A plea for help on a body shape bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all!

I do not know if this is a common bug or no, or if anyone else has this problem, but...

It is the shape that is bugged. Here is the rundown: My torso muscle slider is at 100 percent, however I run into the problem that when I log and come back my arms look like they are at 50 percent on my screen. They snap back to the 100 percent size when I go into appearance. They look 100 percent muscular on my screen, but on others they are still 50 percent. I have tried re-creating the shape, clearing the cache, etc. And nothing works! I'm on my last leg here and would appreciate some insight!

Cookies and hugs,

Gabby

Does this problem happen when you create a different shape? I had a similar problem a long time ago (2007) but mine was that the torso muscles kept going to 100. It also snapped back to normal in appearance mode and everyone else said I looked normal. I had to write down every slider setting number, Ioad up another shape and reapply all the numbers. You could also try a different viewer or try making a shape with an alt and giving it to your main.

hi =)

i reported this bug back in 2007 and some linden told me they wont fix it because they plan a completely new avatar soon.

4 years later we know they didnt :smileysurprised:

/me pokes torley

there is a workaround though. it´s annoying, but does the trick. i have not changed my shape in a while so i am not sure if i remember it right (maybe you dont need to do all steps i write here)

create the shape you want and then save it. (remember the upperbody muscle setting number)

then turn your avatar into a male and save.

then turn the upperbody muscle slider to the ammount you want for your female shape and save.

now back to female and save.

then change your upperbody muscle settings by at least 1 (doesnt matter how much, just change it) and save.

then back to your desired setting and save again.

now it should stick and also look like you want it to others (yaaaaay)

now this new setting is "burned into" your shape, so if you want to change it again you need to do all the steps again

good luck and have fun ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.