Hud not working

Untes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey since today i have an issue with my attached hud's like catwa hud master , maitreya hud and AO. I can't click on them no matter what i do, i even re installed firestorm, i cleaned the inventory cache and nothing works.. my AO isn't working either. 

First, go to a lag-free sim such as Happy Hippo Building School and teleport to one of their sandboxes and try your huds there.   Find a sandbox at Happy Hippo Building School that isn't busy, that's why you will need to teleport to one.   Or, pick any sim that you think won't be busy with avatars or lag and try your huds there.

Edit:  It almost sounds like your region may have turned off allowing scripts.  For what reason they would do that, I do not know.  Perhaps a problem in your region.   Go to another region far away from where you are.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

First, go to a lag-free sim such as Happy Hippo Building School and teleport to one of their sandboxes and try your huds there.   Find a sandbox at Happy Hippo Building School that isn't busy, that's why you will need to teleport to one.   Or, pick any sim that you think won't be busy with avatars or lag and try your huds there.

Edit:  It almost sounds like your region may have turned off allowing scripts.  For what reason they would do that, I do not know.  Perhaps a problem in your region.   Go to another region far away from where you are.  

still not working, i loged into my other account and the hud works there perfectly only on my main account it won't work

Just now, Untes said:

still not working, i loged into my other account and the hud works there perfectly only on my main account it won't work

I think you have a "bug" of some kind...but don't panic...I had it about two weeks ago and it resolved within a day. 

Have you thought about joining Firestorm Support English group inworld?  Perhaps they can help quicker than here?  Firestorm Support English group is available 24/7 if you ever need anything.

I really don't know what else you can try right now.  Maybe someone else does.

25 minutes ago, Untes said:

Hey since today i have an issue with my attached hud's like catwa hud master , maitreya hud and AO. I can't click on them no matter what i do, i even re installed firestorm, i cleaned the inventory cache and nothing works.. my AO isn't working either. 

Since all died, and assuming you tried them on another (script-enabled) region, then it's likely something happened to you that killed the scripts in the HUDs. The easiest fix is to use the body, head, and AO delivery boxes to get new copies. If you didn't keep the boxes you'll have to get them redelivered first. Your other account wouldn't have had the same thing happen to it, so its HUD(s) wouldn't be affected.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Since all died, and assuming you tried them on another (script-enabled) region, then it's likely something happened to you that killed the scripts in the HUDs. The easiest fix is to use the body, head, and AO delivery boxes to get new copies. If you didn't keep the boxes you'll have to get them redelivered first. Your other account wouldn't have had the same thing happen to it, so its HUD(s) wouldn't be affected.

i did that and it worked but when i want to apply a skin the hud won't work, so all  huds are screwed :/

Edited by Untes

Is your AO working in-world and you just can't use the HUD? If so, make sure you aren't wearing something large and transparent on the HUD that is blocking all the other HUDs. Or that you haven't accidentally moved a HUD off the screen. Some HUDs use a large transparent area to store resources like button graphics and that can get moved in the way.

1 hour ago, Evah Baxton said:

Is your AO working in-world and you just can't use the HUD? If so, make sure you aren't wearing something large and transparent on the HUD that is blocking all the other HUDs. Or that you haven't accidentally moved a HUD off the screen. Some HUDs use a large transparent area to store resources like button graphics and that can get moved in the way.

Couldn't she just change to an outfit and all of the above what you are saying would detach?

EDIT:  I'd recommend getting out of your region (where your home may be) as there may be something wrong happening there.

Go to an inworld hair sim or skin sim and see if hair and skin huds from the DEMOS work at those sims.  

Edited by FairreLilette

As others have noted, the usual reason for a HUD not working is that you are in a place where scripts are disabled.  Changing locations or flying up to a hundred meters or so will test this.

Another thing that can happen is that a crash can "break" any HUDs that you are wearing at the time of the crash.  In this case, you must rez a new copy of the HUD from the original box, or get a new one via redelivery or re-purchase.  The broken ones will stay broken, even if you take them back into inventory and re-wear them.

• Like 1

This could well be related to the problems that the grid was having last week. https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/263n6z6w1sp0

I had similar issues and what resolved it for me was getting the region re-started. The fault should now be fixed but if your region is still having issues, Linden Lab will need to know about it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Untes said:

i did that [a redelivery] and it worked but when i want to apply a skin the hud won't work, so all  huds are screwed :/

It wouldn't be surprising that multiple HUDs would be affected by a crash, if any are. THIS IS ONE OF THE GAZILLION REASONS CREATORS SHOULD ALWAYS MAKE HUDS MODIFIABLE* so you could just reset/set running the no-mod scripts inside instead of having to get redeliveries of everything and get the viewer to update links in all outfits to point to the new instance. But I'm afraid that's what you'll be stuck with doing.

(This assumes you have indeed tried these HUDs on other regions. That's how it appears from your responses, but it's not 100% clear.)

• Like 2

I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago, asked in several groups including Firestorm Support, they explained what it was about, but that was the type of dry info my brain did not care to retain lol..anyhow, the only solution was to get everything I was wearing at the time re-delivered and tossing broken stuff away...

I am also having this issue starting this morning, 10/5/19. None of my huds are working...AO's Body HUD, clothing HUDs. I am using the newest FS viewer and have tried reinstalling the HUDs, moving to a different sim even tried resetting the scripts in my AO. Any ideas would be helpful. This issue is across two computers

Edited by Alrik Halberd

4 minutes ago, Alrik Halberd said:

I am also having this issue starting this morning, 10/5/19. None of my huds are working...AO's Body HUD, clothing HUDs. I am using the newest FS viewer and have tried reinstalling the HUDs, moving to a different sim even tried resetting the scripts in my AO. Any ideas would be helpful. This issue is across two computers

Two computers doing the same thing. Try rebooting your modem/router. Or get redeliveries on all.

@Alrik Halberd

Just got this notice from the FS support team.

There are  high numbers of users with inventory issues since the grid problems yesterday. If this applies to you, 
1) Check your inventory on the SL viewer (download from https://secondlife.com/support/downloads/). If inventory is missing on that viewer, 2) Contact SL support; see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-contact-customer-support/ta-p/739385.
3) **IF** your inventory is OK on the SL viewer,  work through https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

This really isn't making any sense at all. HUDs in Inventory? Only HUDs, not other scripted items? For that matter, why should any items in Inventory -- as opposed to being worn during a crash, the original topic of the thread -- why should Inventory items be affected by anything other than loss of Inventory itself? 

Just to narrow down the unknowns here: redelivered HUDs work? Just not the ones that were in Inventory when the problem started? And we're completely sure that applies to HUDs that were not attached when the problem started? And it doesn't apply to scripted items that aren't HUDs? (or aren't attached when used?)

Wait. The redelivered body also doesn't work? That's crazy.

Are you sure you're on script-enabled land?

Again, what about scripted objects that are just rezzed on the ground, not attached?

For that matter, what about scripted objects that have never been into your Inventory at all? Like, rez a fresh box on the ground, add a "New Script" to its contents; does it say "Hello, Avatar!"

Okay, so it's not all scripts. Maybe I took too literally the "inventory" part of "every HUD in my inventory" and "thousands of items" -- if it's every item you were wearing at some point when the problem started, that's the unfortunate behavior of many scripts after certain rare crashes. But if something literally broke items you weren't wearing at the time... that's a new one on me.

Incidentally, to rescue modifiable objects, it's not quite enough to reset the scripts inside, you very likely will first need to set them running first. You can even try recompiling them (Mono), all from the Build / Scripts menu. (I don't have an example to test with so I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you should need that recompile step.) Of course no-mod items are just borked and would need redelivery.

Edited by Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.