Graphics distorted and moving

malienna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I am experiencing a strange graphics issue when I zoom in using SL Viewer at a certain sim. The textures appear to be moving, including the ground, and even my desktop becomes distorted. It only happens when zooming into one particular area of the parcel.

Any idea what might be causing this?

zooming.thumb.jpg.9fde6ff91dbe452b868762fc20d7d98c.jpg

9 answers to this question

This is interesting.  In my Safety class today, I was demonstrating my Cloak of Invisibility.  One person said that, while I was wearing the cloak, she saw vertical lines moving about the room, much as you describe and show in your picture.

I wonder if this has anything to do with LL moving more of the infrastructure into the cloud.

• Like 1

For some reason I am not seeing notifications so totally missed these replies. I apologize for taking so long to respond!

Here are my computer specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770S CPU @ 3.10GHz (3092.84 MHz)
Memory: 12228 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18362.356)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 760 (192-bit)/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.21.14.1634
OpenGL Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 416.34

I thought maybe it had to do with the off sim landscape being used on the sim? (It's at my favorite fishing spot, Eagle's Nest, on the North side of the sim)

I visited Eagle's Nest, and yes, the off sim landscaping gave some odd flickers before everything rezzed fully.  Once it did, the sim statistics settled down.  Packet loss seems high at 0.3, and ping time high at over 100ms, often up to 120+ms.  Frame rate is good, for me anyway, at about 25 fps.  I didn't notice any weird graphics glitches other than during the first few seconds after arrival.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for checking! I still experience the strange moving graphics issue every time I visit but only when I zoom to the very northern edge of the sim, so it doesn't affect my experience fishing there. I appreciate your taking the time to help - I am so grateful!

I can reproduce this, but you have to have your camera in a very specific spot.

So far I can only reproduce when basic shaders are disabled.
Can you go to Me -> Preferences -> Graphics -> Advanced Settings & tell me whether you can only reproduce this when Basic Shaders is unticked?

Cool bug though.
This is what I see: https://gyazo.com/59e74b0163d88ffeb115254479987817

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.