Aemeth Lysette

...But where is it you REALLY want to live?

I think what I really wanted was a houseboat on the coast of the Bellisseria mainland, not the squishy pickle or a small island. In retrospect though, I think I would have got tired of that too.

What I really want, is a regular mainland parcel with water access to the Blake Sea. But unfortunately I am not made of money (as my mother used to say).

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Where do I want to live? I heard that Green Acres is the place to be!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
https://youtu.be/DrbPAt1_vc4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

i would really love to be on a hill or mountainside. with either a lake or river view. with some neighbors but not right across the street. id like to see a bit of wildlife about. like deer or moose or something. i like my house but the location, imo, isnt ideal. its ok for now. once the hype of the new homes dies down and i can get a new location without the worry of losing out completely, im staying put. even if i have to wait a long time.

• Like 2

I’d like to be on a high rocky coastline, with an unobstructed view of the water. It took months for my alt to get a houseboat. I haven’t tried for a camper, even though I love tiny homes. The landscaping is lovely. It feels good to be out of the race for awhile. I’m enjoying kayaking on the river byways. 

• Like 4

Oh, let me just admit it: Light of Aurelia. The line of homes with unobstruckted view to the lighthouse. This is mainly why I have an alt running the catch and release game. In case someone quits SL, and abandon a place like that.

• Like 5

Impossible plot.

A mainland house with boat launch to a large ocean, and lovely neighbours. I would need Interesting views, talented builders and some sort of balloons  that I could release which would attach themselves to any low slung sky platforms, anti-grav airports, full bright prims, blinking low lod meshtrocities and vintage primtaculars from the year dot, then gently float them upwards out of view whilst hypnotising the owners of said objects so they were convinced that that's where they had always put them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First and foremost I want to throw out lots of kudos for the Moles and the LDPW!
When I first joined SL at the end of 2010, buildings like used for the old Linden Homes were still a quite normal thing to see. But I confess, they did not attract me anyway. 
I went Premium after a while, but never really felt at home at my Linden Home. So I did quit Premium, due to some RL finance reasons, but also because to me, the benefit did not seem to be a big one.

That said,  here another confession: When LL started to create the new continent, and everybody was speculating about what it was going to be......a lot of people took an educated guess on "Linden Homes". I tended to join that speculation, but I wasn't too excited. Cause, you know, like: "Phhhh Linden homes.......okaaaaayyyyy" :)

And then the first regions were released. I saw some really awesome pics. And asked myself "Is it real? THESE are LINDEN HOMES? Wooooow!"
I started to watch the releases and reading blogposts about how fast the houseboats were claimed, how pretty the houses are and how "wild-romantic" the trailers could look.
To make a long story short: Those diligent moles had done (and are still doing) such a pretty good job, and are about to create the most awesome homes ever!
Thank you for that.

Well, no need to tell that last week I joined Premium again. Only for the Linden Homes. So did a close friend of mine. 
Her ideal home would be a house at the shore, with some sandy shore. And my ideal was a houseboat, cause I love sailable waters and as soon as I will get my new machine, (the old one starts getting too weak for SL, and running around on the lowest graphics is not really fun, hehe. Especially not for a hobby photographer like me!), ......... so, as soon as I get my new machine I want a place which enables me to make boat trips with my lovely Isea motorboat. 

And then....surprise.......only two days after I went Premium again, I managed to grab an abandoned houseboat. The cheering did not really keep for long......cause......well I am not really a very picky person, but I am sort of a hermit. Needing a little space around. But the houseboat was at "Guppy" region. And there, they are set up very close to each others, so I had 4 (!) neighbours. Two at my back, one at each side. And the waterfront wasn't at the wide side of the parcel, but at the small one. First I felt happy to have grabbed a houseboat so fast, and I furnished it. But the day before yesterday I decided to give it up again, cause I had made some tours over the continent and realized that nearly all other houseboats are much nicer than mine. 
Meanwhile my friend claimed a house (just like me, only two days after making Premium), and it was not at the seashore like desired. But it is at Fuhrbol region and has a creek at one and a big pond at the other side, only one direct neighbour. So .......she is happy and decided to stay.

The thread starter asked what our "ideal" place would be.....
well I will be okay with any other houseboat which isn't sandwiched narrowly between four other boats, like my first one was and like (thanks God) most other houseboat regions are not. 
But if I could chose a certain parcel, it would be at Pegleg Channel  region.....there is a houseboat which marks the end of a row and has a wonderful view at a lighthouse. This would be my perfect Lindenhome. 
So I hope I won't miss out the release of Pegleg just like I did yesterday when Proud Mary went live. (I had a date with my hairdresser, and when I got back home it was all gone......grrrrr)

I wish I knew at what day Pegleg Channel will be opened, I swear I would not leave my desk until I had my "Ideal Linden Home" :)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Oh, let me just admit it: Light of Aurelia. The line of homes with unobstruckted view to the lighthouse. This is mainly why I have an alt running the catch and release game. In case someone quits SL, and abandon a place like that.

Just like me!! *lol*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anidusa Carolina said:

First and foremost I want to throw out lots of kudos for the Moles and the LDPW!
When I first joined SL at the end of 2010, buildings like used for the old Linden Homes were still a quite normal thing to see. But I confess, they did not attract me anyway. 
I went Premium after a while, but never really felt at home at my Linden Home. So I did quit Premium, due to some RL finance reasons, but also because to me, the benefit did not seem to be a big one.

That said,  here another confession: When LL started to create the new continent, and everybody was speculating about what it was going to be......a lot of people took an educated guess on "Linden Homes". I tended to join that speculation, but I wasn't too excited. Cause, you know, like: "Phhhh Linden homes.......okaaaaayyyyy" :)

And then the first regions were released. I saw some really awesome pics. And asked myself "Is it real? THESE are LINDEN HOMES? Wooooow!"
I started to watch the releases and reading blogposts about how fast the houseboats were claimed, how pretty the houses are and how "wild-romantic" the trailers could look.
To make a long story short: Those diligent moles had done (and are still doing) such a pretty good job, and are about to create the most awesome homes ever!
Thank you for that.

Well, no need to tell that last week I joined Premium again. Only for the Linden Homes. So did a close friend of mine. 
Her ideal home would be a house at the shore, with some sandy shore. And my ideal was a houseboat, cause I love sailable waters and as soon as I will get my new machine, (the old one starts getting too weak for SL, and running around on the lowest graphics is not really fun, hehe. Especially not for a hobby photographer like me!), ......... so, as soon as I get my new machine I want a place which enables me to make boat trips with my lovely Isea motorboat. 

And then....surprise.......only two days after I went Premium again, I managed to grab an abandoned houseboat. The cheering did not really keep for long......cause......well I am not really a very picky person, but I am sort of a hermit. Needing a little space around. But the houseboat was at "Guppy" region. And there, they are set up very close to each others, so I had 4 (!) neighbours. Two at my back, one at each side. And the waterfront wasn't at the wide side of the parcel, but at the small one. First I felt happy to have grabbed a houseboat so fast, and I furnished it. But the day before yesterday I decided to give it up again, cause I had made some tours over the continent and realized that nearly all other houseboats are much nicer than mine. 
Meanwhile my friend claimed a house (just like me, only two days after making Premium), and it was not at the seashore like desired. But it is at Fuhrbol region and has a creek at one and a big pond at the other side, only one direct neighbour. So .......she is happy and decided to stay.

The thread starter asked what our "ideal" place would be.....
well I will be okay with any other houseboat which isn't sandwiched narrowly between four other boats, like my first one was and like (thanks God) most other houseboat regions are not. 
But if I could chose a certain parcel, it would be at Pegleg Channel  region.....there is a houseboat which marks the end of a row and has a wonderful view at a lighthouse. This would be my perfect Lindenhome. 
So I hope I won't miss out the release of Pegleg just like I did yesterday when Proud Mary went live. (I had a date with my hairdresser, and when I got back home it was all gone......grrrrr)

I wish I knew at what day Pegleg Channel will be opened, I swear I would not leave my desk until I had my "Ideal Linden Home" :)

The Proud Mary boats is in a tight fit. I had one, I abandoned it. I am so picky now that I am only looking for the end of a row boats.

Keep an eye on the thread "When did you last see a Bellisserian home available". It is a lot of speculation, but some of it is not way off. I am sure I will miss out Pegleg. I am leaving for the RL family's no internet, no tv cabin in the woods tomorrow. Mobile net only in one corner of the livingroom. 😯 Will be a lot of reading.

So you have one less to compete against. 😘

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The Proud Mary boats is in a tight fit. I had one, I abandoned it. I am so picky now that I am only looking for the end of a row boats.

Keep an eye on the thread "When did you last see a Bellisserian home available". It is a lot of speculation, but some of it is not way off. I am sure I will miss out Pegleg. I am leaving for the RL family's no internet, no tv cabin in the woods tomorrow. Mobile net only in one corner of the livingroom. 😯 Will be a lot of reading.

So you have one less to compete against. 😘

Have a nice, restful vacation....sounds wonderful.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2019 at 1:21 PM, Beth Macbain said:

.sssssshhhhhhhhh... yeah, I could do it myself but I want all sorts of sweaty, shirtless Lindens and Moles constructing my cliff home with their bare hands... while I sip lemonade and watch all the bulging, rippling, muscles...

Or maybe just @Quartz Mole... 

Where were we? What are we talking about? When did it get so hot in here? LAWD!

blanche.gif.b74e540d847a754c5440d949fc1b816e.gif

OMG   THIS IS THE BEST !!!!!!!!! BETH  YOU ARE A BLESSING!!!!!! ,,,,    MY RL HUBBY  STILL LAUGHING ABOUT THIS ONE ,,,,,,  HUGS AND THANK YOU

• Haha 1

I finally got lucky during the Evard release in July. I've stopped playing the mad refreshing game ever since. I was happy just having a home finally. Not my dream location but it'll do for now. Once the hype dies down and there are enough homes for everyone, I might try for a better location without the fear of being homeless for weeks.
My "perfect" plot would be somewhere near water. Ocean view or just some pond doesn't matter.

• Like 4

if i can choose i probably go for a more open space and less density area, non obstructing view and peaceful neighbor

• Like 4

I'd want a houseboat on a pacific northwest inlet - like around Seattle. No beaches in sight, but a lot of redwoods coming right up to the shore.

I had that on a nudist estate in SL for a short while, but they could never figure out how to make enough to keep the place alive and retain residents and it all closed up.

- There's a LOT of places like that in the east end of Blake Sea, but with sky high rental prices and 'no nudity' covenants.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap