Automatically unlisted items - what's going on?

Elvina Ewing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Nerxual Oh said:

Does LindenLab have a list of banned text? This is getting out of hand with them... Three emails but four products unlisted. I don't have 'leg' in any of boxes either. This guessing bullcrap from LL has to stop

Seriously.  I've spent the past 20 minutes trying to creatively rename an item so it will somehow resemble what it was originally and Every. Single. Time. it has been rejected.  If they are going to have a "banned words filter" then it needs to be transparent and accessible to those who use the platform it influences.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nerxual Oh said:

Does LindenLab have a list of banned text? This is getting out of hand with them... Three emails but four products unlisted. I don't have 'leg' in any of boxes either. This guessing bullcrap from LL has to stop

No and they will not provide one.  They figure if they give the list out, then that will just encourage some to figure out a way around it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No and they will not provide one.  They figure if they give the list out, then that will just encourage some to figure out a way around it.

this makes sense.  Other thing as well, if there was a known documented list then when a new word (for which ever reason) got added/banned then it would upset people who had previously included that word in their listing. Official Linden docs sometimes get treated as if they are cast in stone

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nerxual Oh said:

They have a list, but 99% of them don't know what it is (I actually suspect 100^%, but I'm giving them a 1% handicap), don't know where to find it, don't know why it exists and will NEVER, under ANY circumstances., tell us residents what it is.

It's pure hogwash (pg version of what I really think it is).  There is literally no rhyme or reason to "the lists"(yes, multiple, some are content level flags-ie adult, moderate, others are what *they* deem to be infringement cases, general asshatery...) and there never will be as long as a LL employee is in charge of implementing it, because, clearly, that haven't an eff'n clue how and no one at LL will help them. 

• Moderators

Greetings, All!

If you have tried to determine what term is triggering the filter, and you are ONLY editing the default English tab, please be aware that the term may be on one of the other language tabs. 

As noted in the other thread on the current issue with banned text triggering on listings, one of the terms is 'kinder" and it is on the German language option tab.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Check the thread "Unlisted due to banned text" right here in this forum. I was hit by it, too, and after ideas from that thread I removed the word "Kinder" (german for children) from the german description - no problem anymore. I had also opened a support ticket, which was answered by Dakota Linden. After figuring out the triggering word, Dakota escalated the problem to a supervisor. Most likely "Kinder" triggered the ban hammer because of the Company Ferrero holding a copyright for different sweets sold under the name "Kinder", like Kinderschokolade and so on. This *should* not trigger the ban hammer, Ferrero doesn't hold the rights to that word outside of yummy RL cholocate products. Hopefully it will be fixed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings, All!

If you have tried to determine what term is triggering the filter, and you are ONLY editing the default English tab, please be aware that the term may be on one of the other language tabs. 

As noted in the other thread on the current issue with banned text triggering on listings, one of the terms is 'kinder" and it is on the German language option tab.  

Would've been nice to have that mentioned in emails but thank you. That actually fixed it. It wasn't kinder, other tabs weren't updated as the english one was.

I'm having the same issue in my store.  How am I supposed to know what's causing the alert?  I've updated over and over again but it keeps saying I'm using "banned" words.  Here is what my listing says: 

SKBW Alien Lekku - Skin Shades & Greyscale

Included in this pack:

Flexi-prim skin-shade alien lekku in pale to dark shades
3 Greyscale lekku in white, grey, and black
1 pair matching ear pieces for each color

Can someone please explain to me how any of that is offensive and needs to be banned??!  I'm so perplexed and frustrated right now.  

Edit: I changed every language and it seemed to work after that.  It's my only advice, good luck! 

Edited by Zinti
updated information

10 hours ago, Fenn MacMoragh said:

I have had two items unlisted for keywords 

The following product has been automatically unlisted due to banned text in the keywords_in_all_languages field: Razzor.

Now I am trying to figure out what the banned text is all of a dsudden.

Possibly because Razzor is a RL company

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1373 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.