Best place to meet the younger crowd?

EllieFay

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@EllieFay

I think the simplest solution to your problem is to just not ask the ages of people you meet!  I think you will find that you make a lot of great friends...and sometimes, years down the road, they may mention their age and you will be so surprised.

Of course, I'm...er...well, I'll just say I'm retired.

• Like 2

THE SAYING   AGE   IS JUST A NUMBER.   Meeting people of different ages and opinions helps you grow and mature.  I have friends who are very young and friends who are very age mature besides my age range and i treasure them all and connot even think of second life without them!!!!!!   The good thing about second life is you can see the true beauty of everyones heart and not get distracted by silly things

• Like 2

I'm actually surprised by the general sentiments in this topic, almost everyone I meet in SL is in like... their 20s. I actually feel old at 32. I'm almost always the oldest in the room, including in the human places I've visited!

If anything I'd say it's extremely rare to meet anyone older than millennials.

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I'm actually surprised by the general sentiments in this topic, almost everyone I meet in SL is in like... their 20s. I actually feel old at 32. I'm almost always the oldest in the room, including in the human places I've visited!

Many many many different ages in sl .   That is what makes sl a treasure . Looking for my shoulder pads and mink hairspray.

As a younger person (20 y/o) and someone new to SL (three weeks into joining), I've found many of my friends in the newbie places. It helps that the crowds of newbie places are composed of people either new to SL and learning (like myself), or people that are looking to help us out.

Similarly to what Cinos said, most people that I've encountered so far have been closer to my age or even a little younger. Upon finding out that my one friend was 34, I was floored! Reading this thread is just as jarring since, again, the majority of my encounters have been young'uns, so I'm really surprised to see so many older folks!

On 10/16/2019 at 1:42 PM, Cinos Field said:

...or the folks you meet aren't exactly telling you the whole story...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1646 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.