Black Dragon

Chelsea Ubble

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Missing clouds happens on two occasions:

• You are coming from older versions/settings that used differently labeled cloud textures, this might confuse the Viewer as it tries to load the "old" cloud file which does not exist anymore.
  • For some reason the cloud texture is not set or unloaded, this can rarely happen for unknown reasons. I assume however that it is again due to old settings, it's the only time i've actually managed to see this happen. It could however happen if you rename, delete or move viewer files (possibly because you are trying to replace them with others from other Viewers or windlight cloud packs).

To fix this you simply open the sky editor and select a cloud noise texture. The Viewer automatically lists all textures found in the folder.

• Like 2

Have you checked the Black Dragon (BD) blog and asked in the in-world support group?

I suggest you include your computer specs from BD's HELP->About... and information about which Windlight setting you are using.

Viewers are changing away from Windlight and over to EEP (Enhanced Environment Project). We've seen problems in Firestorm and other viewers as the server side changes for EEP messed things up. So, we may have a couple more months of problems as they finish up EEP. They did hire 2 new graphics rendering people. They are about finished with orientation. So, we should see things start moving.

My point is you may not see this problem resolved and it may be no one has a fix. If you want the clouds... you may have to use another viewer, which I am sure isn't going to give you gorgeous render that BD does.  🥺

21 hours ago, Chelsea Ubble said:

I cannot for the life of me figure out why i don't see my windlight clouds. In firestorm the same windlight has clouds. Help?

The creator of the Black Dragon viewer is not a big fan of EEP and has apparently made a lot of changes to his viewer where EEP is concerned  (see the EEP feedback thread for many long and technical posts). So he may have changed things "in his viewer" (which is very much HIS viewer and rightly so since he does the work).  There should be some comments on any changes on the Black Dragon viewer website I would think.   Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.