What do you think the next tier Premium membership level should be called?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

45 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I rejected Supreme at first because it reminded me of the Supreme's group from the 60's...and I thought maybe something better to denote the 21st Century might be better.  So, maybe consult a thesaurus?  

Plus, these are the defs for Supreme:

highest in rank or authority; paramount; sovereign; chief.
of the highest quality, degree, character, importance, etc.:supreme courage.
greatest, utmost, or extreme:

Yes, I want a SUPREME title

:D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TechDave said:

Well... there's always...……………..                      WHOPPER

No one's mentioned that yet.   WHOPPER Supreme... maybe?

Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce.

Special orders don't upset us.

All we ask is that you let us serve it your way.

Nah. Doesn't fit LL's MO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

We could take a leaf out of history and implement a class system...

Serfs (Basic, poor people and bloggers)

Peasants (Still broke but has some status, can own mainland, $300L a week stipend, sandbox access starts here)

Aristocrats (Shopping, access, lovers of shiny things, stipend $1000L a week)

Knights of the realm (Scripters and Builders, stipend $1500 a week)

Monarchs (All of the above perks, $2000L a week stipend, can own homesteads without needing a full region)

Fair warning to all, I will be purchasing Monarch level premium and will be looking down on you and “pulling rank” quite often

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Now that the naming is settled, anyone got speculations, thoughts on what you think should be an appropriate package for such a lofty name?

My own thought is that RL "Elite" people tend to like their own private islands so perhaps it is a premium way of getting a homestead or something similar?
I would hope at the very least there is a super yacht in there somewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Now that the naming is settled, anyone got speculations, thoughts on what you think should be an appropriate package for such a lofty name?

My own thought is that RL "Elite" people tend to like their own private islands so perhaps it is a premium way of getting a homestead or something similar?
I would hope at the very least there is a super yacht in there somewhere.

The name is not set in stone. Grumpity Linden said the name is the easiest thing to change at this point. That's why I started this thread to hear some ideas for an alternative.

It would be great if we could stay on that topic too. Maybe speculate what benefits we will/should get in a different thread?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CheriColette said:

LL has said, the new subscription level is to be called “Elite” and it wont come into play until after the 'Name Changes have been deployed'. (So I read in @Inara Pey blog today.)

11 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

The name is not set in stone. Grumpity Linden said the name is the easiest thing to change at this point. That's why I started this thread to hear some ideas for an alternative.

It would be great if we could stay on that topic too. Maybe speculate what benefits we will/should get in a different thread?

I am just responding to what @CheriColette said here which presumably came from Inara's blog.

If the naming has been settled then there isn't much point in speculating any further and a derail is pretty reasonable at that point.
If it truly isn't settled yet then fair enough, continue to speculate on the name for now.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
Added proper reference to Cheri

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

I am just responding to what Cheri said here which presumably came from Inara's blog.

If the naming has been settled then there isn't much point in speculating any further and a derail is pretty reasonable at that point.
If it truly isn't settled yet then fair enough, continue to speculate on the name for now.

Inara's post was from conversation she heard in the same meeting as in the video I showed in my opening post.

You can see her in the video along with myself and the Lindens on the web team.

Grumpity Linden literally says at the 18:43 mark "I'm open to suggestions. The name is like the easiest thing to change, I swear."

Suggestions follow at that point and at the end of the video.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

Inara's post was from conversation she heard in the same meeting as in the video I showed in my opening post.

You can see her in the video along with myself and the Lindens on the web team.

Grumpity Linden literally says at the 18:43 mark "I'm open to suggestions. The name is like the easiest thing to change, I swear."

Suggestions follow at that point and at the end of the video.

You might be right Lucia and Im sure the name could be changed before it becomes an option.

Sorry @Gabriele Graves if I got you messed up in an argument on my behalf. 

Edited by CheriColette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was reading last night about creating a business name and it said say something in the name about what you are offering.  So, yes, PLUS is good, it will tell people there is more stuff than just Premium. 

I used one of those name generators to generate a business name.  The name generator can also add a word to the first word you put in, so I put in Premium.  The best one of the choices the name generator came up with was X.  Premium X.  I didn't like any of the other names.  But, Premium Plus is better than Premium X I think.   

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I used one of those name generators to generate a business name.  The name generator can also add a word to the first word you put in, so I put in Premium.  The best one of the choices the name generator came up with was X.  Premium X.  I didn't like any of the other names.  But, Premium Plus is better than Premium X I think.   

That leads me to think of an entirely different level of membership.

I'd totally be down for that! I wonder what sort of perks could be included...

(am owner of Bellisseria X group)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.