Dog, Truth, and Stealthic for starters. Other posters can also probably suggest more choices. 

Thanks. I will check it out.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:01 PM, Vanity Fair said:

Also, Sonatta Morales has an excellent vintage clothing store in the 1920s Berlin sims, I think. Or maybe the Time Portal?

Search for her under People in your SL viewer and there should be a SLURL to her store in her profile somewhere.

I found this store quite by accident whilst I was looking for Kauna. Yes it's in Time Portal, here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Time Portal/214/42/1930

More 1920s than anything else but they do have some 30s/40s style too. 

sonattamorales_001.thumb.png.5cffa2639136ebbc9b161f9400945541.png

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1532 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.